+ Reply to Thread
    E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Exist Archive: The Other Side of the Sky

So, I was browsing the playstation store and came across this little gem. I watched a review about it here:

As I was a HUGE fan of Valkyrie Profile I & II when I was younger, I decided to try it out. I can say I am having a lot of fun, the strategic aspects to the battle system are really cool, the storyline is neat, as well. It's interesting how your item drop rate is directly tuned into how well you play each battle out. How efficiently you play out your attack phase/guard phase will make your item drop rate go up/down through the dungeon.

If you play smart it's not hard to keep your drop rate at aroun 40-50%, sometimes higher, but it's also very easy to lose drop rate quick if you do something stupid in battle.

Anyone else besides me tried out this game lately? Was wondering what some of you thought about it, as well.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

This game is awesome. I finished Lava Flows 1 last night and was averaging aroung 40-50%, a couple of times I hit 65% but it didn't last long. After I beat it I went back in to look for the extra essence crystals that pop and finish 100%'ing the dungeon since they remove you instantly after you beat the boss. I level up 3 peoples classes before I went back in and got some new abilites, I was pretty much capped at 75% item drop rate almost the whole dungeon lol. I got a couple 5-chain encounters while I was in there with 130%` EXP bonus and 3 pages of drops, lol... most of it was just junk I sold off to Amatsume, but was still funny to see.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Bought it, played it for a little and liked it. Looking forward to having more time with it.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Ayn View Post
    Bought it, played it for a little and liked it. Looking forward to having more time with it.
    The OCD in me is going to make me try to 100% each of these dungeons, lol.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

That's EXACTLY why I put it down for a bit. Saw "yeah, can't casually play this."

The reviews seemed middling/above average, which made me know I was going to enjoy it a lot. Very much has a VP feel to it.

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Been wanting to get it when it released but there were too many oct releases for me so decided to put this on hold, will probably try to get around to playing it when I finish up DQ7 and FFXV.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Ayn View Post
    That's EXACTLY why I put it down for a bit. Saw "yeah, can't casually play this."

The reviews seemed middling/above average, which made me know I was going to enjoy it a lot. Very much has a VP feel to it.
    Yeah, I don't start it up unless I have at least an hour of free time to use on it. That's roughly how long it takes to 100% a new dungeon. I'm still having fun with it, though.