Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level

So I'm more okay with Omen looking at a few things:

Scales are transferrable between jobs. So don't need to kill a boss on a certain job.

Omens are 99.9% what gives you cards. So clearing trash is what farms you cards. So basically you want to enter it with one of two goals on hand: Either go to clear the bosses for drops/scales, or clear all the mobs for cards. If I find the right group I might aim to do a full clear of trash and see how many cards I can get up to.

The lockout still sucks ass though. Let me purchase a new KI for gil or something. Get the economy going.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Since cards can be sent to characters on the same account, better start leveling up them mules so you can enter more than once a day!

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    So went and checked a bunch of the af3 improve ingredients since don't see the info anywhere. Didn't check every single one but did check at least 1 full set for each card type and all were same

head- 1 khoma cloth, 1 F leather, 2 cyan orbs
    body - 1 niobium ingot, 1 cypress lumber, 3 cyan orbs
    hands - 3 F leather, 1 cypress log, 1 cyan orb
    legs- 1 Ruthenium ingot, 1 cypress lumber, 2 cyan orb
    feet - 3 azure cermet, 1 khoma thread, 1 cyan orb

Something didn't notice before but some of these are the synthed items and some are just the straight up bought from guild ones. And on the plus side the more annoying ones ie the synths that use multiple 1mil items and don't hq ie ingots and cloth only show up once each and the most common one is the bone craft which likely makes multiples. So these all will end up being 4-5 items from guild with a partial on the orbs or about 4-5.5mil each
    I changed the template so it would display these on the bgwiki page yesterday morning and it still hasn't propagated for some reason. idgi.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Kanriel View Post

Scales are transferrable between jobs. So don't need to kill a boss on a certain job.

Omens are 99.9% what gives you cards. So clearing trash is what farms you cards. So basically you want to enter it with one of two goals on hand: Either go to clear the bosses for drops/scales, or clear all the mobs for cards. If I find the right group I might aim to do a full clear of trash and see how many cards I can get up to.

The lockout still sucks ass though. Let me purchase a new KI for gil or something. Get the economy going.
    How does this drop process work exactly, in terms of omens?

That is to say, what would be an individuals process they /need/ to go through from start to finish of a run to get cards?

Is it literally just "Kill trash and sometimes a card will just drop for you?"

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    I changed the template so it would display these on the bgwiki page yesterday morning and it still hasn't propagated for some reason. idgi.
    Yeah some newer bg wiki pages have been acting weird. Like if you click on the omen page from the shortcut up top it goes to a fairly filled out page. If you click from a link on say an nm or item or if you hit back from clicking on a link on the omen page it goes to something that looks like it was made the same night. Hit refresh and it's back to full page

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Kanriel View Post

Omens are 99.9% what gives you cards. So clearing trash is what farms you cards. .
    Where you seeing this? Because only thing I've seen is a theory omens might be a factor. I certainly hope that isn't 99.9% since I've full cleared 3 regular rooms and only card I got so far was from a miniboss

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

It seems you get one card for every five objectives you clear, and it carries over between Omen runs. This counts the optional objectives, like WS 30 times in 90 seconds, and the objectives to unlock the next area.

For example, if you clear 2 optional objectives and make it to the Thinker, but wipe, that's 4 objectives done (2 optional, 2 floor unlocking). When you next enter Omen, you'll get a card when you complete another objective, and it'll reset.

When going in solo, I have been getting 5-6 total objectives done each run, which is slightly more than a card on average. If you don't have a group that can at least clear the mid-bosses, going in solo is better for card farming.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    It seems you get one card for every five objectives you clear, and it carries over between Omen runs. This counts the optional objectives, like WS 30 times in 90 seconds, and the objectives to unlock the next area.

For example, if you clear 2 optional objectives and make it to the Thinker, but wipe, that's 4 objectives done (2 optional, 2 floor unlocking). When you next enter Omen, you'll get a card when you complete another objective, and it'll reset.

When going in solo, I have been getting 5-6 total objectives done each run, which is slightly more than a card on average. If you don't have a group that can at least clear the mid-bosses, going in solo is better for card farming.
    How does that jive with people getting 3+ cards a run though? 15 objectives? Are there even that many?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The 5 objectives thing seems to be only one of the ways that Omen gives you a card. Killing the mini-boss/boss or stuff in the treasure chest room might give you cards by a different method/counting.

For just objectives, there's still 4 objectives per normal floor, and 1 objective per boss floor, so you could still get 3 cards in a single run via only objectives if you came in with partial progress already.

5 objectives per card fits my experiences perfectly:

On day 1 (solo), I got 5 objectives done (3 optional, 2 floor), and got a card after the fifth objective.
    On day 2 (party), I got 3 objectives done (1 optional, 2 floor), and didn't get a card.
    On day 3 (solo), I got 6 objectives done (4 optional, 2 floor), and got a card after the second objective.

Campaign
    BG Level

If they wanna keep the 20hrs locking, which I'm not so much against in the end, I think they really need to make cards more frequent. Hope they gonna fix this in January already

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    How does that jive with people getting 3+ cards a run though? 15 objectives? Are there even that many?
    Each floor as the clear objective. Then floor 1 and 3 have 3 optional and floor 4 has 5 optional. So in theory you can get 16. But hitting all of those 90 second ones aint easy to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    If they wanna keep the 20hrs locking, which I'm not so much against in the end, I think they really need to make cards more frequent. Hope they gonna fix this in January already
    Yeah same. I think people are getting way too distracted by the lockout and how many "days" it would take. This would be arguably worse without the lockout given the sheer fatigue that would set in spamming it for like 20-30 hours to make 1 body if you aren't able to full runs hitting the vast majority of objectives assuming Fwahm's theory is correct or just going by what people currently seem to be getting.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    EVen if they just made it so completing a floor gives you a card every time that would be a huge improvement. Honestly though the part that irks me the most is the "have to be on the job you want to upgrade in order to get the tickets" thing. It's ass backwards and is almost guaranteed to exclude people from getting the armor they want.
    Update notes mentioned you can trade cards at a 10:1 exchange rate. Unless you are talking about something else when you say tickets.
    Items Required for Reforging
    Job cards and other specialized materials are required for reforging. Job cards may be obtained in Omen.

Exchanging cards
    Job cards may be traded for other job cards by speaking with Coelestrox. Ten cards of one type may be traded for one card of another type.
    * Up to 790 cards of a particular type may be traded at once.

Still means you'd have to complete 50 objectives on one job to get 1 card for another job. Terrible.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Last night, myself and one other group member got a card just for zoning in. o.o
    Not a single mob touched, no one had even moved yet.. Just a loud noise/SE and "Obtained: P BST Card" appeared in my log in personal loot.

The other member who got a card was also in my group the night before. We cleared the first two floors and timed out on the boss on the first run.
    The theories we have so far for why we got cards but others didn't:
    * The "Omens" carried by trash are tracked (but hidden) and accumulating enough gives you a card the next time you zone in.
    * There is some sort of bonus for repeating with the same group members. < I like this one. XD

Given the dev's desire for this content to bring back the old school feeling, it would kinda make sense for the 2nd idea to be true. If we get bonus cards for forming statics, it would encourage actual teamwork and strengthen the social/multiplayer aspect that has sorta fallen out of favor in recent years. Could even be a way to ease the farming pain for smaller servers/linkshells.

Those Omen messages have to mean something though, so it also would make sense if that was an additional "catch up" mechanism to allow lowman groups to still effectively farm cards over time even if they aren't able to defeat the midbosses. >_>

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Yeah some newer bg wiki pages have been acting weird. Like if you click on the omen page from the shortcut up top it goes to a fairly filled out page. If you click from a link on say an nm or item or if you hit back from clicking on a link on the omen page it goes to something that looks like it was made the same night. Hit refresh and it's back to full page
    Ha! I had this happen to me once like the next day after update and was like wtf is this?! Glad to know it isnt just me

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Beat Kyou as NIN + GEO + GEO + SCH + apururu + koru moru. Took 22 minutes which kinda sucked, but we got a Kyou scale and Enmerkar Earring (for my BST).

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Whelp got thinker again. Decided to try equalizer and dia spam. Dia spam didn't really cause it to use winds at all. It just did stygian vapor and shadow spread a few times before the inevitable pain sync. Equalizer did a great job at greatly lowering the dmg it dealt. But then it went awhile without doing any ws and my autos got a bunch of skillchains in and ended up doing over 130k dmg to it between tp moves. So autos still took 20k lol.

Also noticed something odd. I got some what should have been fairly easy objectives like do 3 skillchains, do 3 magic bursts, do 15 ws, do 9 physical ws, cast 9 times and then one harder one of 15k magic dmg. Here's the thing I failed all but the cast one because none of the those actions taken by my pets or trusts counted at all. Did a good 10 skillchains got credit for none nor the ws themselves nor shantotoo bursting. When I was doing the cast one I still almost failed because I was counting my trusts casting too and notice it didn't count

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So how do you trade cards in? I tried and nothing happened. And some guy on the OF claims that instead of being traded in it just turned the 2 in his invent to 12

If you are trying to get the +2 armor, I just traded all the stuff he wanted at the same time and he gave me the option to do the cheap method or the fast method.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Naw just trying to get him to store them

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast