+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Resetera is a hivemind of a forum. Don't agree with a single thing a mod said or whatever? Instant ban. Dislike something for CLEARLY OBVIOUS REASONS? Ban

Shit is dumb as fuck. Makes me roll my eyes every time I see threads of them wanting to attack people for personal agenda. They say no harassment on there but hey sure as fuck will harass people they dislike for stupid reasons.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

So like, I guess trying to be as spoiler free as possible, are people upset because

A. The game is preachy and “woke” or
    B. The story is just shit or
    C. Both?

Because I can deal with A just fine

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm assuming A lot of A, a lot of B, and a lot of something we can't even hint at without it being spoiler territory. But its a lot more than just being woke, a whole whole lot more, the wokeness was simply a Train in which the game rode all the way to the site of the wreck.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

2nd half of the game is where majority of people are losing their shit over.

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    So like, I guess trying to be as spoiler free as possible, are people upset because

A. The game is preachy and “woke” or
    B. The story is just shit or
    C. Both?

Because I can deal with A just fine
    From what I read it's a little of both. And it's not needed in TLoU world, but I do realize that's just my opinion and it's completely irrelevant. I also just find it to be really dumb writing if the final writing/game is even remotely close to what's been spoiled.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'm pretty socially liberal and the story seems a bit cringe. I don't think it's gonna be a day one for me but I'm curious to see the execution because the execution of the first is what made it so memorable, imo.

Spoiler: show
    For example, when Ellie gets kidnapped. It's whatever. Typical kidnap plot that just happens to involve the main character. When you start to learn more about the kidnappers does it start to dawn on you that you need to rescue Ellie NOW because those people are FUCKED up. Wouldn't have felt the same if the execution for that chapter sucked.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

I am curious about these leaks and how it can ruin the game. Are people just butt hurt over the direction of the game or is the gameplay just bad with questionable design choices? I have no idea if a main character dies but I always assumed either Ellie or Joel would die in this one.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

The problem is you really can't discuss the leaks without basically spoiling the entire game. But if I had to sum it up as best I could without spoiling anything... I'd say bad Tumblr Fanfic.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Click if you don't care about one of the major cpoiler points of the game

Spoiler: show
    One of the standout examples of shit that doesn't mesh with me is when the transgender who murders Joel goes on a warpath and is able to completely overpower and beat two lesbian women* nearly to death, physically disfiguring one of them, because they're biological females.

*NAMES REDACTED

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

isn't that what trans athletes in MMA have shown us though?

BG Level

haven't read through the spoilers as i don't know why someone would devalue one of the most anticipated releases in a decade beyond impatience, but Naughty Dog's record is good enough i'll trust them until they prove i shouldn't. dudes are some of the best storytellers in vidya, even if an idea sounds stupid on paper believe in them enough to execute.

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post
    haven't read through the spoilers as i don't know why someone would devalue one of the most anticipated releases in a decade beyond impatience, but Naughty Dog's record is good enough i'll trust them until they prove i shouldn't. dudes are some of the best storytellers in vidya, even if an idea sounds stupid on paper believe in them enough to execute.
    Boy, are you in for a surprise

BG Level

I'M CERTAINLY NOT STOKED

the internet has gotten real retarded over nothing before but yuh this would be an awful lot of smoke without fire. wait and see eh game releases soon enough.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Godspeed brave warrior

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Gonna save that quote for future reference.

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post
    I'm fucking in. Let's ride this coaster together

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Maybe I'm just an uncultured swine, but I didn't much care for anything in Last of Us beyond the story telling. That was absolutely top tier, but the rest of the game just never gripped me. Made for a good watch online, but never finished playing it.

I don't care to get spoiled on this. Is there a vid or post somewhere that has collected all the spoilers?

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

You might have a hard time finding most of it now. Has been taken down left right and center.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    I am curious about these leaks and how it can ruin the game. Are people just butt hurt over the direction of the game or is the gameplay just bad with questionable design choices? I have no idea if a main character dies but I always assumed either Ellie or Joel would die in this one.
    long story short they did same shit as Star Wars Last Jedi and Star Trek Discovery/Picard. Agenda and subversion became more important than The story. Going to post this video again. It explains what was happening to ND 2 years back. you know ND is shit when people like Amy Hennig has left the video game industry working on movies(ND, Neil and EA screwed her video game passion) and Dragon Prince (Netflix Animated show) is done by Ex-ND.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

The beat-by-beat outline doesn't seem that bad. It's going to boil down to the dialogue and how it's handled.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag