Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries - December 10, 2019

First Single Player Mechwarrior since 2002

Spoiler: show

The year is 3015.

Humanity has expanded to the stars, colonizing a vast region of space known as the Inner Sphere. Where the Star League once ruled in relative stability, generations of countless wars, alliances, and betrayals have divided the Inner Sphere into five distinct Successor States. These states, also known as the Great Houses, have fought and quarreled for centuries over the remnants of the Star League and control of the Inner Sphere. They are now in the midst of a Third Succession War, one which has been raging for almost 150 years.

While the battlefields of the Inner Sphere burn with an array of devastating weaponry, none is more formidable than the BattleMech. These immense fighting machines, piloted by elite fighters known as MechWarriors, dominate the wars of the future with enough firepower to annihilate entire cities.

In MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries you will adopt the role of a rookie MechWarrior pilot thrust into combat as the Third Succession War continues to fracture the Inner Sphere. Take contracts from the factions of your choosing and engage in tactical, first-person, PvE ‘Mech combat through an immersive, career-based Mercenary campaign driven by player choice. Victory, prestige, and profit will not only require skill on the battlefield, but in the acquisition, maintenance, and enhancement of your BattleMechs.

Set for release in 2018, MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries is under development by a dedicated development team at Piranha Games. MechWarrior Online, Piranha’s existing F2P multiplayer-focused tactical ‘Mech combat game, will continue its ongoing live development by the MWO team at Piranha.
    http://mw5mercs.com/

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Pretty pleaaaseee come with good VR! Do want!

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Delayed to December 2019, Now An Epic Store Exclusive
    https://mw5mercs.com/faq#question-1-2

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    Delayed to December 2019, Now An Epic Store Exclusive
    https://mw5mercs.com/faq#question-1-2

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Guess I won't be playing this

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Not for a year anyway

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

PG just can't help but to suckle on that Epic teat every chance they get. Looks like this fell the fuck out of my interest window for a year.

Fuck your exclusive game client, lol. I don't use EA's, I don't use Bethesda's, and I sure as shit won't be using Epic's.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

av a giggle laff at the nerd rage over launcher exclusives. it's a little annoying and desktop cluttery to be sure but more than made up for by the dozens of free games Epic has given away. competition is good.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Competition is good when you don't have to bribe a company to fund your "competition". I don't need my PII sold off to yet another Chinese-funded company to get "lost at sea".

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post
    av a giggle laff at the nerd rage over launcher exclusives. it's a little annoying and desktop cluttery to be sure but more than made up for by the dozens of free games Epic has given away. competition is good.
    I wouldn't call this competition. This is a storefront that has barebones features compared to Steam who's only competitive edge is they have a parent company that can buoy their shitty storefront with exclusives.

Also Fortnite.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Epic's got Fortnite and Tencent money and practically nothing else going for it.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    I wouldn't call this competition. This is a storefront that has barebones features compared to Steam who's only competitive edge is they have a parent company that can buoy their shitty storefront with exclusives.

Also Fortnite.
    it's the definition of competition. they have a storefront that can't presently compete in features accessibility or name recognition with the resident market leader so they entice the consumer in other ways, the 25 free games and counting, their distinctive $10 summer sale rebate on every title over $15, their larger revenue cut for developers.

i get the annoyance, but it's bizarre to me PC gamers are so fiercely protective of a Steam monopoly. Epic gives a greater proportion of revenue to the people who actually make games, far more than Steam, doesn't have the tiered revenue split which favors AAA titles, and at least hitherto has been extremely consumer friendly with the gaggle of free goodies they're throwing out. hopefully the competition encourages Valve to deliver a better Steam as well after growing stagnant in recent years. Origin has certainly dramatically improved from its inception to the point Origin Access is prolly the best gaming subscription service around and the proliferation of launchers has resulted in GoG developing a master launcher to integrate all gaming clients and libraries into a single bit of software.

and at the end of the day all these launchers are free. you're not getting gated off from games by $400 hardware like in the console wars (which is still prolly an overall good as the competition encourages Nintendo and Sony and Microsoft to create console-moving masterpieces like BotW and God of War). competition is good.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Epic got a good chunk of cash from Fortnite but their majority of money is from every game created/using Unreal Engine. While the engine is free, after so much sales, a portion goes to Epic. PUBG is paying Epic money. Fortnite made $3B but Epic is estimated at $15B.

Steam is established and, most likely, isn't going to cease existing. I think, a lot of consumers are concerned about investing because Epic may close shop and lose your games (major concern with Stadia and other streaming things). Steam wasn't great at the start either.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Epic just kind of makes me think of what Urianger said.

Spoiler: show

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries