BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pet DT gear and Luopans     submit to reddit submit to twitter

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Pet DT gear and Luopans

Did some testing with Pet: DT- gear and Luopans. It seems that "Pet:" stats (or at least DT-) will only affect the Luopan if its an augment.

Neither Isa Belt (Pet: DT-3%) or Artsieq Cuffs (Pet: DT-4%) affected how much damage the Luopan took from 1k Needles, but Selenain Cap (Pet: DT-10% Aug) and Lifestream Cape (Pet: DT-4% Aug) did.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Has anyone tested to see if Isa's regen is functioning?

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

With Mounted Champion Atma, Selenian Cap, and NQ Bagua Sandals, the Luopan had 23 HP/tic regen, but it still lost HP.
    With Mounted Champion and Atma of the Hero the Luopan had 25 HP/tic regen, and it gained HP. So, the Luopan should have 24 HP/tic DoT.
    With Mounted Champion, Cap, Sandals, and Isa Belt the Luopan should have had 24 HP/tic regen, but it still lost HP.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

That test isn't technically conclusive because we don't know for sure that Selenian Cap affects Luopans either. You'd have to HQ your Bagua Sandals and repeat the test.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

With Mounted Champion and Sandals +1, the Luopan had 23HP/tic regen and lost HP.
    With Mounted Champion, Sandals +1, and Selenian Cap, the Luopan had 24HP/tic regen and did not gain or lose HP.
    With Mounted Champion, Sandals +1, and Isa Belt, the Luopan lost HP.

Selenian Cap regen does work, Isa Belt regen does not.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Nice, and 24 HP/tick at 99... I bet it is level/4.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Nice, and 24 HP/tick at 99... I bet it is level/4.
    It seems at some point Luopan's base HP changed as when I tested it a long time ago, they had 142X HP and drained 20hp/tic. Mounted Champion alone was enough to sustain a luopan forever. Now, it appears they have more HP and I assume from previous tests that its HP drain per tic is a calculation based on its HP such that the duration is always 70 tics.

Here is my old information on Luopan HP that I don't think I ever bothered to post anywhere:
    Spoiler: show

Normal = 1402 luopan explosion
    HP+100% atmas = 2803 luopan explosion

Blaze of Glory Luopan with HP stabalized with Mounted Champion, 713 explosion
    Regular Luopan with HP stabalized with Mounted Champion, 1402 explosion

Luopan with Mounted Champion, 23 HP Life Cycle
    Luopan with Mounted Champion and Stronghold, 23 HP Life Cycle
    Luopan with Mounted Champion and Stronghold w/ Lasting Emination, 17 HP Life Cycle
    Luopan with Mounted Champion and Stronghold w/ Lasting Emination, 1408 explosion
    Luopan with Mounted Champion and Stronghold w/ Ecliptic Attrition, 28 HP Life Cycle
    Luopan with Mounted Champion and Stronghold w/ Ecliptic Attrition, 1397 explosion

My tests suggest that a Luopan has 1425hp at Lv99. For some reason, Luopan starts with and maxes out at 3 less HP than its initial expected DoT tick. I have summoned Luopans at full HP or half HP with mounted champion and allowed them to sit for over a minute while checking pethpp to find that the HP neither increases nor decreases which suggests that the DoT effect is being perfectly canceled (i.e. is 20hp/tic). I have also done life cycle 2 times in a row with a revitalizer for 23hp meaning that the initial decrease in HP does not correct itself. The Blaze of Glory Luopan test resulted in a 713 explosion which is about half of 1425, but off by 1 likely due to rounding or the steps taken to decide its HP in the code.

The above changes in life cycle or concentric pulse damage confirm the suspected DoT rates.
    Normal Luopan = 20hp/tic
    Lasting Emination = 14hp/tic (6hp difference in life cycle and concentric pulse when used)
    Ecliptic Attrition = 25hp/tic (5hp difference in concentric pulse when used)

My tests suggest that Luopan decay rate is decided at the time of summon. With HP+100%, I noticed that the luopan lasted the normal amount of time rather than double which one might initially expect.

Theory:
    Normal DoT = MaxHP / 70
    Lasting Emination = MaxHP / 100
    Ecliptic Attrition = MaxHP / 57

I found that DoT does not react to changes in HP once the Luopan is out. If I summon a Luopan with only Mounted Champion active, then add Sanguine Scythe (HP+20%), its HP remains the same when checked with pethpp. I used this to further confirm Luopan's HP. Luopan summoned with only Mounted Champion active should start at 1402 / 1425 hp. With Sanguine Scythe added, the max HP should become 1425 x 1.2 = 1710. Life Cycle used after Sanguine Scythe should restore 308 hp which is what happened.

Conclusion:
    As far as I can tell, Luopans explode for exactly their HP in damage. However, for some reason, the initial HP when summoned does not match the first DoT tic exactly. A standard Lv99 Luopan has 1425hp.