Graduate of the BG School of FFXI
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

So Choas;Child got even dumber then head did at the end.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbeansman View Post
    Scums Wish finale managed to tie everything together nicely and ended up as my favorite show this season.
    I didn't watch a lot this season but I've been on a romance anime binge and watched this. (Though it's more a drama than romance...)
    I loved it, but (maybe I shouldn't admit this lol) I have been all of those people in the show at one point so I was able to understand and appreciate it a lot as a story of people figuring out their feelings and who they really are/want to be.
    Disappointingly, most of the reviews I see for the show by people who have watched it say things like "over the top", "unbelievable" and "gratuitous". For me, the show was extremely realistic. Those kinds of things absolutely do happen. I'm not saying that someone who can't relate to the show's characters will necessarily fail to understand it, but that seems to be the case for many viewers. Well, maybe it's better if they don't get it...lol

The ending wasn't 100% how I wanted it to turn out, but it was what was best for the story and characters so I was satisfied nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbeansman View Post
    So Choas;Child got even dumber then head did at the end.
    Yeah, I'm just gonna call the show a train wreck. Too often it felt like we went from one episode to another with some sort of key information missing. And then it tries to be smarter than it is, which plays on the old trope of that only working if the author(s) are actually smart. Plus, while they tried to explain each psychic had their own specific power, they never did actually explain why they had (sometimes invisible) weapons, too.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Re: scum's wish

Self contained? No season 2? Wraps up? Sounds a little bit intriguing.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Yeah, I'm just gonna call the show a train wreck. Too often it felt like we went from one episode to another with some sort of key information missing. And then it tries to be smarter than it is, which plays on the old trope of that only working if the author(s) are actually smart. Plus, while they tried to explain each psychic had their own specific power, they never did actually explain why they had (sometimes invisible) weapons, too.
    I'd go so far as to say sometimes it feels like they jumped between episodes. A couple of times I went back to the end of the last episode thinking I missed something. As far as the Di-Swords go it's been a long ass time but I think they explained it more back in Chaos;Head (where iirc just about everyone had them when they got agitated) however they did actually go into it a bit early on.

When they went down to the lab and reading up on the human experimentations there was a brief part where it talks about how while they were somewhat successful in whatever their experiments were doing the Di-Sword only manifested in .01% of patients so was considered a failure. Then when they were explaining powers they showed various swords and talked about how they use a terminal to interact with the Dirac sea to use the negative energy there to real boot stuff.

They are always invisible to normal people as noted a few times and I'm guessing they whole sometimes clear sometimes colorized is more of stylistic thing. Like going back and forth between what the gigalomaniacs see and the clear. At first it seemed based on who was around (ie normies around it was clear) but then they got super inconsistent with it so idk.

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    Disappointingly, most of the reviews I see for the show by people who have watched it say things like "over the top", "unbelievable" and "gratuitous". For me, the show was extremely realistic. Those kinds of things absolutely do happen. I'm not saying that someone who can't relate to the show's characters will necessarily fail to understand it, but that seems to be the case for many viewers. Well, maybe it's better if they don't get it...lol

The ending wasn't 100% how I wanted it to turn out, but it was what was best for the story and characters so I was satisfied nonetheless.
    That's weird because those parts were the most interesting (and yes, people are that fucked up and perhaps most saying that don't know what love/relationships can do to you). It's a shame the show ended so tamely because it was shaping up to be amazing, but just kinda fizzled out the last couple episodes. I can appreciate the way things ended up because that's how it should have happened but everyone just was super chill about everything it was kinda annoying.

Still, way better than most romance stuff.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    Re: scum's wish

Self contained? No season 2? Wraps up? Sounds a little bit intriguing.
    Yes, yes, yes. The story and animation are great, give it a watch. Doesn't take very long to get through the series - I blew through it in 2 sittings.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Gooooood. I noticed the manga finished last week too, so assuming I can find a full collection on a site, i'll probably take a stab at that. Thankies~!

Graduate of the BG School of FFXI
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I do wonder if Choas;Child had the same issue head did and that it was just a shitty adaptation.

As for Scums Wish I remember telling a friend that it reminds me of something that would accrue massive accolades if it was a film running the festival circuit. It was one of those shows that depicted sex with some of that taste that anime always seems to struggle with.