Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level

I dont think they mentioned a storage method. which is liek some thing we would obviously want, so naturally it will take them a year to implement it. One of the first things I thought of.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

oh nvm I'm an idiot. When it said trading in the ridiculous amount of 790 I assumed it was for storage. Well that and there being 20 jobs each with different cards. Then again given the huge grind this is maybe they expect people to overally focus on 1 job at a time

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Dia spam didn't really cause it to use winds at all.
    Yeah saw multiple reports about this. The "keep him debuffed to force Winds" strategy doesn't seem to work.
    I think the "real" strategy is to avoid dealing damage when he's reading Pain Sync, this way the damage it deals should be minimal and, if shared among multiple targets, should be dealable to heal?
    But it's a risky strategy.
    It doesn't take much for a small mistake (given the delay in sever<>client communication) to make Pain Sync so damaging it causes a wipe.

I said Scherzo works on Pain Sync since we received around ~8k damage with 8 targets in range (and no Scherzo) and ~2k damage with 7 targets in range and Scherzo.
    But now I wonder if the difference in damage was because of Scherzo or because we simply dealt less damage while he was reading Pain Sync.
    Because if this is how things are, then it means Scherzo doesn't work at all.

Migawari DOES work on Pain Sync though, so it stands within reason that Scherzo and EA should work as well, in theory at least?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'll need more testing but I'm not sure more targets help. I'm thinking it's just dealing a set amount to everyone in range equal to about how much it's taken since last move.

I assume by reading you mean readying but I'm fairly certain it's not just dmg taken while readying. You will see significant increases in dmg if it's been awhile since it has used a move and still see high dmgs even if no spike dmgs during readying. If it was just readying it would be super easy to keep dmg down during that small period. Plus when I went back and added stuff up the dmg when you factor out mdt was almost exactly the total dmg it had taken between moves the little difference being explain by skillchain not hitting the log.

mdt works. equalizer which is semi similar for autos as scherzo/ea works (though it seemed like not full potency maybe... idk testing is old so numbers might be off or it might just not calculate ridiculously high amounts correctly) so no reason why it wouldn't. Really sounds like a nin or maybe pup fight or I think I saw one group that would basically ws after the move then turn around and wait for it to do another while keeping scherzo up.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

When fighting it solo on DRK, the damage Pain Sync did was almost always roughly around the amount of damage I did while he was readying it (plus a tiny bit for trusts). If it was damage done between moves, I'd have been taking 30k+ every time he used it, while it was actually ranging from a couple hundred to ~2k (on the time I got a melee round off right when he readied it).

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Meant to add yesterday that we got the treasure room before floor 4. Our objective was to open 3 treasure chests. We got 3 chests with < 2000 gil in them.

Fuckin' awesome.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    When fighting it solo on DRK, the damage Pain Sync did was almost always roughly around the amount of damage I did while he was readying it (plus a tiny bit for trusts). If it was damage done between moves, I'd have been taking 30k+ every time he used it, while it was actually ranging from a couple hundred to ~2k (on the time I got a melee round off right when he readied it).
    Maybe it's different with less people? Here's what I have. First run the lowest mdt thing hit was my trust with Shell V and it took 50k when I had only done around 15k-20k while it was readying but if you count the expected skillchain dmg in the log I would've dealt around 70k since fight started. Though they did do maintenance shortly thereafter so maybe they fixed it idk.

Then 2nd fight had it use it twice in a row both times my autos did a full skillchain while readying but the 2nd one my autos got off 3 inbetween moves. First one did 3-4k the 2nd one did 18-20k to my 50-60% mdt autos. I guess this could be explained by lag or something so it only looked like I got the skillchain in on the first one? Would also mean equalizer didn't do anything at all which is weird

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I'll need more testing but I'm not sure more targets help. I'm thinking it's just dealing a set amount to everyone in range equal to about how much it's taken since last move.

I assume by reading you mean readying but I'm fairly certain it's not just dmg taken while readying. You will see significant increases in dmg if it's been awhile since it has used a move and still see high dmgs even if no spike dmgs during readying. If it was just readying it would be super easy to keep dmg down during that small period. Plus when I went back and added stuff up the dmg when you factor out mdt was almost exactly the total dmg it had taken between moves the little difference being explain by skillchain not hitting the log.

mdt works. equalizer which is semi similar for autos as scherzo/ea works (though it seemed like not full potency maybe... idk testing is old so numbers might be off or it might just not calculate ridiculously high amounts correctly) so no reason why it wouldn't. Really sounds like a nin or maybe pup fight or I think I saw one group that would basically ws after the move then turn around and wait for it to do another while keeping scherzo up.
    Their strategy was to only put a little damage on it after it used a weaponskill. They were taking like 7 damage from Pain Sync. So I am somewhat on board the "damage done while readying" train of thought. It does make it a difficult fight because even doing just a little bit of damage to it will end up killing you.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So still getting the weird aggro sometimes but better planned for it worked out better. Managed to get 3 cards this time yay.

So some things I observed. Killing non objective mobs seemed to help seeing as I got more cards in this run than my previous 2 real ones despite completing slightly less objectives. Also got a card on the first floor killed a bunch of stuff then when I completed the objective for 2nd floor got another card. Something interesting though I noticed. I stopped getting omens after completing the up objective and in the process getting a card. Theory is completing objectives and getting omens both count towards getting a card but you might be limited to 1 per floor. So if you got one it might stop you from getting more omens but you will still get credit for objectives so that if you get enough you will get the card upon entry some people have reported. Assuming this pans out means even people/groups not able to really do the time limit well can still farm decently and you can to an extent choose between farming more cards and leaving more time for a boss run if needed

Got Glassy Craver which was a complete push over. Only problems I had with it was I read the view sync was 20' so thought I was safe at 23 turns out I wasn't probably difference between mob positioning or something luckily survived. Also it was taking awhile due to hp and assumed material fend would make it hard to hit (it didn't) and didn't figure I'd get to make a real attempt on boss so I used Overdrive. Got it done faster but was unnecessary. Slow but steady dmg. Barely hurt my autos in a mixed dt/acc set and they had no trouble hitting with acc/att food and no other att buffs even after material fend. Got another card in personal and Sherida earring in pool. One odd thing was Armor shatterer (one of the weaker ranged ws but def down and great skillchain opener) was doing more dmg then bonecrusher the best melee ws. OD bonecrusher where can be certain pdif was capped especially when dia and beast roll didn't up dmg did around expected while armor shatterer still did a bit more which is like 2-3 times what it would normally do. So say it had a decent bonus to piercing or ranged or something.

Had never gone up after floor 3 so accidentally choose random boss... didn't matter because went to the boss room filled with about a dozen chest with objective to open 1. Got Iskur Gorget. Portal let me rechoose boss which took me to floor and gave me another 10 minutes on top of the normal 10 I got for going up on floor 3. So free item an extra 10 min yay.

Floor 4 completed 1 time limit and the floor objective... again hadn't occurred to me I could make a real boss attempt so went thru killing whole floor no card but didn't really expect it since didn't have much or any carry over. This time after doing the floor complete still kept getting omens which is what leads me to believe the reason I stopped the on floor 2 was because got my card.

Got to Gin with about 21 min left. Overdrive wouldn't be back up till about 1:30 left. But was just wanting to see what I could do anyways not thinking could do much. Slowly but steadily beat it down with 2 pups and a cor. Again didn't bother with acc buffs got my trusts positioned where they wouldn't eat the agas while still engaged... not that they did much but yay keeping dia III on it without having to pay attention to that. Was doing pretty good other than when it would cast break and maintenance was down. Acc was no issue and autos were in zero danger even after removing some dt gear. Got it to 75% and got hit with Zero hour. That kind of hurt. Took awhile to keep dealing dmg again but got it almost to 50% and got out of a range which worked. Drew my guys in after because of hate reset but autos took hate back right away and players got hit by nothing. Kept getting it down but as it went on it seemed to absorb more and more dmg which really slowed me down to a halt. Ended up getting it to 32% before time so think might be able to actually do it next time actually going for it especially if I can save 2hr and make sure not to skillchain. Curiously again ranged auto was doing more where it would usually do less though by not quite as big an extreme this time.

Also should note pet moves still didn't count for anything. Deploy would get ja proc but auto using provoke wouldn't skillchains made by them and ws wouldn't as well as mb by my trusts off those. Was hard to see but looks like maybe my own MB off those skillchains didn't work either

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

So here's something: I was able to do a volt strike on the vol1 boss about ten seconds after engagement. Imps were still up and untouched, this was the very start of the fight...

It took off about an eighth of the boss's HP. I feel like six summoners all could pop Apogee and double Volt Strike at the very start of the fight before the boss throws up its invincible, and theoretically one shot it before the fight starts.

I really want to test this with more summoners and see how it pans out.

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    Their strategy was to only put a little damage on it after it used a weaponskill. They were taking like 7 damage from Pain Sync. So I am somewhat on board the "damage done while readying" train of thought. It does make it a difficult fight because even doing just a little bit of damage to it will end up killing you.
    Confirming that this is indeed how it actually works. This mechanic is really annoying because below 50% Glassy Thinker gets a high TP regain trait. Below 25% it's even worse. Your DPS slows to a crawl and you can time out if you have a low person set up (or make one mistake and wipe your group.)

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

The card dupe glitch is real by the way. Please don't try to do it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    The card dupe glitch is real by the way. Please don't try to do it.
    I tried didn't work for me oh well.

Anyone figured out the weird aggro yet? Kind of tired of runs randomly being cut short because of it. Seriously today 5 mobs just decided to run over and mob me from over 20 away... and the best part is I'd been in that spot for awhile and they had been closer but no aggro.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

It could just be like WoE where mobs randomly decide to aggro...just without warning.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I tried didn't work for me oh well.

Anyone figured out the weird aggro yet? Kind of tired of runs randomly being cut short because of it. Seriously today 5 mobs just decided to run over and mob me from over 20 away... and the best part is I'd been in that spot for awhile and they had been closer but no aggro.
    I've yet to run into it so far. Might be a glitch with pets? or maybe just puppets since you're usually on pup right? Has anyone else run into the weird aggro yet?

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I've never had weird aggro issues.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Haven't seen that either.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I am having aggro issues but unsure if bug or if I am bad

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I had thought it was just me getting too close, but apparently not by you guys saying the same thing. Happened twice to me so far.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Hitou View Post
    I've yet to run into it so far. Might be a glitch with pets? or maybe just puppets since you're usually on pup right? Has anyone else run into the weird aggro yet?
    Could be. I mean the autos are already glitched as far as not counting for any objectives. I also don't get it every run but when it does oh man it's usually a pile of them all at once. It's especially annoying since given the severe time limit it's not like I can pull every mob as far away as I can each time to ensure I'd be out of even super enhanced aggro range.

Also fuck thinker. Tried pulling dmg when it would do pain sync but it spams it so damn much at lower hps invariably one hits you hard while at the same time you destroy your dps. My new strat for it is just to warp out

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast