1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 5 hours, 36 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 18 hours, 23 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 22 hours, 36 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 11 hours, 23 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Jumping Potion (OF Post)     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Jumping Potion (OF Post)

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...89#post3963189

Why?

The main reason we decided to implement the "Jumping Potion" was to "make it easier for the newer players to catch up with the rest of the community."

Types

1. Story Skip Potion.
    -Currently in the KR and CN versions under the name of "Adventuring Records of A Realm Reborn." Upon purchase it goes to you by mog mail and upon use you have all MSQ quests up to "Before the Dawn" complete.

-"Adventuring Records of Heavensward" is also in works for the KR and CN versions to do the same but with story completion past patch 3.5 part 2.

2. Job Jump
    By purchasing and using this potion, the respective job will jump to level 50. (When Stormblood goes on sale, this will be upgraded to a potion that will jump the job up to level 60, and we plan to eliminate the current level 50 potion.) Furthermore, at the moment we also distribute weapons at a certain item level to go along with this, as well as multiple silver chocobo feathers, which can be exchanged for item level 130 equipment of your choosing. This will equip that job with the minimum equipment needed.
    There are no potions for machinist, dark knight, and astrologian since these require the expansion, and we’re still discussing whether we will add them with the release of Stormblood. We’ve already decided that we will not be including potions for the new jobs that are going to be implemented with Stormblood. (This is based on the core principle that we want players to level the new jobs themselves.)
    How they work in the CN/KR versions.

・Story skip potion "Adventuring Records of A Realm Reborn"
    Requirements for purchasing "Adventuring Records of A Realm Reborn"

1. Must have an active service account and have created a character.
    2. The account must be paying the monthly subscription fee (free trial accounts are not eligible).

Only when fulfilling the above two requirements can the potion be purchased via the Mog Station. (The item will be delivered via Mog Letter, so you will have to have access to a Delivery Moogle.)

When using this potion, the following will occur.

1. The quest "Before the Fall" will be set as cleared, and you will be able to undertake the main scenario quest "Coming to Ishgard."
    2. You will automatically join the Grand Company of your starting city-state (starting at the lowest rank).
    3. You will automatically be given a personal chocobo (a generic name will be given to it).
    4. All aetherytes for A Realm Reborn will be unlocked.
    5. All dungeons implemented up to Patch 2.55 will be set as cleared.
    6. The Unending Journey, which can be used at inns and such, will be entirely unlocked for everything that was completed.
    7. Unlock quests for the minimum required features will be set as cleared.

Anyone that has yet to clear "Before the Dawn" is able to use this potion. Even if you've stopped playing while you were progressing through the main scenario quests of Patch 2.4, the potion will yield the same effect; however, if you already belong to a Grand Company and/or have a chocobo, your existing status will take priority over the potion's effect.

Additionally, since it will be possible to use the Unending Journey, you'll be able to experience the portions of the story that was skipped in a digest format. In order to make it possible to use each of the different roulettes, the dungeons for A Realm Reborn are set as cleared.

While there is a difference between the item price in China and Korea, this potion is around 2500 Japanese yen as of right now.

・Job jump potion "Adventuring Records of the Paladin" (I’ll use paladin as an example here.)
    Requirements for purchasing "Adventuring Records of the Paladin."

1. Must have an active service account and have created a character.
    2. The account must be paying the monthly subscription fee (free trial accounts are not eligible).

Only when fulfilling the above two requirements can the potion be purchased via the Mog Station. (The item will be delivered via Mog Letter, so you will have to have access to a Delivery Moogle.)

When using this potion, the following will occur.

1. Paladin’s base class, gladiator, will become level 50.
    2. The secondary class required for paladin, conjurer, will become level 15.
    3. A sword of a certain item level will be distributed (item level 120 for the Korean version).
    4. Paladin’s job stone will be distributed.
    5. The job quests for paladin will be set as cleared up to the level 50 quest. (Actions will also be given.)
    6. An item that worth roughly 300,000 gil that cannot be traded will be distributed as funds for equipment.
    7. Multiple silver chocobo feathers will be distributed, which can be exchanged for equipment.

When using this potion, there are no restrictions such as only being able to use it on your starting class, and we've made it so job quests are completed so you are ready for battle at level 50. By exchanging the silver chocobo feathers, you'll be able to procure the minimum required gear of your choosing.

Nothing else will happen other than the above, so with this potion, you can boost your job level and just enjoy the main scenario. You can think of this as starting a new game as a stronger character. Since there is the level sync feature for each of the dungeons and trials, you'll be able to learn your job while you progress through the story as well.

Having separate job potions is something unique to FFXIV. This is because the requirement to change to a specific job and the necessary equipment for each job is different per job, and also because leveling all jobs at the same time with a single potion is too much of a shortcut.

Similar to the story skip potion, this is about 2500 Japanese yen per job.

For the Korean version there is also a story skip potion and job jump potion set, and this is an option sold only for new players and returners as a starter pack.

Final Changes for release of HW:

• The story jumping potion will become the “Adventuring Records of Heavensward.” (we are currently discussing whether or not to keep "Adventuring Records of A Realm Reborn").
    • Upon using the “Adventuring Records of Heavensward,” the player character will have completed the main quest up to the final quest in patch 3.5 part 2, as well as accepting the initial main quest for Stormblood.
    • The "Adventuring Records of Heavenward" can only be purchased if the player has purchased and registered their copy of the Heavenward expansion.
    • Players will be able to boost one job to level 60 with the job jumping potion (the level 50 version of the potion will be removed).
    • The gear that the players will receive will be changed to level 60 gear for the corresponding job upon purchasing the job jump potion.

Read the post for more information.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

God, greedy pigs lol.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Took them long enough.

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Knew it was coming when I read that the chinese servers had them.

I look forward to leveled people who don't even know how to combo.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Nep View Post
    I look forward to leveled people who don't even know how to combo.
    I already see this on a regular basis.

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Me too, actually. Mostly around the level range they'll be jumping to.

Good news everyone. It's a suppository.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I look forward to a more accessible game.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It says 2500 ¥ I think so like 20 bux
    Not too bad

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Really curious how they're going to work magically starting at 50 or 60. If they'll give you a quick dirty rundown.

Dragoon Princess
    My Little Ixion

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiyoko Star
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Is there a link to an unofficial translation?

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    Really curious how they're going to work magically starting at 50 or 60. If they'll give you a quick dirty rundown.
    A rundown of what? If you can't figure out what to do by just looking at the tooltips you're not going to figure it out doing it the "hard" way either. How many 60 BLMs still do Blizzard rotations for DPS? How many 60 MNKs/DRGs don't hit their positionals? How many 60 tanks never Flash/Overpower/Provoke?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I was more thinking about story. Blizzard's level100 intro doesn't to much to introduce you to too much.

@Kaiyoko found one on reddit. Will be updating top post.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Official translation not up yet, just a message saying it's coming
    "Naoki Yoshida has made a post on the Japanese forums today about a jump potion! etc https://goo.gl/eZTuzh.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

tl;dr

We want $$$ from purchases
    We want more subscribers
    We cba to make decent MSQ's
    We cba to cut the bloat in the MSQ's that are already released.

I'm not against Jumping potions, but I am against the way they want to do it and without the changes to MSQ's.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I wonder if they will give any of these out as legacy/veteran's rewards. I can finally get Mantra for my Thaumaturge!

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Okay, official translation is up now:
    Thread here.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Seems on par with WoW pretty much except it's job specific. I like this a lot. I'll finally jump a combat job to 50 and unlock all the fishing areas.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

I live for these threads, the comments are pure gold. C-ya losers who think this is the end of the game, hello losers that found the game to be a fuck load more accessible not having to cram 600 quests down your throat.

Pay No Attention to the Man Behind the Curtain
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ragns Meuhie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

RIP

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

because fetch quests and hitting escape up enter make you good.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast