BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Damn you Byrth!!!

So yeah drops are starting to make me sad. Been getting glassy craver a bunch and first 6 kills got earring or torque and since then nothing but hope crystal. So like last 9 kills in a row nothing or just crystal yet to see shield. db is down but anyone else notice a lower droprate on shield?

Fu being similar with body but that's to be expect. 0/12 yay gunna have so many scales before I get my rng stuff lol

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Damn you Byrth!!!

So yeah drops are starting to make me sad. Been getting glassy craver a bunch and first 6 kills got earring or torque and since then nothing but hope crystal. So like last 9 kills in a row nothing or just crystal yet to see shield. db is down but anyone else notice a lower droprate on shield?

Fu being similar with body but that's to be expect. 0/12 yay gunna have so many scales before I get my rng stuff lol
    im a firm believer that TH4 helps, we have couple people with TH sets from DM augments

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Feels like another Dring...

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I've only seen shield and crystal from Craver. I wish he'd drop the earring more often...

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Trade ya if I could

I think FFXI should be Free-2-Play
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Neoex View Post
    im a firm believer that TH4 helps, we have couple people with TH sets from DM augments
    I really don't think TH helps lol. We have real THF, never seen 2nd drop slot, always first drop slot 100%.

Campaign
    BG Level

Wish we could get official answers from SE about that, but shouldn't TH help at least on the floor 5 bosses, in increasing the chances of an equipment item to drop, since it's not guaranteed? (unlike with Glassy bosses where I guess there's 1 guaranteed equipment slot)

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The Caturae boss equipment seems to share a slot with their scale, so TH is unlikely to help there.

Campaign
    BG Level

Share a slot? But I seem to recall having seen item + 2 scales?
    Not 100% sure, you might be right. Are you absolutely positive about it?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Only killed like 12 but I've never seen 2 scales + equipment. Always 1 scale + either another scale, or equipment or nothing lately. Well and now the crafting items

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Not 100% positive, but I've never seen a caturae drop other than Scale x2 or Scale x1, Equipment x1 (assuming it doesn't try to drop a rare item everyone already has).

Campaign
    BG Level

Maybe it's the blurry image of item + scale + mat that's confusing me, I guess you folks are right.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

That said I've never seen a body drop or screenshot of a pool with a body either so I guess it's theoretically possible though probably unlikely that the 2nd slot is for scale or accessory and 3rd slot is for potential body. Of course given the apparent droprate of bodies chances are by the time you get one to drop you likely already are full up or at least already have a bunch of accessories so wouldn't even know because accessory wouldn't have dropped anyways lol

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Share a slot? But I seem to recall having seen item + 2 scales?
    Not 100% sure, you might be right. Are you absolutely positive about it?
    We go with a THF since Omen release everyday non stop, Ive never seen 3 drops+craft mat from megaboss, nor 2 drops+craft mat from mid boss. Mid boss always drops 1 random gear and 1 craft mat, megaboss always drops 1 upgrade item, 1 upgrade item or gear, 1 craft mat.

Unless the 3rd drop slot is 1% or something, I doubt TH affects anything.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    That said I've never seen a body drop or screenshot of a pool with a body either so I guess it's theoretically possible though probably unlikely that the 2nd slot is for scale or accessory and 3rd slot is for potential body. Of course given the apparent droprate of bodies chances are by the time you get one to drop you likely already are full up or at least already have a bunch of accessories so wouldn't even know because accessory wouldn't have dropped anyways lol
    Someone posted a body drop on FFXIAH

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/50...ngs/14#3207852

It's one scale one body drop.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

We also got one scale one body

Campaign
    BG Level

I wonder to what purpose they like to make these bodies drop rate so much lower than other items.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

"replay value"

Campaign
    BG Level

I dunno. There would be replay value even with rates higher than <5% drop rate.
    I mean while I didn't agree with it, it kinda made sense with Tartarus Platemail. It was an unique item with an unique look. A Single item. It dropped from the only megaboss. And Vagary badly needed some motivation to keep spamming the content. Tartarus Platemail clearly wasn't enough, but it helped to that purpose.

But here? We have in front of us a content what will take ~3 months to cap cards of a single job. A SINGLE job.
    Then you have to farm Scales, you have pricey mats for useful synths, you have useful drops from bosses. Do we really need <5% droprate bodies from all bosses as well?
    I mean I get they want to make them more rare than scales or the other items, that's fine. But THAT low? Why? Who gains anything from this?

Supposing they actually are as low as TMail droprate. Maybe the droprate is not that bad after all, I dunno.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    "replay value"
    They could easily do that by making scales something good but not 150%. As is your entire group will get enough scales to complete entire sets of every job that can use that scale before you get a single body drop.... all while still waiting on job cards to complete the reforges lol

Interesting note that omen gear or at least the boss accessories aren't tradeable into the AMAN reclaimer. Which is kind of unusual since just about every non crafted item since soa came out that isn't tradable to Runje can be traded to the reclaimer. Damn you SE was hoping to at least make a voucher off each run