Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Nice! Yeah I beat D200 too. Affliction break is nice So are TG Cid + Lightning + Terra.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Well Refia owned Phantom Train lol, such a powerhouse! Also Affliction Break+ Tyro's USB RW ftw.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Had nothing but beyond HORRID groups for Hein D200 for the last week. Finally got a great group, with tons of magic buffs, healers, magic DDs, all the works. We got the boss to 50% pretty easily within 5 mins. Then the 4th person decided it would be a great troll effort to cast Reflect on Hein so that not only did all our magic damage get reflected, but that we couldn't DMG him.

He then proceeded to leave while another player left too, I stuck it around with the person who started the group and we managed to down Hein by spamming Burst Commands and My Alphinaud spamming Command 1 of his burst! Shit like that player casting Reflect makes me hate the MP community.

Speaks in riddles
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Reyd Nalaar
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Draenor

Quote Originally Posted by Robertfb View Post
    Had nothing but beyond HORRID groups for Hein D200 for the last week. Finally got a great group, with tons of magic buffs, healers, magic DDs, all the works. We got the boss to 50% pretty easily within 5 mins. Then the 4th person decided it would be a great troll effort to cast Reflect on Hein so that not only did all our magic damage get reflected, but that we couldn't DMG him.

He then proceeded to leave while another player left too, I stuck it around with the person who started the group and we managed to down Hein by spamming Burst Commands and My Alphinaud spamming Command 1 of his burst! Shit like that player casting Reflect makes me hate the MP community.
    If you want some help in the future on MPs my 2 buddies and I usually knock them all out on Thursday evenings~ we hop on discord and open mics and have a great time and don't afraid of anything.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Robertfb View Post

Just wait for the Mandragoras MP fight in a couple days :D

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Just wait for the Mandragoras MP fight in a couple days :D
    at east it goes to 120 max

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Damn, reminds me I still need to finish 160 Hein.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    at east it goes to 120 max
    IIRC its 180 and 250 for Mandies, the 120 max is only for the first few MP dungeons they release for this event.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I'm pretty sure its 160/200/240 for Mandies and Ultros

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yep, I'm pretty sure this was when they introduced Apocalypse+ in JP. Then we get this added to events with the infamous FFX Aeons Apo+ battle D:

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Yep, I'm pretty sure this was when they introduced Apocalypse+ in JP. Then we get this added to events with the infamous FFX Aeons Apo+ battle D:
    Oh god, I just remembered, this is the event with the stupid D300 Orthros fight. That fight was retardedly annoying, UNLESS you had Grand Cross / Indomitable Blade, Thank god I have both for Global this time around

Edit: God Dammit i'm indeed losing my mind, not othros, Ultros! How dare I misspell Uncle Ulty's name!

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

What's with us getting Ifrit/Leviathan fights for FFXI week? It would have made more sense to give us Ultima/Omega. Ah the good old days of old school Limbus farming.... We need more homam relic pieces in the draws...

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Classikmage View Post
    What's with us getting Ifrit/Leviathan fights for FFXI week? It would have made more sense to give us Ultima/Omega. Ah the good old days of old school Limbus farming.... We need more homam relic pieces in the draws...
    Eh, it's just following JP's schedule. The first proper XI event had no MP fights for the realm but these ones+ harder battles mentioned above. Ultima/Omega are still way off lol, they barely scratched CoP in JP and only for one boss.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Oravis Altago
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Is anyone up for doing Hein Apocalypse? These randoms have been depressing. Someone always wants to melee even in perfect set ups.

I'm using Papalymo and Maria.

Edit*

Never mind. Eventually beat him after another 10 tries or so. Had to switch out Papalymo for Tyro because no one liked bringing breaks.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

soloed 200 and 240 mandies NP

Did 160 in pugs

will do orthros tomorrow

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Got everything done via pugs. Mandies went surprisingly well, but Ultros was another story. 200 took a couple tries, 240 was a 1 shot, but 160 was a nightmare as people would quite readily REEEEEEEEE themselves to death on the first turn before any buffs were up.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Did Ultros last night. Honestly had more trouble with groups doing the 160 and 200 than I did the 240. Went 1/1 there, of course Kain BSB helped a lot with that.

Especially enjoyed the lvl 99 TG Cid using Dagger Throw and "For the Homeland" SB paired with the lvl 99 Terra with default SB tossing out Chain Firagas for 6k dmg total with no Runic in the group.

I'm bringing Sabin and his SSB Medica/Esuna to mandies, but noone seems to want to play as every group I join either disconnects or the leader leaves. Pairing him with Raines for AoE damage too.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    Did Ultros last night. Honestly had more trouble with groups doing the 160 and 200 than I did the 240. Went 1/1 there, of course Kain BSB helped a lot with that.

Especially enjoyed the lvl 99 TG Cid using Dagger Throw and "For the Homeland" SB paired with the lvl 99 Terra with default SB tossing out Chain Firagas for 6k dmg total with no Runic in the group.

I'm bringing Sabin and his SSB Medica/Esuna to mandies, but noone seems to want to play as every group I join either disconnects or the leader leaves. Pairing him with Raines for AoE damage too.
    I get that a lot, so I just start my own groups.

Worse comes to worst, you just end up controlling 8 characters.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Anyone else run into a problem where the game would use some random ability in MP rather than the one you chose? Was just doing the Mandeagora D240 and about halfway through the game started using commands that I didn't choose. If I chose curaja, it would sometimes use my BSB. If I used command 2 from my BSB sometimes it would do protectga, or curaja, or maybe resent my atb completely even though I didn't get hit with anything.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Aerin View Post
    Anyone else run into a problem where the game would use some random ability in MP rather than the one you chose? Was just doing the Mandeagora D240 and about halfway through the game started using commands that I didn't choose. If I chose curaja, it would sometimes use my BSB. If I used command 2 from my BSB sometimes it would do protectga, or curaja, or maybe resent my atb completely even though I didn't get hit with anything.
    YES!

It's almost like the game gets a little too behind and just queries your most recent action again to make up time. I've performed Kain's BSB b2b when I would select command 1, but on the turn after when I would select Lightning Dive, it would then do command 1. turn after that would be Lightning Dive when I would select command 2. etc.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast