+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: FFRK: Muliplayer Raids     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I could lend my Lenna with her amazing Burst if needed and I'm on.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I200 Barthandelus is a dick. Every group I go with do decent until low HP when he unleashes a pair of super ruingas.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

That fight really comes down to how the dispel at 50% is managed. It is an ultimate dispel, which also clears wall and any other stat buffs in addition to the usual buffs that dispel removes. If wall and shellga arent reapplied promptly your run is over, which is tough without coordination in PUGs. MBD also needs to be reapplied after mystic aura to cancel the mag buff he gains from it.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Yeah, every run I went on, I went with Y'Shtola - Curaga/Protectga/Mako because some other mage had Shellga... first turn Protectga, second turn Asylum, and then just Medica spam unless I need to rebuff.

Unfortunately, I've yet to encounter a healer who reapplies Shell. Guessing I should just take that over....

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Francisco View Post
    Yeah, every run I went on, I went with Y'Shtola - Curaga/Protectga/Mako because some other mage had Shellga... first turn Protectga, second turn Asylum, and then just Medica spam unless I need to rebuff.

Unfortunately, I've yet to encounter a healer who reapplies Shell. Guessing I should just take that over....
    You might as well since protectga isn't useful for this fight. The only physical attack is gravity based and only death resist accessories will mitigate that.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

So many terribads... I basically keep winding up at a point in the fight post Dispel where everyone is near death, and I can either Asylum, which is needed because Ruinga went off, or Stoneskin II, because every Tyro player in the world is a derp who doesn't reapply Wall. I, of course, choose Asylum, because I cling to a shred of hope the Tyro player will wake up and use Wall, but it never happens.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Barth 200 was a dick but what done is done!

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Took many runs to beat even i160, and I think we only won because I spammed the "Support Please" stamp relentlessly after Dispel. Friggin' Tyros.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Francisco View Post
    Took many runs to beat even i160, and I think we only won because I spammed the "Support Please" stamp relentlessly after Dispel. Friggin' Tyros.
    Your problem for going with pugs

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I actually had nothing but good experiences with Greg and Aiaiaiatarar... this fight though kept coming down to one turn where I could use either Asylum, Stoneskin II, or Shellga... but really need to use all three because no one else will.

Insert this_is_fine.jpg here.

200 took me 4 tries with PUG, but ultimately wasn't that difficult. 2 of those runs ended because he dispelled and then attacked twice with AoE before a single action could be taken

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Easiest MP boss so far imo but having Vanille's BSB and Indonesian Blade feels like cheating :D Long live Celes and her broken SSB.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

The SSB is so good. I'm ecstatic I chased it.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Finally got a group that could down i200 Barthandelus. Ding 4* White Magic on Celes!

not sure about the main boss himself BECAUSE I NEVER GET TO IT DUE TO DISCONNECTS FROM PARTY LEADERS but dispel does work on the two little bits to get rid of their veil/aura effects. at least, it dispels the shell/protect/haste they gain, not sure about the other stuff. i imagine it would work to dispel the main boss as well, or at least get rid of its horrible 100000% haste it seems to gain. at least if i ever make it that far ~_~ seriously, the few times i made it were without dispel and each time he would get off like 6 hits before buffs could even go up.

Honestly, part of the multiplayer frustration, aside from connectivity issues, is the fact the battle speed is set stupid high. Compounding that with lag is what can make it seem like bosses get so many attacks off at once.

Done some tweaks my wifi here, and in having to reset my phone thanks to some earlier tech issue, I'm hoping my disconnect issue gets resolved or minimized. Just waiting on various things to update now.

Woo, mastered 200. Can confirm dispel works on his 50 percent rawr mode. Removes the annoying haste and nuke boost. Oddly enough he doesn't seem to put it back up after that , or didn't for me. Cut the damage done by a massive amount, buying us just enough time to rebuff and rawr right back. 5 star who OK wooo

Yeah, just had a run wipe at that point, in part because people rebuffed too early. Basically waiting 5s would've had me taking him under 50%. Oh well. Will hop on Discord later when more folks are likely to be around. Lightningfall did around 30k, probably more if I had an ATK buff up on the later casts. Didn't have a dispel of our own, though, so might've been iffy even if they did buff right.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Went 1/1 on both while dualboxing, and had a friend + 1 pug

Setup (D200):
    (Main) Onion Knight - Arise r2 (unused) / Meltdown r2 / BSB
    Y'shtola - Curada r1 / Wrath r5 / Wall & BSB

(Alt) Minfilia - Lifesiphon r4 / Banishing Strike r4 / SSB & BSB
    Vanille - Curaja r4 / Shellga r2 / BSB

(Friend) Vaan - Lifesiphon / Mug Bloodlust / BSB
    Eiko - Curaja / Shellga / BSB

(Random) Butz - Full Charge / Thundaga Strike / SSB
    Vanille - Curaja / Shellga / BSB

Ended up being a very safe setup, applied buffs at start of fight, again at start of phase 2, and managed to get perfect timing on refreshing all of the buffs right after the dispel hit. I still ended up having 2 full bars on my Vanille and a bar on Y'sh. Guts never activated on anyone, and the raise didnt end up being needed.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Pirian View Post
    200 took me 4 tries with PUG, but ultimately wasn't that difficult. 2 of those runs ended because he dispelled and then attacked twice with AoE before a single action could be taken
    This has happened to me a few times now and it's really annoying. Once he did dispel and got 3 AoE's off in a row with 0 delay between them. Every now and then one of my fighters seems to get locked for a turn where they just wait for everyone else to have a turn before registering what attack I chose. Ugh.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast