+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fan replacement.     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Fan replacement.

My PC is a fossil, no way around that fact, but there is a particular fan on the mobo heatsink that I've had to replace every 2-3 years and it's showing signs of failure.

fd126010lb dc12v 0.14a is its model number and power requirements, the fan measuring 60x10x10 mm and is 3-pin connector. It also has a little plastic mount it connects to so it can sit on the copper sink.

Now, the snag is any hits I'm finding on a replacement are looking like they'll need to come from China or something with a 3 week or longer shipping time as well as a $20+ price tag with shipping. On the other hand, looking for alternative fans of a similar size is yielding cheaper results, but they seem to want 0.12a instead.

My question is if I'd still be able to run that, or if it'd blow up the fan/my PC.

2600klub
    I donated 5 bucks and all I got was this shitty title from Zet

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835119055

That should work fine. It's cheap, doesn't come from China, and meets your size requirement (60mm x60mm x10mm, which I assume you meant above). Don't worry about the amps, a 3-pin can provide well more than 0.12 or 0.14.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Niya Kouya
    FFXIV Server
    Odin

amp value doesn't matter at all, as long a size and connector fit and you have way to attach it to the heatsink, any 60mm fan should do.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Orinthia Warsong
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Use whatever fan, it never has to be anything specific unless you were working with some deeply-proprietary part. You can use zip ties to hold larger fans in place on smaller mounts or otherwise position it to give better airflow across smaller heatsinks. With bigger fans there might be a cheap plastic adapter or shroud to funnel the larger size's airflow into a smaller space, or cut and tape up some cardboard to accomplish the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkanna View Post
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835119055

That should work fine. It's cheap, doesn't come from China, and meets your size requirement (60mm x60mm x10mm, which I assume you meant above). Don't worry about the amps, a 3-pin can provide well more than 0.12 or 0.14.
    Gonna run with Ark's suggestion since googling the model for some different picture perspectives seems to indicate it's similar enough for my bracket to hopefully fit.