+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

To be honest all of the 5* elemental summons are extremely limited in potential. They all have one/two characters able to boost their damage through enspells: Titan>Rydia/Rinoa, Tiamat>Alphinaud, Ultima Weapon> Seymour.
    These are also rare weaknesses so unless you own related relics I'd say Bahamut is still the best option overall.
    You could still RW some of these SSBs/BSBs I guess but is it really worth it?

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Done with this event, varlamiga was probably the most annoying one for me

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

1/3 with Ultima. Still salty about no BSB healer, otherwise it wasn't that bad.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Completed on expert, which I am very happy with. Just a week ago I was struggling with some 140 content. This was still a little touch and go at the end when he was spamming Ultima, but I managed to eke out a victory. I don't mind not getting the scarletite and adamantite, there's always plenty of them available. I needed the MC3 badly.

Thanks for the help BG bros

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Done with the event, easy master here. Then again with Vanille's Burst it almost felt like cheating, was always at full health.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Done with the event, easy master here. Then again with Vanille's Burst it almost felt like cheating, was always at full health.
    That's how I felt with Aerith's BSSB. Defend command spam lol.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Man, screw the ice rooster...

Ultima is really hurting for me. Had 0 problems with all the other bosses. In fact, the other bosses were rather easy, but healing seems to be a major issue for me with Ultima :\ I have no native healing BSB (I have Garnet's Dagger of Resolve and Yuna's Trigger Happy, both relatively useless here), so at the end when he literally does 3 Doom Ultima's in a row it's usually game over for any lv80's I brought. I also have no holy SB, SSB, BSB, or OSB, so my only holy dmg is Diaga, Alexander, Saint Cross and Banishing Strike.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

I can stick Hope up for you if you want to zerg it.

Trying 2 more variations. Currently using a Wall RW, and going to try that one more time with a slightly different group I've been pondering over for a while. If that doesn't work I'm going to bring Tyro for a native wall and tap a Transcendent Dream RW. I have a feeling the 2nd will probably do the trick, but I just noticed I have Beatrix's Seiken Shock, which might save enough damage from its "avoid 1 magic attack" to make the difference when combined with Arc's Renewing Rain's "avoid 1 magic attack". I knew my lack of Party-healing was going to catch up to me eventually my pulls have been so bad lately for my healers.

If neither of those 2 variations work then I'll try that zerg strat

BG Level

Just pop into Discord and summon me and I'll change him over. Right now I'm running Asylum, which you can also use if TD doesn't work.

I haven't posted on a while so I guess I'm out of the loop. What is discord?

BG Level

Top of the forums, desktop mode.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Purrrfect View Post
    Man, screw the ice rooster...
    I had trouble too. A second healer works wonders. If you don't have one, you could also use a RW that has good cure BSB abilities, but you'll probably need to bring your own Wall.

Rubicant gave me issue because he'd never fucking get out of his cloak. Eventually just said fuck it and ate the counters.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Accidentally went into Ultima without shell... took a LOT of damage, lost Hope just as he BSB was ready to use... but still mastered.

Quote Originally Posted by Pirian View Post
    Trying 2 more variations. Currently using a Wall RW, and going to try that one more time with a slightly different group I've been pondering over for a while. If that doesn't work I'm going to bring Tyro for a native wall and tap a Transcendent Dream RW. I have a feeling the 2nd will probably do the trick, but I just noticed I have Beatrix's Seiken Shock, which might save enough damage from its "avoid 1 magic attack" to make the difference when combined with Arc's Renewing Rain's "avoid 1 magic attack". I knew my lack of Party-healing was going to catch up to me eventually my pulls have been so bad lately for my healers.

If neither of those 2 variations work then I'll try that zerg strat
    Took him down with the first team after a couple tries. I would really love to know how you people handled the Doom Ultima spam because even with wall+shell (I know it bypasses resistance) + FB + MBD it was still doing 1.3k or so and he literally used it every turn past 50%. Oh well, somehow mastered it

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Cleansing Strike or some other -ATK/MAG break cuts Doom Ultima down to maybe 1k.

BG Level

Took him down with the first team after a couple tries. I would really love to know how you people handled the Doom Ultima spam because even with wall+shell (I know it bypasses resistance) + FB + MBD it was still doing 1.3k or so and he literally used it every turn past 50%. Oh well, somehow mastered it
    Double breaks.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Cleansing Strike(Agrias SB) + Ark Blast(Vaan BSSB) + Addle(Vaan's Attack Command during burst mode) took the damage down nicely.