BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    I dunno. There would be replay value even with rates higher than <5% drop rate.
    I mean while I didn't agree with it, it kinda made sense with Tartarus Platemail. It was an unique item with an unique look. A Single item. It dropped from the only megaboss. And Vagary badly needed some motivation to keep spamming the content. Tartarus Platemail clearly wasn't enough, but it helped to that purpose.

But here? We have in front of us a content what will take ~3 months to cap cards of a single job. A SINGLE job.
    Then you have to farm Scales, you have pricey mats for useful synths, you have useful drops from bosses. Do we really need <5% droprate bodies from all bosses as well?
    I mean I get they want to make them more rare than scales or the other items, that's fine. But THAT low? Why? Who gains anything from this?I dunno. There would be replay value even with rates higher than <5% drop rate.
    I mean while I didn't agree with it, it kinda made sense with Tartarus Platemail. It was an unique item with an unique look. A Single item. It dropped from the only megaboss. And Vagary badly needed some motivation to keep spamming the content. Tartarus Platemail clearly wasn't enough, but it helped to that purpose.

But here? We have in front of us a content what will take ~3 months to cap cards of a single job. A SINGLE job.
    Then you have to farm Scales, you have pricey mats for useful synths, you have useful drops from bosses. Do we really need <5% droprate bodies from all bosses as well?
    I mean I get they want to make them more rare than scales or the other items, that's fine. But THAT low? Why? Who gains anything from this?

Supposing they actually are as low as TMail droprate. Maybe the droprate is not that bad after all, I dunno.

Supposing they actually are as low as TMail droprate. Maybe the droprate is not that bad after all, I dunno.
    ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????

>enhancing sword+1

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kemi Gumi
    FFXIV Server
    Malboro
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

By the time I'm done reading through all the content updates and guides, more shit comes out that I'm compelled to research. It's amazing how much there is to do now, so much so that it feels daunting as a returning veteran.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    They could easily do that by making scales something good but not 150%. As is your entire group will get enough scales to complete entire sets of every job that can use that scale before you get a single body drop.... all while still waiting on job cards to complete the reforges lol
    Yeah.
    I don't expect Omen to remain like this forever, in a couple of months I'm sure they will adjust something, altough I dunno what.
    Cards conversion rate?
    Allow you to store multiple KIs? Reduce the 20hrs timer? Make so you can get more than 3 cards every run?
    Would be neat if you could convert scales into a few cards for the jobs related to that scale, would give scales a new use because just like you said people are gonna cap out on scales waaaay before we get all the cards we need, and soon it's gonna feel pretty awful to see those double scale drops from those floor5 bosses, quite anticlimatic, it would be like nothing drops at all basically.

With a new additional use for scales instead things would be a bit better I guess.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Maybe once they come out with new content they will drop the cooldown on the KI.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I still think they expect to ride this content for at least half the year if not longer before they come out with some new decent sized content/big adjustments. Seems like they designed this to take up the average person that much time

I dread them just slapping Relic and Empyrean equivalents into it, albeit with new mobs.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I forsee an exchange for scales to cards, something hopefully along the line of 3 cards to 1 scale. People are going to have way too many scales compared to the cards they will have on hand and nothing to do with them. Easiest solution is a card exchange. Pipe dream would be a "pulse cell" style system where x number of scales could be traded for the body of that corresponding boss.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Celebrindor View Post
    I forsee an exchange for scales to cards, something hopefully along the line of 3 cards to 1 scale. People are going to have way too many scales compared to the cards they will have on hand and nothing to do with them. Easiest solution is a card exchange. Pipe dream would be a "pulse cell" style system where x number of scales could be traded for the body of that corresponding boss.
    In light of the most recent dev note this seems unlikely anytime soon. Seems they are planning to allow you to choose to do a route where all floors are for card farming and no bosses.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

In light of the most recent dev note this seems unlikely anytime soon. Seems they are planning to allow you to choose to do a route where all floors are for card farming and no bosses.
    Oh agree, not any time soon, and honestly I hope not. I'm not pleased with the triple nerfing of Thinker so early in this content's existence- it doesn't bode well for long term sustainability. But I do think as players are sitting with 30 scaled in inventory and the same number of cards, something will have to be done.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Oh I meant that they will think this will count as the something to be done and it sort of will help a bit. Wont have excessive scales rotting because you can just do card farming runs. More floors to farm and ability to choose jobs more suited for optional objectives/the jobs you actually want the card on.

Campaign
    BG Level

Yeah but they also said you won't be able to get more cards with this secondary route, which makes... not a lot of sense, does it?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Yeah but they also said you won't be able to get more cards with this secondary route, which makes... not a lot of sense, does it?
    From the sounds of it the total potential gettable cards will stay the same though I can't see them not having secondary objectives on the new non boss floors. But that should still be a rather decent improvement in amount of cards you actually get since you can more gear your setup to farming objectives and/or the job you actually want the cards for vice something good for that boss.

Though this primarily seems geared towards the people not in strong statics able to do full clears everyday who lose out a ton of card farming capability if they get stopped by mid boss which literally cuts their potential card gathering in half

Campaign
    BG Level

I dunno, I hope it's a translation error.
    If I have to do 5 floors of just monsters/objectives and I can still only farm max 3 cards (excluding bonus floors) how will this be any different for me?
    Sure if you wanna solo/lowman, or farm cards on shitty jobs which you can't bring on bosses.
    Okaaay, but it's not gonna be a huge differnce, no?

Would be much cooler if you had to choose between farming path (5-6 cards?) or boss path (max 3 cards)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'm pretty sure they are completely unconcerned the with the rate of card acquisition of people who are getting full clears every run while being able to take jobs they want cards for everyday and are more concerned with the other 90% of the game population that is scraping by with being too discouraged to do them each day, can't do them on the jobs they need to, and/or feeling lucky to get a full card each day. And yes this will make a huge difference for those people. Best case scenario if you can't kill mid boss is 1.5 cards... fully farming is 3. That's yuge. Difference is even bigger for people who have a hard time making the secondary objectives

And sure it would be great if we farm a ton more but don't mistake this for not being pretty huge to a large portion of the game population. The top guys... well it's pretty clear they want this to take awhile

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

From the sounds of it the total potential gettable cards will stay the same though I can't see them not having secondary objectives on the new non boss floors. But that should still be a rather decent improvement in amount of cards you actually get since you can more gear your setup to farming objectives and/or the job you actually want the cards for vice something good for that boss.

Though this primarily seems geared towards the people not in strong statics able to do full clears everyday who lose out a ton of card farming capability if they get stopped by mid boss which literally cuts their potential card gathering in half
    I have to agree with you here, as one in that position this is great for me. But I see many that just don't bother to do Omen because of the Mid boss and they want to use a job they WANT not what others want. IF the card exchange was 1/1 or 2/1 that'd be different but 10/1 makes people have to solo and thus the mid boss is a waste of time for them.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

you do know the fact that cards can be muledmeans they have cards planned as a login point reward so you can whore out your mules. just saying!!!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So to test my theory that body just might be 3rd slot and the few drops so far might be masked by the 2nd slot being something the pt is full up on I decided to keep one character with no items from Fu... got body drop and no 2nd equip/scale. Whelp at least I got the awesome body I wanted

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    you do know the fact that cards can be muledmeans they have cards planned as a login point reward so you can whore out your mules. just saying!!!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
    Mog Bonanza Rank 5 next time one is around. Single card. Calling it now.

Campaign
    BG Level

So the drop rate of bodies is higher than that of vagary and helm in zi'tah?

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

It might be higher, but if you can only fight an omen boss once per day, and can fight escha NMs multiple times per day (limited only by your supply of pops), is it really a better drop rate?