Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Man, they were probably like... we need to get this thing out COVID -19 landscape or not be damned. I imagine Sony is going to litigate VERY hard against whoever leaked info.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Damage is already done. people are pissed on the leaks content and are using it to spoiler anyone who is still excited with the game.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

It's like they're mad at Sony for what is in their opinion a bad story, so the more people they tell these spoilers too, then the more possible people will cancel their pre-orders and/or not buy the game.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Sony's Twitter is watching their thread like a hawk

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Yup

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Should've just released it at normal time, SE did it with FF7R; so galaxy brain take here is that its their fault?

BG Level

Rumor is the leaks came from a disgruntled employee at Naughty Dog.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Not surprised. They already losing talent due the Studio’s crunch and not paying the employees for the work .

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Twitter is laughing at ND right now. I should mention this, ND had to hire movie animators, and train them due to shitty work environment in Studio.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Funny how many have turned on ND and Neil Druckmann after Leak. They Finally notice they Treated people at Studio like shit. I know the crunch article was released a while back but many ignored it because they were excited for game.
    Earlier this year Sony DMCA’d a post that alleged to contain the game’s entire plot and, if it was a legitimate leak, it proved to be extremely divisive with some of its far left leaning plot elements. People took the leak with a grain of salt since, at that point, it was nothing more than hearsay. However, the recent The Last of Us Part 2 gameplay leak has pretty much confirmed some the original source’s claims which now makes us believe the The Last of Us Part 2 plot leak was, in fact, legitimate. An anonymous source linked to Nauhgty Dog Inc. reached out to us with the following message regarding The Last of Us 2 footage leak. The source goes on to talk about how stale the work environment has been at Naughty Dog and how so many people have had to bite their tongues because ‘cancel culture’ is very much alive inside of the studio.

“Many people would agree with me that this has been one of the worst projects they’ve ever had to work on, and that’s not just because some people disagree with the plot. Even though some of the team members are Christians and don’t necessarily agree with the game’s ‘message’, they are also professionals and can put their personal politics aside to get the job done. What really sucks about all of this is the working environment.” The team is very much divided on the game, and even voicing your concerns on its story will upset certain individuals; it usually results in said person being called closed-minded or even phobic, or some such nonsense. Some people literally have to bite their tongues or fear losing their jobs, even careers, to an outrage mob.”

Our source also alleged that the high turnover in staff is because of the reasons mentioned above. “What’s really sad is that nobody is allowed to talk about any of this. Many employees have left Naughty Dog because in-house politics and they are under a strict NDA and absolutely cannot discuss the studio’s ‘productions practices’ secrets. Oops!”

Naughty Dog Inc., has a turnover rate of 70% which skyrocketed around the time The Last of Us Part II went into production. Our source’s claims have been corroborated by a former Naughty Dog animator, Jonathon Cooper, who left them in early October last year. Jonathon Cooper alleged that Neil Druckmann would force employees to sign a very strict NDA upon leaving Naughty Dog or he’d withhold their final paycheck.
    It’s sad people can’t speak their minds about the game since games are suppose to be a team effort.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm going to have to avoid this stuff on Twitter, because the people defending Naughty Dog and treating the leaker like some bad guy makes my blood boil. The Gaming Industry uses employees, underpays them, takes advantage of their passion for gaming, psychologically abuses them with the constant threat of losing their job if they don't comply to insane crunch hours, most if not all of which is unpaid... all while still firing/laying off hundreds of them even if the game sells well just to maximize profits, in an industry already running glorified gambling rings in most AAA releases. Not to mention, not delivering on promised bonuses, profit sharing, etc.

I hate that no matter what happens here, including this game flopping and destroying Naughty Dog, its the employees who pay the price. The higher ups will just move on to destroying the next company with fat severance packages and all the developers get is the reward of being unemployed.

BG Level

So NG went woke, now hopefully they'll go broke if this is the path they want to go down.

Also I doubt we can discuss the leaks even with a spoiler tag but let me just say this in regards to what I saw... LMAO!!!!!

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'd cancel your reserved copies now if you have them. Seriously just wait for reviews the leaks are that bad.

Edit: Not even just for the Wokeness as I know some of you on BG love Wokeness, I assure you you'd hate the leaks if you like TLOU and even the Ellie DLC.

BG Level

It sucks too. TLOU did have potential for a sequel IMO.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

That world has a ton of potential, but I've been somewhat apprehensive about this game from the start because Ellie and Joel's story was wrapped up pretty well. The only question at the end was whether she knew the truth or not.

Haven't looked at the spoilers, but I'll probably be more swayed by the gameplay evaluations than the story -- if they can maintain the same tension as the first game, I'll probably end up picking it up.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I watched a lot of the leaks since I have no intention of buying this and wow is it stuffed full of some of the cringiest material I've ever seen in a video game.

We've transcended simple wokeness and I suspect even the woke crowd will find a lot of the subjects and themes explored in this game's plot very offensive.

BG Level

I'm pretty sure REEEEEEEEEsetEra os already complaining

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    I watched a lot of the leaks since I have no intention of buying this and wow is it stuffed full of some of the cringiest material I've ever seen in a video game.

We've transcended simple wokeness and I suspect even the woke crowd will find a lot of the subjects and themes explored in this game's plot very offensive.
    I said fuck it and read the spoilers just now. Holy fucking shit what a dumpster fire you weren't kidding. TLoU is easily a top 3 GOAT for me but this sequel is an easy skip.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    I'm pretty sure REEEEEEEEEsetEra os already complaining
    Fuck that forum for ruining people’s lives. Here’s a guy they tried to ruin his life for his opinion(first video about leak”no spoiler” and ND woke shit 2 years ago).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag