Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    The card dupe glitch is real by the way. Please don't try to do it.
    I'm not sure i want to know how that works since dupers will be easy spotted, this is how ppl been getting 10 cards per run?

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by paciokino View Post
    I'm not sure i want to know how that works since dupers will be easy spotted, this is how ppl been getting 10 cards per run?
    Maybe, it isn't done inside of the run though. It's extremely easy to replicate and doesn't even have to be done intentionally, however it only seems to work with RUN cards. Needless to say this is a duplication glitch which SE usually takes extremely seriously, so it isn't something you want to fuck with and if anyone is actually using this to get ahead of the curve they're asking to get fucked by the banhammer.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by paciokino View Post
    Wait who has been getting 10 a run? Best I heard was 4 maybe 5 and the first af upgrades I saw were like day 3

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

If someone does dupe shit and get AF+3 early, please report what the final upgrade (assumed augment) is.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    If someone does dupe shit and get AF+3 early, please report what the final upgrade (assumed augment) is.
    Priorities.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It's times like this I find myself wondering... is this going to be like salvage 1 dupes where I shouldn't even associate with dupers for fear of getting hammered or is it like salvage 2 dupes where I can probably get enough cards for full af+3 upgrades on all jobs and then just get a 3 day vacation.

On another note some people are playing with the idea of farming cards on mules and dboxing them... a bit too hardcore for me given the requirements lol at that though

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Also fuck thinker. Tried pulling dmg when it would do pain sync but it spams it so damn much at lower hps invariably one hits you hard while at the same time you destroy your dps. My new strat for it is just to warp out
    Not sure what setup you're rolling with. I don't recommend trying to turn when you see the move. It's not reliable, too easy to make a mistake. We were able to win abusing Migawari. It does spam TP moves when it gets low but you can just turn around and wait until Migawari is back up before continuing. I think a ranged or mage setup would also work. When it gets low it's TP moves are very rhythmic and you can anticipate when they will go off. So you can wait until you see a safe TP move before shooting once or twice, and then wait again. For a mage set up you probably want to try and burst when a TP move goes off (no weapon to minimize skillchain damage) and then have the nukers decide whether they should burst depending on the TP move used. Debuffs help too as it does favor the self healing move (although it is no guarantee.)

I am in agreement though that the mob is stupid. Its HP should be greatly reduced, so much time is spent dealing with this one mechanic.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I updated bgwiki with the objectives I've seen again:
    Code:
    The following objectives have been observed, with X being party size:

1) Vanquish X foes.
    2) Use 2×X abilities on your foes.
    3) Cast 3×X spells on your foes.
    4) Execute X skillchain(s) on your foes!
    5) Perform 3×X magic bursts on your foes.
    6) Deal 3×X critical hits to your foes.
    7) Use 3×X elemental weapon skills on your foes.
    8) Use 3×X physical weapon skills on your foes.
    9) Use 5×X weapon skills on your foes.
    10) Reduce your foe's HP by at least 2,000 damage in a single auto-attack.*
    11) Reduce your foe's HP by at least 30,000 using a single weapon skill.*
    12) Reduce your foe's HP by at least 15,000 using a using a single magic attack without performing a magic burst.*
    13) Restore at least 500 HP 10 times.
    * Foe must have at least this much HP remaining for this trial to be counted.

Area of effect attacks only count once regardless how many targets they have.
    On DNC/NIN solo, I could comfortably do 1, 2, 3 (Ni spells), 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, 11, and probably 10 (Twashtar with AM3). However, I'd only get access to 6 objectives vs. the 13 I'd see if I went with a full party.

I also added the unreported bodies to the Caturae with matching jobs on their AF upgrade material, but that's hardly set in stone given that they have one Accessory relevant to their AF upgrade jobs and one irrelevant accessory.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    Not sure what setup you're rolling with. I don't recommend trying to turn when you see the move. It's not reliable, too easy to make a mistake. We were able to win abusing Migawari. It does spam TP moves when it gets low but you can just turn around and wait until Migawari is back up before continuing. I think a ranged or mage setup would also work. When it gets low it's TP moves are very rhythmic and you can anticipate when they will go off. So you can wait until you see a safe TP move before shooting once or twice, and then wait again. For a mage set up you probably want to try and burst when a TP move goes off (no weapon to minimize skillchain damage) and then have the nukers decide whether they should burst depending on the TP move used. Debuffs help too as it does favor the self healing move (although it is no guarantee.)

I am in agreement though that the mob is stupid. Its HP should be greatly reduced, so much time is spent dealing with this one mechanic.
    I'm triboxing mostly so using a nin to coordinate migawari abuse isn't really the most feasible for me and don't really have the time to turn every time a move is about to happen

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I'm triboxing mostly so using a nin to coordinate migawari abuse isn't really the most feasible for me and don't really have the time to turn every time a move is about to happen
    We had GEO GEO NIN BLU COR SCH. The BLU wasn't being multiboxed and would come in for 'drive by weaponskills' but otherwise everybody else just stood out of range (our COR didn't have a ranged set either.) So a well geared ninja with decent buffs can kill it solo, you don't need to coordinate anything with them. Having COR buffs is nice but probably not necessary as in our last run we had a partial wipe and had to wait for weakness. Helix ticked while it was readying Pain Sync and while I was waiting for Migawari recast (don't use Helix on this guy!), but we still were able to finish and not time out. I'm not saying this is the best method either. I feel like there are probably much better methods, just stating that it's not impossible and you'll need to figure out what is best for your group. I think EA + Scherzo would work nicely too, if that's an option.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

...drive by fuck up the skillchains
    The death by helix was really funny as it took us about 2 minutes of "what the fuck just happened" to figure it out.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

We had GEO GEO NIN BLU COR SCH. The BLU wasn't being multiboxed and would come in for 'drive by weaponskills' but otherwise everybody else just stood out of range (our COR didn't have a ranged set either.) So a well geared ninja with decent buffs can kill it solo, you don't need to coordinate anything with them. Having COR buffs is nice but probably not necessary as in our last run we had a partial wipe and had to wait for weakness. Helix ticked while it was readying Pain Sync and while I was waiting for Migawari recast (don't use Helix on this guy!), but we still were able to finish and not time out. I'm not saying this is the best method either. I feel like there are probably much better methods, just stating that it's not impossible and you'll need to figure out what is best for your group. I think EA + Scherzo would work nicely too, if that's an option.
    Well again triboxing lol. Trying to do support jobs while doing tanking that requires me to time ws is a recipe for failure. Plus my nin is a tad outdated and my mules geos are pretty bad but have decent whm and brd on them. Really though the problem is not group just triboxing which makes this kind of fight extremely difficult

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Well again triboxing lol. Trying to do support jobs while doing tanking that requires me to time ws is a recipe for failure. Plus my nin is a tad outdated and my mules geos are pretty bad but have decent whm and brd on them. Really though the problem is not group just triboxing which makes this kind of fight extremely difficult
    I am not timing any weaponskills on ninja, just turning around completely when Migawari isn't up and my timer is down. Also I have yet to see testing on possibly one of the most feasible solutions, which is to simply try stunning it.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

: ' ( RIP

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I am not timing any weaponskills on ninja, just turning around completely when Migawari isn't up and my timer is down. Also I have yet to see testing on possibly one of the most feasible solutions, which is to simply try stunning it.
    You think a mediocre geared ninja triboxing 2 non geo mediocre geared support jobs could get away with that and get to it and kill something with that much hp in time doing that? And would that be better than just hoping I don't get it and farming more and possibly winning the boss on a better geared/easier to multibox job combination?

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post

: ' ( RIP
    Wha?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

maybe I am tripping but I feel like I have been able to send relic +1 and -1 between account characters. but now it isnt letting me do that. did something get ninja'd or am I tripping remembering being able to send those when I got them on mules gobbie boxes? Ive gotten about 3 peices 2 +1 and 1 -1 since the update and cant send them to my main.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpy View Post
    maybe I am tripping but I feel like I have been able to send relic +1 and -1 between account characters. but now it isnt letting me do that. did something get ninja'd or am I tripping remembering being able to send those when I got them on mules gobbie boxes? Ive gotten about 3 peices 2 +1 and 1 -1 since the update and cant send them to my main.
    Tripping out.

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

You think a mediocre geared ninja triboxing 2 non geo mediocre geared support jobs could get away with that and get to it and kill something with that much hp in time doing that? And would that be better than just hoping I don't get it and farming more and possibly winning the boss on a better geared/easier to multibox job combination?
    That's for you to decide, although if there is some way you can clear it with your usual set up then I think it's better than quitting.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

So got to Glassy Craver tonight on BST solo and promptly decided that SE doesn't want soloers clearing F3.

Unleash + dia 3 + blahblah brought it to 85% only. Carousel took care of trusts even if I was blinking it np and tiger was fine.

I don't know if there are any F3 bosses I could do solo on BST. They have so much HP.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast