Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Similar to the numbers I was seeing, except with Radiance skillchains (Dimidiation -> Cross Reaper -> Insurgency -> Resolution -> Resolution) rather than Darkness+MBs. I still don't understand the accuracy problem though, I was using my accuracy set on RUN and still had trouble hitting it until we got Torpor.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

No idea about Acc, if RUN with an Acc build and Swordplay can't hit it.

Also, I'll point out that those numbers I just posted were without Frailty. If we'd been using frailty as I assume you were then I would have expected twice as much damage, so if they were matching your numbers then perhaps there was some fundamental stat boost difference between our monsters.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

That's what I was assuming. No other reason for it to suddenly start spamming its wombo combo, especially at the speed that it was doing so. Can't say I saw any debuff aura myself, however it does have an Evasion Boost like normal Cravers get which was Dispelled as it went up as far as I'm aware.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Looking at my log, it appears it was somewhat resistant to dispel. Could it be that your dispeller just gave up?

Edit: I had 1311 Acc

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Possible but I'm not sure, I'll have to look through. My reso average (according to SB) was 12866 and my accuracy was 85.95%. Apparently I even missed an entire Resolution at some point.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    EVen if they just made it so completing a floor gives you a card every time that would be a huge improvement. Honestly though the part that irks me the most is the "have to be on the job you want to upgrade in order to get the tickets" thing. It's ass backwards and is almost guaranteed to exclude people from getting the armor they want.
    Agreed.
    They need to make the exchange rate better, or to add some sort of currency from normal kills that allows you to buy whatever card you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitou View Post
    I'm okay with the 20hr lock out but it sucks when it's this easy to fail a run and no way to try again till the next day.
    Things will get much better in a few weeks.
    But I 101% agree with you in general, which is why I said it would be great if Omen gave you "something" even from normal mobs/normal floors clears, that way even if you fail on boss or miniboss you still walk out with "something" as a consolation prize, no?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'm okay with the 20hr lock out but it sucks when it's this easy to fail a run and no way to try again till the next day. I wouldn't really care about the extra crap being 90 seconds if the boss floors were more realistic for anything but full parties. unless there's some gimmick I don't see how you can kill a mob with that much HP in 10~ min depending on how fast you cleared the previous floors. Even with 20 min it didn't seem possible and even then you might randomly get 1 shot by pain sync for 12k+ damage. People with the luxury of always having 6+ people at there beck and call can have fun figuring this shit out for the next month+. I'm going to give up trying for now.
    6+? But it's only a pt only gunna need 5 besides yourself. Plus plenty of reports of people going all the way with 1-3 trusts. Within like an hour of update I had tribox thru my glassy. Took using a 2hr but also kind of didn't know what I was doing so full cleared previous floors even though I got the up right away and was typing up the stuff I saw as I did it so didn't log so didn't even notice the glassy was greatly lowering my dmg in some way and still haven't really figured out how it was or how to get around it. People already finding gimmicks around various annoyances. For sync I think I read it was thought to be similar to discord and dealing dmg proportional to that done to it in a time period divided out but was lowered by scherzo and think I saw someone locking it into using winds of promy with debuffs

But yes I will agree especially right now when it's new just randomly dying/failing kind of sucks

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    6+? But it's only a pt only gunna need 5 besides yourself. Plus plenty of reports of people going all the way with 1-3 trusts. Within like an hour of update I had tribox thru my glassy. Took using a 2hr but also kind of didn't know what I was doing so full cleared previous floors even though I got the up right away and was typing up the stuff I saw as I did it so didn't log so didn't even notice the glassy was greatly lowering my dmg in some way and still haven't really figured out how it was or how to get around it. People already finding gimmicks around various annoyances. For sync I think I read it was thought to be similar to discord and dealing dmg proportional to that done to it in a time period divided out but was lowered by scherzo and think I saw someone locking it into using winds of promy with debuffs

But yes I will agree especially right now when it's new just randomly dying/failing kind of sucks
    Probably should have said 5+ but what I meant was the ability to easily fill a party with people you know, have access gear etc. With the 20 hr lock out you might end up in situations where even if you know people to do it with they already used their KI for the day as well. Obviously planning ahead solves this but my point is it's not something you can just pick up a group for easily like ambuscade. Everything else is just me venting my frustration at the event.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I wish they explained what the 'Omens' are.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Probably should have said 5+ but what I meant was the ability to easily fill a party with people you know, have access gear etc. With the 20 hr lock out you might end up in situations where even if you know people to do it with they already used their KI for the day as well. Obviously planning ahead solves this but my point is it's not something you can just pick up a group for easily like ambuscade. Everything else is just me venting my frustration at the event.
    Well even then the + isn't needed. It's exactly 5 at most. But yeah this event if you want to do it with a group requires some planning. I kind of find it refreshing there is such a thing for the first time in years. That said half my ls are in other time zones and the leader is usually organizing stuff around midnight my time so getting megabosses might be interesting for me until they really figure things out more

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Toth View Post
    I wish they explained what the 'Omens' are.
    Do they even do anything? Seems like a random message after kills. But why put them in if that's the case

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Anyone know what causes the Craver to rage? He's usually not bad, except for when he's doing Carousel 10x in a row, nonstop.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Well even then the + isn't needed. It's exactly 5 at most. But yeah this event if you want to do it with a group requires some planning. I kind of find it refreshing there is such a thing for the first time in years. That said half my ls are in other time zones and the leader is usually organizing stuff around midnight my time so getting megabosses might be interesting for me until they really figure things out more
    I recall from ToA era that this kind of timegated event that PUGs can't routinely win just doesn't get done unless you have a static. That's a big downside. If it's not a full ally event that an LS will schedule (some events like this need to thrive too), the community is best served when it's challenging enough that statics / groups of skilled players are more successful, yet people without 5 skilled friends to call on every day at 6:00 or who can't make a certain time every day will still bother. The timegate both places the pressure of doing it every day and removes shouts as a possibility for those who want to go more often than their friends. It creates stupid conflict and, unless PUGs can win too fairly often, excludes a significant portion of players from making progress. Without the timegate, you can lose 3/4 times and still make progress so the community stays involved. If an event's exclusive, it should be due to challenge and nothing else - something where you need 6-18 skilled and focused players just to win

Of course, the other variable that matters is the drops need to be worth it

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by steellord View Post
    I recall from ToA era that this kind of timegated event that PUGs can't routinely win just doesn't get done unless you have a static. That's a big downside. If it's not a full ally event that an LS will schedule (some events like this need to thrive too), the community is best served when it's challenging enough that statics / groups of skilled players are more successful, yet people without 5 skilled friends to call on every day at 6:00 or who can't make a certain time every day will still bother. The timegate both places the pressure of doing it every day and removes shouts as a possibility for those who want to go more often than their friends. It creates stupid conflict and, unless PUGs can win too fairly often, excludes a significant portion of players from making progress. Without the timegate, you can lose 3/4 times and still make progress so the community stays involved. If an event's exclusive, it should be due to challenge and nothing else - something where you need 6-18 skilled and focused players just to win

Of course, the other variable that matters is the drops need to be worth it
    Oh I get that... but this is puggable just with a time gate. You can farm job cards completely solo or just randoms but likely wont get as many and will probably be rough on the megaboss. And reports already of people filling in missing slots with trusts doing well on megaboss. The difficulty setting on the mobs isn't high. I'd imagine what people might try to do is pug farm the job cards and then do something more serious for a megaboss run

That said the numbers leave something to be desired. From what I gather you can get a job card for completing the time limited stuff but those can be rather difficult to do given such a short time limit and the number of them especially if you don't have the jobs to really accomplish some of them so even less likely in smaller groups. 1 for killing the mid boss. Then you get 1-2 +3 cards in the pool maybe another job card in personal not sure. Seems like the free KI is pretty rare so looking max 4-5 cards per day likely less as you will fail some of those low time limit ones so a best case scenario 12-15 days of farming to make 1 body to +3... not counting the millions spent on materials and of course making sure to farm the right megaboss. Smaller/less skill/pug groups though could easily be able to only really get the guaranteed one from the mid boss so assuming no fails would be around 2 months to make a single body assuming they can even get a megaboss kill and win lot lol. Note this would be a huge problem even without a time gate. Imagine trying to spam your way thru 60 20-40 minute runs for that 1 body. This content seems designed to last most of next year lol

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I have noticed the timed challenges were exceptionally easy when entering solo on paladin. I had to perform 2 JAs, cast 3 spells, and heal someone 8 times. My trusts also proceed these challenges so I was able to clear them without really trying.

I have a strong feeling that dancer and scholar will be pros at soloing Omen, due to their ability to spam SCs, Magic Bursts, and bevy of JAs to use, and AoE healing power. All those combined result in quite a high ability to complete the challenges easily.

Trust selection is also important. For the non-boss floors you want trusts that will only heal from 50% up, otherwise you will be fighting against them to get the "heal for 500 or more hp" challenge, as they like to heal when people are missing like 300~400 hp.

So I'd probably go with August, Ulmia, Joachim, Koru, and Shantotto II.

Im currently working on my dancer but I feel with a proper PDT/acc hybrid build and top end daggers, dancer could solo omen.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I wish they let you purchase new canteens. I'd pay decent gil to be able to toss at this content.

Also interested in finding out what the Omens mean at the end of kills.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by urat View Post
    I have noticed the timed challenges were exceptionally easy when entering solo on paladin. I had to perform 2 JAs, cast 3 spells, and heal someone 8 times. My trusts also proceed these challenges so I was able to clear them without really trying.
    Yeah the number of iterations scales with number of players. The size you have to do for the ones that have it though doesn't. Soloing could maybe work the main problem I see from it is I think you have to do all of them on a floor and there would be a good chance of some you just wont be able to do. Like the sch doing a 30k ws or heck just a bunch or the dancer doing 15k magic dmg.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So got the weird agro thing again today. Was doing fine then out of nowhere 4 mobs come at me from across the screen while much closer ones ignored me.

Got thinker today. Immediately pwned by pain sync but allowed me to get some good testing on it. Definitely like discord. Does dmg based on what it had received spread out amongst things in range and reduced by mdt. The dmg taken by the various people in range exactly lined up with the differences in mdt. Based on the numbers of got and manually adding stuff up with my setup of 2 autos and 1 trust in range with 3 players and 2 geo trusts the dmg on each one before mdt was pretty much exactly the total dmg it had taken. The small amount it's off could easily be because it murdered my autos as the last ws got off so skillchain never hit the log. If it's not scaling in some that would put way that would put it's total dmg potential at around 3x total dmg probably since last tp move which is pretty crazy. I'm tempted to see if I can get it to capped or for that matter if dmg to players even caps lol. With shell on my trust still took 50k

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Did a run earlier, one of our players got stuck teleporting up and him force disconnecting didn't help at all. He logged into an empty room. Ran into Glassy Thinker, Pain Sync was hitting around 400-2900 depending on how much damage it was taking before it got to use it although people already knew about this. Standing mules in range didn't reduce the damage taken like discoid so that didn't help. Although we tried our best to keep enfeebles on him so maybe we can lock him to spamming winds of promyvion more than usual but it was still random. Migawari did wonders though but I ended up dying once it got tp before miga timer was up again since we were all still trying to recover from weakness. The start up to the tp move takes some time, so you can probably speed hack out of range to avoid it lol. My idea for this next time was to move the RUN to RNG and just shoot it from a range outside of pain sync.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So went and checked a bunch of the af3 improve ingredients since don't see the info anywhere. Didn't check every single one but did check at least 1 full set for each card type and all were same

head- 1 khoma cloth, 1 F leather, 2 cyan orbs
    body - 1 niobium ingot, 1 cypress lumber, 3 cyan orbs
    hands - 3 F leather, 1 cypress log, 1 cyan orb
    legs- 1 Ruthenium ingot, 1 cypress lumber, 2 cyan orb
    feet - 3 azure cermet, 1 khoma thread, 1 cyan orb

Something didn't notice before but some of these are the synthed items and some are just the straight up bought from guild ones. And on the plus side the more annoying ones ie the synths that use multiple 1mil items and don't hq ie ingots and cloth only show up once each and the most common one is the bone craft which likely makes multiples. So these all will end up being 4-5 items from guild with a partial on the orbs or about 4-5.5mil each

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast