BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Fun fact there is true aggro in there. At the very least skeletons and flying sperm were true sound. Which I found out the hard way when one hit me then 30 others did thru blood aggro
    The undead frogs are true whatever as well.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So saw noticed a vid about Adapas shield blocking pretty well and doing some math that would need to be backed up by Martel but when the reprisal activates if geared for blockrate looks like a war should be able to get similar block rates as Priwen plds who aren't wearing a ton of blockrate stuff but reprisal up. It's still no pld but could be kind of a big deal.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

So two questions:

1. What is the best way to solo or group farm for cards in Omen? People are saying to kill all mobs but does that really do anything if its not an objective?

2. As a PUP, I was having serious accuracy issues on the Carver last night. Without buffs and sushi+1, I had 1350 accuracy for my WS but I noticed whenever Geo spells were done, my TP return was very low and damage was mediocre. That damn evasion buff was also to blame but I felt that it was still difficult to get adequate accuracy (Serenade was at 80% and I was at 70% the entire fight). Is there anything that you guys can recommend to improve my damage (please give serious answers...)? I have reconfigured a high accuracy WS set but that would still only have me at maybe 1390 -no buffs or so. Since I want to actually card farm past floor 2, killing this boss more reliably is important.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

If you go PUP, it's a good idea to also bring a BRD.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Kyte View Post
    If you go PUP, it's a good idea to also bring a BRD.
    I definitely agree. Counting on GEO debuffs is unfortunately rough thanks to all the aoes of the midbosses. Is there a particular brd trust that focuses on accuracy songs?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Joachim's default songs are March+Madrigal, although like all buffer trusts, you can't completely rely on his choices.

1 Madrigal probably won't solve your problem on boss floors.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I never really noticed problems with lower acc than that myself well on ws I don't melee a lot so that might be part of it. Since you pup have you tried having your auto dispel the evasion boost?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Merry Christmas ffxi

Quote Originally Posted by SE
    We have confirmed an issue with the NPC “Coelestrox” at Reisenjima, so this NPC has been temporarily deleted.

We will make an announcement later regarding when the NPC will be available again.

and the traveler
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Toth View Post
    So two questions:

1. What is the best way to solo or group farm for cards in Omen? People are saying to kill all mobs but does that really do anything if its not an objective?

2. As a PUP, I was having serious accuracy issues on the Carver last night. Without buffs and sushi+1, I had 1350 accuracy for my WS but I noticed whenever Geo spells were done, my TP return was very low and damage was mediocre. That damn evasion buff was also to blame but I felt that it was still difficult to get adequate accuracy (Serenade was at 80% and I was at 70% the entire fight). Is there anything that you guys can recommend to improve my damage (please give serious answers...)? I have reconfigured a high accuracy WS set but that would still only have me at maybe 1390 -no buffs or so. Since I want to actually card farm past floor 2, killing this boss more reliably is important.
    for #1, teleporting up is an objective. so when going solo at the very least you can clear 3 objectives if you can get to glassy NM (entering omen counts as 1)
    for #2, killing the glassy NM with just trusts may prove difficult unless you are the tank, hopefully someone can chime in on this but I can only imagine burt PLD with perfect sets being capable.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I got Gorger to 60% solo on DNC/NIN, but then it killed me with my own climactic flourish.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

While I am triboxing so it's not quite the same autos easily tank and deal decent dmg on them. I'd imagine gorger would be fairly easy since it has a minimum of radial AoEs and you can easily melee along side it though blessing sync is weird and still gotta figure out wtf it's doing to maneuvers/overdrive. Craver might be doable /nin but would probably be tricky killing in time since trusts would be constantly dead and I'd imagine you'd have to leave range anytime shadows weren't up

I'd imagine it's similar with the other non specifically tank jobs that can sort of tank/good soloers like dnc as byrth Byrth mentioned depending on matchup and luck.

I'd also like to think killing mobs does do something. As long as I don't hit weird agro and die early I've been hitting more cards since I started killing more fodder (not always all just more) while going just as far into the zone. And get 1-2 everytime even if I only make it to 3 and do no time limit objectives 2-3 runs in a row. Due to my current setup (using pups whose wsing and skillchaining and the magic dmg from those skillchains don't count yay for half the objectives just not counting) I rarely hit more than 2 objectives a run. How exactly it works no clue probably has something to do with those omens messages but I don't know how to keep a log of them to try and figure out the seemingly random numbers

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Craver is hard because there is nothing you can realistically do to keep trusts alive.

Last run I did solo on BST I had "kill all" on F1 and "kill all sweetwater" on F2 and hit at least 1-2 objectives on each floor. Still only left with 1 card.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So looking on the ah apparently the text the af goblin gives you is just trolling us and there is no actual improvement to the af+3 despite it flat out saying so

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I just got my hands on an Adapa Shield today. I saw that people were wondering about the "Reprisal" on the shield. I'd be willing to go out on my WAR and test it out. Just let me know what I need to do for proper testing.

and the traveler
    BG Level

I'm not so sure much testing would need to be done unless the Reprisal effect from Adapa Shield differs from spell itself, which gives 1.5x block rate.
    I think dasva's earlier comment was more just stating that it can be rather effective on a job apart from PLD..

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Speaking of which I was talking to martel and apparently there has been some testing done that wasn't posted that showed +block rate is factored before reprisal making this less great than it looked at first. Still probably the most durable to physical these jobs have ever been

Campaign
    BG Level

The problem that affects 5th floor (items disappearing from treasure pool if you get zoned out) sorta affects floor 3 as well.
    On Floor 3 if you don't kill the boss with enough time left, the game won't have time to calculate a time extension and you will be forced out and lose the item.
    Happened to us yesterday on Thinker, we killed with like 2-3 seconds left, I managed to lot but got kicked out right after.

Speaking of Thinker, someone said that keeping a large number of debuffs on him forced Winds of Promyvion over Pain Sync, I have to say that alas that's not true.
    We had the following buffs on him yesterday: Nocturne, Elegy, Requiem, Threnody, Dia, Slow, Paralyze, Frazzle, probably something else as well. All of these confirmed because they expired after our wipe.
    I can say he was using Pain Sync somewhat a bit less often, but he was STILL using Pain Sync. Especially under 25% he was hardly using anything else.
    As it stands Thinker is quite annoying with a full melee setup. Need to pay attention for its "readies" message and turn around, but a single mistake can mean a wipe. I find it much easier with mage setup honestly.
    Too bad floor 3 is random though.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Speaking of which I was talking to martel and apparently there has been some testing done that wasn't posted that showed +block rate is factored before reprisal making this less great than it looked at first. Still probably the most durable to physical these jobs have ever been
    Er, isn't block rate+ being factored before reprisal a good thing?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    The problem that affects 5th floor (items disappearing from treasure pool if you get zoned out) sorta affects floor 3 as well.
    On Floor 3 if you don't kill the boss with enough time left, the game won't have time to calculate a time extension and you will be forced out and lose the item.
    Happened to us yesterday on Thinker, we killed with like 2-3 seconds left, I managed to lot but got kicked out right after.
    The time extensions are awarded when you advance to the next floor, so it's not that the game didn't have time to calculate them; you just didn't qualify.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    Er, isn't block rate+ being factored before reprisal a good thing?
    er sorry I meant to say isn't lol. It's after so you lose a good 10 block rate on just this shield. Also apparently block rate floors are figured last so if you were way below the floor this shield might not increase it at all.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast