BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpy View Post
    maybe I am tripping but I feel like I have been able to send relic +1 and -1 between account characters. but now it isnt letting me do that. did something get ninja'd or am I tripping remembering being able to send those when I got them on mules gobbie boxes? Ive gotten about 3 peices 2 +1 and 1 -1 since the update and cant send them to my main.
    Been on the list awhile. Can't even do the nqs. Funny thing is shapers shawl just got added to the list even though it's never been sendable

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I still think there's probably some gimmick on previous floors to nerf the floor 3 boss otherwise SE is really stupid. If they really intend for people without a full party to do nothing but farm cards on the first 2 floors then they shouldn't have a stupid time limit on an already timed event to get said cards. I know floor clears count but 2 per day is a long ass time to build up when it's what 5 clears per card? If you luck out and get an easy objective or two on the floor hurray, but sometimes (read: almost all the time) it's crap you can't do at all for the job you're on. It also means it's impossible for anyone to solo or duo etc to +3 gear since that crap requires the Catuare drops which you can't even get to and more than likely can't kill either. So yeah, still annoyed at this garbage.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Hitou View Post
    I still think there's probably some gimmick on previous floors to nerf the floor 3 boss otherwise SE is really stupid. If they really intend for people without a full party to do nothing but farm cards on the first 2 floors then they shouldn't have a stupid time limit on an already timed event to get said cards. I know floor clears count but 2 per day is a long ass time to build up when it's what 5 clears per card? If you luck out and get an easy objective or two on the floor hurray, but sometimes (read: almost all the time) it's crap you can't do at all for the job you're on. It also means it's impossible for anyone to solo or duo etc to +3 gear since that crap requires the Catuare drops which you can't even get to and more than likely can't kill either. So yeah, still annoyed at this garbage.
    You mean SE wants people to party up instead of do shit solo?!?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

We took down Kei today with a PUP (tank) SMN SCH BLM GEO COR setup. Got SMN earring to drop. Special note: DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT magic burst with a Helix. After the initial nuke damage, every tick after that adds to it's already crazy regen. We killed it with 1:30 left after we engaged with 23 minutes or so remaining so it's not a very fast fight. But can be faster if mistakes are minimized.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I think that was somewhat intended

Quote Originally Posted by se
    We’re currently progressing with development on new battle content geared towards parties. The difficulty will range from the regular monsters found in Reisenjima up to the very difficult version of Intense Ambuscade. The stage for the battles will be set in a secret area of Reisenjima. We’re currently creating new maps and are in our testing phases for the systems.

In a previous broadcast, we mentioned that we really didn’t want to create new content that focused only on defeating a boss, and so this content will revolve around exploring through this secret area while defeating monsters, and then ultimately arriving at a boss which you must defeat. Additionally, the regular monsters found in the area will also drop loot, so going into this area to focus only on defeating regular monsters is a possible. Likewise, just aiming for the boss is possible as well, and you will be free to choose based on your play style

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    You mean SE wants people to party up instead of do shit solo?!?
    If they didn't intend for anyone to enter solo they would have limited the entry to 3-6 or just flat out 6. But obviously they want people to party up for everything. It's not like I'm against that but it's not as easy to find people for anything as it was when the dinosaurs still roamed the earth and this game was popular. insert pointless gif of your choosing here.

Campaign
    BG Level

If they didn't intend for anyone to enter solo they SHOULD have limited the entry to 3-6 or just flat out 6.
    FTFY, actually wished they did that.
    Wonder why they didn't make Omen alliance content to begin with, that scales down to 3, kinda like Delve you know?

Dunno, I'm living my life well pretending that Omen doesn't exist and waiting for tweaks which I'm pretty sure are gonna come in some form, sooner or later.
    I'd much rather spend my time doing other things in game (or simply playing other games offline) instead of the frustration and negative feelings that I'd get from pursuing stuff in Omen. I know myself well enough to know that's what would happen to me if I were to.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Err.. the point is that you can farm cards solo, or you can party up and attempt the bosses when you can gather the people. Look at the ratio of materials involved to upgrade a set:

Job Paragon Cards: 240 (Avg ~2.5 per full clear or ~1.5 per solo)
    Boss Upgrade Items: 5 (~1.2 per kill)

96 full clears for a group of 6 would get you 960 cards (160 each) and would generate ~115 megaboss upgrade items, only 30 of which your group would actually need to use to upgrade stuff. SE seems to have envisioned a system where players slowly grind away farming cards solo during the week and then gather up in statics on the weekend for boss runs. It should take about 25 runs to get 30 upgrade materials for your group, which would be 62.5 cards, and you'd need another 118 runs solo to cap out. So that's 1-2 boss clears per week and otherwise soloing.

The questionable part isn't really their statement that Omen can be done solo (it can, and it's easier to complete the quests and get cards). The questionable part is SE's timetable for the event.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    The questionable part isn't really their statement that Omen can be done solo (it can, and it's easier to complete the quests and get cards). The questionable part is SE's timetable for the event.
    Yeah seems clear SE intended this to be the big event we spend the year on. Man feels like old school days and not in the fun way.

Side note looks like they fixed skillchains not counting for sch and blu... but pets or at least autos still in the cold. Still not sure why the ws aren't counting either. Interesting to note but crit hits did count

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Funkworkz View Post
    Link to Omen music: https://www.dropbox.com/s/61myecj1wvav63v/Omen.mp3?dl=0

Reminds me of a mix of MMM and FF: Lightning Returns

The Shadow Lord remix from FFRK campaign: https://www.dropbox.com/s/in7t9pp4fv...0FFRK.mp3?dl=0
    Didnt get a chance to hear this one, anyone have the Shadow Lord one/which way to extract XI's music these days? Been awhile since I did it haha.

Omen does seem pretty interesting for all intents and purposes though..just wonder if they're going to adjust the length you have to do objectives since I still see a lot complaining mostly about that, least in the linkshells I'm in.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So after about 4 fights with glassy thinker (seriously all but 2 of my glassies have been thinker) I've yet to see this mythical Winds of Promyvion that you can supposedly encourage it to use.

All I've seen is Trinity absorption instead of the tap listed on bg wiki, pain sync, empty cutter, shadow spread, negative whirl, and stygian vapor

Campaign
    BG Level

I think it's already been reported by multiple sources that the "keep him debuffed to force Winds" strat doesn't work at all =/

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    So after about 4 fights with glassy thinker (seriously all but 2 of my glassies have been thinker) I've yet to see this mythical Winds of Promyvion that you can supposedly encourage it to use.

All I've seen is Trinity absorption instead of the tap listed on bg wiki, pain sync, empty cutter, shadow spread, negative whirl, and stygian vapor
    After much prodding of our GEO tonight we had the opportunity to get a good focused look at this.

Above 60ish% Thinker didnt use WOP once. Only debuff on was dia.

Below 60%ish we pushed him to start keeping it fully debuffed and WOP became a very common WS. Not preferred, but on equal usage with Shadow Spread and Trinity. Pain Sync usage slightly behind.

Lots of discussion on XIAH about what type of damage Pain Sync is. Only thing I can offer is that only 1 out of many Pain Syncs killed my tiger. Damage was either in the 100s or ~4500. The KO one was 5300.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    Didnt get a chance to hear this one, anyone have the Shadow Lord one/which way to extract XI's music these days? Been awhile since I did it haha.

Omen does seem pretty interesting for all intents and purposes though..just wonder if they're going to adjust the length you have to do objectives since I still see a lot complaining mostly about that, least in the linkshells I'm in.
    Reupped them for you, same links.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Funkworkz View Post
    Reupped them for you, same links.
    Thanks!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    I think it's already been reported by multiple sources that the "keep him debuffed to force Winds" strat doesn't work at all =/
    I know though reports have said it at least makes it more common. But I've I've literally never seen it. Had it use a good hundred or so moves on me and never winds

Other news my trusts seem to be counting for casting and mb again. Maybe was just broken that one run. And yay dia counts for mb. Only bad part is I often kill the normal mobs with the skillchain

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

DevPost by Salalaruru on OF

Looks like objective timer may be getting increased soonish, but could be time per floor maybe? :/ ... I really need to work on my kanji..

Someone turn on the Kincard Signal!

edit: nevermind, he beat me to it already @_@;; lol

It is indeed an increase to time limits to complete objectives apparently.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I spammed Fenrir's Impact a lot on the thinker and he used Winds a lot

Also looks like according to battlemod winds was only removing my Impact debuffs one at a time. So he couldnt chew through them faster then I could reapply. I also put eva/att down on it with fenrir as well, and dia II. All combined thats like 11 debuffs kept up at all times. He also spammed a tonne of hand to hand WSes especially shortly after impact.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Sounds like a "number of debuffs" mechanic, similar to how you can force the Naraka HELM to change stances with enough debuffs on him, not just repeating dia.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Fun fact there is true aggro in there. At the very least skeletons and flying sperm were true sound. Which I found out the hard way when one hit me then 30 others did thru blood aggro

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast