FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

“UQ Holder! ~Mahou Sensei Negima! 2~" TV anime key visual; airs October

-Staff-

Director: Youhei Suzuki
    Series Composition: Ken Akamatsu, Shogo Yasukawa
    Character Designer: Masahiro Fujii
    Animation Production: J.C.STAFF
    Disappointing, I was hoping for a Soma Season 3 announcement. We'll see if this one will be any good, as Negima!(Xebec) and Negima!?(Shaft) are considered by the fans and Manga author very bad adaptation of source materials. I still remember the angry blog from Manga Author to Studio Shaft(he Doesn't want them to touch any Manga series he ever does from now on).

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Ravenholdt

Blue Exorcist was great today. Finally awesome to see that scene animated out.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

For a show that has been consistently good and enjoyable throughout its run, 3-Gatsu no Lion's ending was incredibly lackluster. Especially with how good last week's episode was. Today's finale episode didn't have any of the 3 sisters, anything of his adoptive sister/family, anything involving his actual family, nothing. Really kind of disappointing.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Ker View Post
    Disappointing, I was hoping for a Soma Season 3 announcement. We'll see if this one will be any good, as Negima!(Xebec) and Negima!?(Shaft) are considered by the fans and Manga author very bad adaptation of source materials. I still remember the angry blog from Manga Author to Studio Shaft(he Doesn't want them to touch any Manga series he ever does from now on).
    But but... UQ Holder! is awesome... especially if it will be uncensored... O_o

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
    But but... UQ Holder! is awesome... especially if it will be uncensored... O_o
    The main issue is how the story is framed for the anime and then we can worry about the fanservice lol.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Drai Draken
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Ker View Post
    The main issue is how the story is framed for the anime and then we can worry about the fanservice lol.
    Did they say which part of the story they'll be covering? and whether or not we'll get a proper goddamned ending to the series? lol

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Major homage/easter egg in Little Witch Academia today

Dunno who they all belong to, but it looks like Scarlet Witch is 3rd from the left and Rita Repulsa is 4th from the right. The others all look vaguely familiar

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Kakegurui TV anime PV(Summer Season).

This series is influenced by Akagi and Kaiji.

Series has some great reactions
    Spoiler: show

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Suddenly thinking of death note seeing those facial reactions.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Last weeks episode was easily better then this weeks (and by far the best throughout the entire series), but today's finale to Shouwa Rakugo was still a really beautiful and fitting finale. I would not hesitate to call this series a masterpiece, it was that good. The characters, the themes, the art. A story about storytellers without cheap gimmicks or cliches or tropes or any of that usual bullshit you find in the majority of crap anime that's created nowadays. Shouwa Rakugo is easily in a league of it's own.

If you're reading this and haven't watched the show, do yourself a favour and go watch it now, beginning to end.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    Last weeks episode was easily better then this weeks (and by far the best throughout the entire series), but today's finale to Shouwa Rakugo was still a really beautiful and fitting finale. I would not hesitate to call this series a masterpiece, it was that good. The characters, the themes, the art. A story about storytellers without cheap gimmicks or cliches or tropes or any of that usual bullshit you find in the majority of crap anime that's created nowadays. Shouwa Rakugo is easily in a league of it's own.

If you're reading this and haven't watched the show, do yourself a favour and go watch it now, beginning to end.
    I agree that last episode was better, but this is probably one of the most satisfying endings to a show I remember. The performance at the end was actually great.

Gonna miss this show.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I totally agree. All the snippets of storytelling from different rakugo during the credits was a fantastic touch. Incredibly satisfying finish that gives you everything you want in an ending and doesn't leave you wanting more (in a good way).

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So finally catching up with Nanbaka and it's turned out completely different than I expected. Haven't seen much talk of it since it started in fall season but has been pretty not bad. Kind of like a slice of life comedy mixed with fighting anime in a prison setting. Biggest gripe is those 2 genres leave it fighting between progressing the story/action and the typical nothing happening exploring all characters of slice of life.

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    So finally catching up with Nanbaka and it's turned out completely different than I expected. Haven't seen much talk of it since it started in fall season but has been pretty not bad. Kind of like a slice of life comedy mixed with fighting anime in a prison setting. Biggest gripe is those 2 genres leave it fighting between progressing the story/action and the typical nothing happening exploring all characters of slice of life.
    I feel the same way, it's a funny show but it doesn't really push either side far enough (considering it's pretty good at comedy I would have preferred that) but it's pretty interesting. The character design is part awesome and part awful and that's the same character. Interesting concept, but a little wasted.

On that note, Acca-13 has been decent. The story doesn't really become clear until about half way (and if it finishes today I'm not sure how I'd feel about it without a season 2) but the style is lovely, the characters are nice and play off each other well and the world/setting is vastly different than most things you see. The political stuff isn't overly interesting but it isn't that deep either and I feel like the main aspect of the show is exploring the 13 districts and seeing very different life is from one country to another. It's all pulled together in a good way, hope it finishes off strong.

My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Febri magazine interview with Rakugo creator & mangaka Haruko Kumota

Had no idea her previous works were BL heh..

Graduate of the BG School of FFXI
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Scums Wish finale managed to tie everything together nicely and ended up as my favorite show this season.

My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    I feel the same way, it's a funny show but it doesn't really push either side far enough (considering it's pretty good at comedy I would have preferred that) but it's pretty interesting. The character design is part awesome and part awful and that's the same character. Interesting concept, but a little wasted.
    I haven't watched the last couple episodes but up to that point the "serious" arc was pretty good. From what I'm hearing I'm guessing it didn't finish as good. Guess I'll find out this weekend.

On that note, Acca-13 has been decent. The story doesn't really become clear until about half way (and if it finishes today I'm not sure how I'd feel about it without a season 2) but the style is lovely, the characters are nice and play off each other well and the world/setting is vastly different than most things you see. The political stuff isn't overly interesting but it isn't that deep either and I feel like the main aspect of the show is exploring the 13 districts and seeing very different life is from one country to another. It's all pulled together in a good way, hope it finishes off strong.
    I'd say the ending was well done, fitting I suppose given the way things were unfolding. Tho I disagree that the politics was a background thing. Each district had its own deliberately unique society and economic focus despite having a unified government, and it was that dynamic (along with individual officials seeking greater power or autonomy) that was threatening to tear the districts apart. It was IMO the most appealing part of the series, and in a way was kind of reflecting on the way the United States is set up.

Yeah the ending of Acca was good and definitely tied up the series nicely. And I'm not saying that Politics isn't the main focus (cuz it was) just that I found the districts more interesting than the political side of things until about half way where it starts to kick in proper. It's a simple story essentially that they pull off fantastically with style and cool characters. Perhaps a bit of a slow starter but I was instantly drawn into the settings and characters.

Would definitely recommend for someone looking for something different when it comes to drama.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

A bit late but I was waiting for it to end so I can binge it when free time is available, I'm 2/3 eps away from finishing Konosuba completely.

Why is Aqua so lovable, I don't know. Not felt like this for a long time. A combination of her design/clothes , her ditzy-ness, her outgoing/cheerful personality, her hair, combines it all into a very neat package.

Might be wish fulfillment on my part but I half think someone like this in my life would make it hilarious combined with my default "don't give a shit"/"rarely serious" personality haha.

#TeamAqua for sure.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Screw you! #Teamexplosion