1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 8 hours, 58 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 15 hours, 1 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 1 hours, 58 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 8 hours, 1 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Jumping Potion (OF Post)     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Psion View Post
    people just amazed at how he brought the game back from the dead to something enjoyable, but forgetting that he immediately murdered it in 2.0. ;;

wtb FFXIV 1.9999998 patch
    I honestly wouldn't want what 1.23 was because everything felt like it was playing out underwater, animations were just too slow and unsatisfying.

What we have right now isn't perfect by any means but it's at least faster, animation breaking really ruins a lot of the feeling with the combat however :/.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Wait people liked FFXIV 1.0?

Da fk.

Pro's Pet
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

It had some good concept ideas, that were however drowned in a sea of nope and terrible decisions. I would assume people only miss the few good parts of it, not the entire thing.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    Wait people liked FFXIV 1.0?

Da fk.
    Yeah, if it actually was able to get to completion and not be a glorified alpha demo some of the concepts were/are still fairly interesting compared to what we have in the market now. "Creating your class" is still something highly requested in the genre and for what they had to work with, it was still pretty interesting. Since having things "completely balanced and homogenized" doesn't seem to have improved the enjoyment factor of the battle system for a lot of people, so having more 'open ended' classes could be interesting, since it's not like they really kept the identity of the jobs we have now anyway.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I played it for a little bit, not nearly enough... but what I did play of 1.0 I enjoyed it, a lot more than i enjoy 2.0+, the combat was just... idk it was more fun, but I imagine I may have gotten tired of it after time.

I liked all the little OP abilities :\, I'd of probably played it a lot more if it had launched with a THF or SMN type class (which is what drew me into 2.0, SMN), but my only options were really fakeMNK and fakePLD, so while I enjoyed GLA, it just wasn't my class of choice and so I didn't play as much as I wanted. Also the game was in a sad state in 1.0, my thought when i stopped playing was "I'll give this a year, it'll be better then and there will be more to do", but sadly, ARR happened and I never got to enjoy what I wanted 1.0 to become.

But theres 0 doubt in my head I would like the game more if it continued down 1.0's path instead of 2.0's path. If the game had been allowed/survived to keep going with 1.0's combat and design options, improving and fixing things over time, I've no doubt I'd of enjoyed it more what than 2.0+ turned it into. We went from great ideas poorly implemented to poor ideas greatly imcplemented.

Really if I'm honest not having gear to chase is a big thing for me, I'm simply not excited for FFXIV's boring as fuck vanilla stats on gear, no room for creativity or builds, even the enjoyable useless ones... I miss my SMN melee... sure it was a useless pet project but there was nothing more fun than seeing 2k+ dmg (way back when) with a SMN full swing... Things like that simply cannot exist in XIV where gear, stats, and combat are all on very strict rails, basically your roles capabilities are clearly laid infront of you, and your limitations are set... no room for creative playstyles, even if just screwing around in solo, you're locked into a very specific role with no room for moving beyond that...

Long story short, objectively XIV isn't a bad game, its just not my cup of tea. I'm not an "On the rails" person and XIV is an incredibly "On the rails" MMO.

Cassalot

I remember trying to meld stuff in 1.0 and the whole thing would explode. Materia were like 2mil back then. Oh, and that fantastic "market board" system they had... You couldn't sell stuff if you didn't get your retainer in Ul'dah. Remember having to run around retainers to find the item you want? dont miss that shit lol

Remember having to build TP?

MEMBER???

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Nothing's perfect.

But yes, I hated the market place so very very much... made no sense to me when the AH in FFXI was already a good idea, seemed like innovation for the sake of it which is usually really really bad (See: Nintendo)

Cassalot

I played a lot of 1.0 and I don't /completely/ hate it. But tbh it was a really shit game because of the servers. You would have to predodge everything because it was so laggy. I enjoyed how primals you had your own chest -- I really liked that even before they added tokens. BUT to get into primals you had to farm a different token to get in. Basically you had to go farm certain mobs to get the token to drop and it wasn't 100%. 10 tokens to get in. That was AWFUL. Everyone in the group had to have 10 tokens. It didn't matter if someone else brought you in, it still took your tokens.

I also miss the dungeons that came out later in 1.0. It was 8 man. You had objectives to get bonus chests BUT it didn't tell you what the objectives were... you just had to figure it out. For example- one was you couldn't eat a fruit to get rid of your poison in Aurum Vale the whole dungeon. You could get a total of 5 bonus chests at the end of the dungeon and the gear was BIS. Darklight!! I think Darklight bodies were like.. 1% drop rate lol. The rest of the pieces were I think 5%? oh, and you could change jobs in dungeons with no penalties. THAT was cool.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Cassalot View Post
    I played a lot of 1.0 and I don't /completely/ hate it. But tbh it was a really shit game because of the servers. You would have to predodge everything because it was so laggy. I enjoyed how primals you had your own chest -- I really liked that even before they added tokens. BUT to get into primals you had to farm a different token to get in. Basically you had to go farm certain mobs to get the token to drop and it wasn't 100%. 10 tokens to get in. That was AWFUL. Everyone in the group had to have 10 tokens. It didn't matter if someone else brought you in, it still took your tokens.
    Yah, I never got that far as I admitted previously I didnt play it nearly as much as I should have... but that seems absolutely silly, feels like they should have just.. stuck with what worked in XI (You had to farm entry things in XI too, like Black Rosery or w/e, but you either only needed the leader to have it, or everyone got it at the same time as a Key Item...). That kind of wall was probably due to their lack of content so they needed padding somewhere... everyone needing 10 just...

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Token farming never bothered me in 1.0, droprates weren't bad or anything and it gave a reason for the open world mobs around the trial areas to exist. Certainly pointless and a waste of time when it came down to it though.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    You won't get what you want, because emphasis will always go to where the safe money is first, and inspirational new concepts last.
    It's quite apparent that as long as it's "good enough" they're not going to strive for more. The only time the devs recently admitted to experimenting with content was Diadem, and I'm sure the new Diadem will have been reworked into something "good enough" from the experiment it once was. 4.0 will also be "good enough" and nothing more; anyone expecting otherwise is, as usual, deluded. From a monetary standpoint, the name brand and the graphics/roleplay potential are enough to sell to a large enough chunk of the fanbase that no more is needed if their only aim is to make money.

But the devs don't talk like their only aim is to make money. They seem like they actually want to make an enjoyable game and be proud of what they've accomplished. And they do succeed in that for their target fanbase - the people who buy based on the brand name and roleplay potential - but that leaves the rest of us, minority or no, jaded and cynical towards the game and the devs for not even attempting to meet our needs as players. This is what is at the core of all the bitching and complaining about the game.

XIV has a lot of potential to be better than it is right now in nearly every aspect. But the core gameplay mechanics, battle and itemization, are the #1 and #2 things that need to be overhauled for the game to start being good. I'm afraid we are too far down the rabbit hole now to see them revamped the way they need to be, but if Yoshi-P and crew are going to do anything to address the issues with the game come 4.0, it needs to start there.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

basic UI elements being linked to the server was the best idea of our generation

Cassalot

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    basic UI elements being linked to the server was the best idea of our generation
    thanks tanaka

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Who members exorcised beans for tp because javelins were expensive

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I remember buying the worst arrows possible because the longer the fight lasted, the more attacks I could get in, which meant more chances to proc exp gain.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

I remember quad boxing and putting all the extra characters on follow to level up my main because exp bonus was multiplied by the number of party members

good game design, I do miss grinding mobs in the old Shroud though

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jahaudant Rivea
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Back on the subject of the actual Jump Potion; I'll be buying at least 1 of them to insta-boost Samurai or Red Mage from 50 to 60 on release day. As far as I can tell this will be possible, right?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

They could always limit that but I don't think they will

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Not entirely sure how they are handling it in this game, but in WoW, you were only allowed to use the "boost" to catch you up to be able to start the new expansion stuff. So if expansion started at 100 and went to 110 as the new cap, it would just make you level 100.

What if the jumping potion costs like $80 tho, not worth it to use it to boost 10 levels lol

They already said jumping potions would have a high cost.