BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    The problem that affects 5th floor (items disappearing from treasure pool if you get zoned out) sorta affects floor 3 as well.
    On Floor 3 if you don't kill the boss with enough time left, the game won't have time to calculate a time extension and you will be forced out and lose the item.
    Happened to us yesterday on Thinker, we killed with like 2-3 seconds left, I managed to lot but got kicked out right after.
    If you low on time send someone over to where the portal will spawn. If you have time to lot you have time to go up

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So I'll have to take back my kill many enemies theory. Going back thru my records of the last several days it's been exactly every 5 objectives if you count entering as 1. This does open up an interesting possibility though. Since the cards are mulable you can definitely enter on mules but the idea of gearing them up and doing those extra runs isn't exactly appealing. However entering and exiting for 1/5 of a card doesn't require gearing up and really hardly anymore time than logging for log in points. Potentially faster then your real character farming since it can't always go on the job you want. Of course you still need to get access.... but at this point still might be a time saver lol. And hell could probably even still clear the first couple of floors with shit tier 119 and good mules

Oh interesting side note trusts curing you count towards the object trusts curing themselves didn't for me. Guess you can't just make them cure tank for each credit lol

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Yeah, me and my friend both have mules that enter to get 1 card everyday. I find it useful since I don't normally go on geo on my main character, so I can actually complete multiple jobs at once. Also this is weird..in a full party of people, when we've had the sc objective, sam never seems to be able to get credit but when me and my friend do a mule run with just us 2 and 4 npcs, his sc's count on sam? Why?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Seems this update they kind of fucked all kinds of things with skillchains all over. Like for awhile blu and sch jas wouldn't count. Pets still don't count. Mixed reports of sams counting and not counting with the same ws.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

We definitely had a 30k WS fail to trigger the "30k WS" mission the other day. Other people have reported that the "30k" includes skillchain. I'm not sure what the deal is.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Oh that reminds me I've seen the single magic thing objective with and without mb and bgwiki only shows without.

Speaking of which I've seen skillchains count sometimes and other times not count towards the non mb magic dmg. Though good luck doing enough dmg with closing ws to get a 15k skillchain while not reducing the mobs hp to less than 15k

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Oh that reminds me I've seen the single magic thing objective with and without mb and bgwiki only shows without.

Speaking of which I've seen skillchains count sometimes and other times not count towards the non mb magic dmg. Though good luck doing enough dmg with closing ws to get a 15k skillchain while not reducing the mobs hp to less than 15k
    That's not hard if you do it early on a transcended mob, as they have ~60k HP.

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    We definitely had a 30k WS fail to trigger the "30k WS" mission the other day. Other people have reported that the "30k" includes skillchain. I'm not sure what the deal is.
    Did the mob have at least 30k HP left when you did the WS? Overkill damage doesn't count for the objective. I can absolutely guarantee that the 30k includes skillchain damage, also.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    That's not hard if you do it early on a transcended mob, as they have ~60k HP.
    Don't they scale with players in? Because I've definitely killed a few with only 30k-40k dmg done triboxing.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

That's the HP I parsed when I went in solo.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So managed to beat Fu today pup pup cor. Took about 25 min due but could easily speed it up if I had overdrive available, paid more attention (missed some buffs for a bit), and hadn't forgotten to bring oils/muslums forcing me to basically full time full dt gear almost timed out since I had gotten a lot of unexpected aggro and stupid killed 13-18 sweetwater objectives. Got crit hit twice though super easy to do with autos.

One thing I noticed while doing it is again the decent disparity between ranged and melee though I don't remember that being there when I overdrived last time. I'm thinking it's just got a ton of def that's favoring the ranged in my setup. Also takes decently more skillchain dmg compared to closing ws than all the normal mobs. Not sure if its part of that takes enhanced dmg thing working double duty though it seemed to do it even when my ws were doing normal dmg

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    So managed to beat Fu today pup pup cor. Took about 25 min due but could easily speed it up if I had overdrive available, paid more attention (missed some buffs for a bit), and hadn't forgotten to bring oils/muslums forcing me to basically full time full dt gear almost timed out since I had gotten a lot of unexpected aggro and stupid killed 13-18 sweetwater objectives. Got crit hit twice though super easy to do with autos.

One thing I noticed while doing it is again the decent disparity between ranged and melee though I don't remember that being there when I overdrived last time. I'm thinking it's just got a ton of def that's favoring the ranged in my setup. Also takes decently more skillchain dmg compared to closing ws than all the normal mobs. Not sure if its part of that takes enhanced dmg thing working double duty though it seemed to do it even when my ws were doing normal dmg
    Did you not use any manuevers the entire fight to prevent Fu from absorbing them?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Toth View Post
    Did you not use any manuevers the entire fight to prevent Fu from absorbing them?
    Can't absorb if you are out of range. Only kept the cor barely in range of that move with just rolls and protect I and reraise up. But he doesn't absorb them anyways based on initial pull... which makes sense considering I don't think anything actually absorbs maneuvers. Gorger is the first thing I think that can do copy maneuvers

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I hate that Pet weaponskills, especially Automaton weaponskills, don't count towards the weaponskill requirement. My group has gotten this many times and we don't even come close to finishing it. However, if puppet WS did count, we'd easily be able to finish that.

I've also seen some other goals on the list that we thought we were doing right and for whatever reason they weren't counting. One instance was a single nuke for 15k+ damage. Our GEO blasted a Transcended mob with one, and it ended up not counting. There was still 60+ seconds left, so that couldn't be it.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Did the transcended mob have at least 15k HP left when the GEO nuked it?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Yes, the nuke was not a killshot. So maybe it needed to be a killshot? Who the hell knows. All I know is that Omen is good content that's sort of "a necessary evil" but it needs a lot of work by the Development Team. That is, if they're willing.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It would still tell you how much of it did count

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Did anyone find the Black chocobo cap and/or Bl. Chocobo Suit in the new years event?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpy View Post
    Did anyone find the Black chocobo cap and/or Bl. Chocobo Suit in the new years event?
    Trade the wandering lead monster stuff until you get them. Also can get galette des roix and new years gift like normal as well as cait sith carving

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I did not receive credit for a skillchain that I created myself. Unfortunately, the light that resulted did like 7k and killed the mob...

Also, does Glassy Craver have a weakness to ranged attacks? For some reason, Serenade was constantly doing like 7-8k Armor Piercers and ranged attacks where over 600.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Toth View Post
    Also, does Glassy Craver have a weakness to ranged attacks? For some reason, Serenade was constantly doing like 7-8k Armor Piercers and ranged attacks where over 600.
    Well AP can get up to a bit over 8k with full tp and capped pdif but probably wont always be capped tp and I even noticed armor shatterer doing a lot. I've found in general actually ranged auto doing better I think a bit due to defense but I think some might just be weak too it.

Speaking of ranged autos being good a couple doing a well timed overdrive can make Fu pretty Fun. Thanks to that only took about 8-10 minutes this time. Like took as long to get it to 75 as it did to get it to 0 from there and that was with me messing up and accidentally getting tp on a master which stopped wss for a good minute