+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

All those support SSB/BSB must be nice I have none

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I bursted him down and ate the ultimas, AOE healing as much as possible.

Yeah, once I pop Y'shtola's BSB, it's basically Medica spam until she runs out, but by then the BSB is usually ready to cast again. Still wound up losing a couple people last round, but since actions weren't a concern, still met mastery conditions.

Stuck on Ultima here no aoe heals or SBs, and only wakka assault reels to lower damage makes for unhappy times. It's basically either use tyro roaming warrior or a aoe heal one, neither nearly enough against 3k Ultima spam

Any easy 4 star spirit motes ? Need 15 for OKs 5 star white magic.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Darkness user + Hope zerg.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Psion View Post
    Stuck on Ultima here no aoe heals or SBs, and only wakka assault reels to lower damage makes for unhappy times. It's basically either use tyro roaming warrior or a aoe heal one, neither nearly enough against 3k Ultima spam

Any easy 4 star spirit motes ? Need 15 for OKs 5 star white magic.
    Can you list the SBs you have? Also the current XIII banner has a stackable ATK/MAG debuff (Fang's Punisher) so if you're having trouble and happen to have some mythril that's an option.

Saving mythril for jecht banner... atm I have phantom rush and perdition phoenix for sabin, vessel of fate for OK, assault reels for wakka, witchcraft shared (lol) protectors roar for red (lol) , yuffies gauntlet sb, setzers fixed dice, rikkus master thief, and terras blood of espers. (This one's an 8 star, but I need defense atm lol)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yeah, that doesn't seem doable without native Wall or Medica. Your best shot is to try and RW Y'shtola or Vanille's Bursts. I'd personally go with OK,Sabin, Wakka (bring Magic Breakdown and Armor Breakdown for him), whatever healer you have at 80 or 99 and Rikku. OK geared for magic damage obviously.

i...don't have any real magic abilites. ^^; and sadly rikku is at level 1 and im out of eggs, or id use her.

but do magic and armor breakdown even stack with his assault reels debuff? does that debuff stack with his burst mode wither tackle/other tackle thingie? do THOSE stack with breakdowns? i honestly never seemed to notice a difference between the three, generally i just would use reels then whatever of his burst mode attacks fitted the boss at hand to keep the debuffs refreshed.

likewise i can't seem to tell any difference between onion knights vessel of fate, sabins meteor crush, and the stacking attack boost he gets when using the 4 hit move during burst mode. pretty much he'll do a weakass 1700ish a hit the first time, then 3300 a hit or so after i use any of those and assault reels, and stacking them doesn't seem to improve the damage.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Assault reels inflicts Full Breakdown on use which is a stronger version of Full break and won't stack with it. However it does stack with other Breakdowns (which is why Wakka's burst commands are Power and Magic Breakdown equivalents).
    I suggest bringing Magic Breakdown anyway just in case you exit Burst mode and don't have a full bar yet, Wakka can't really bring much else that's useful anyway.
    Sabin's attack boost from his command #1 will also stack with OK's Vessel of Fate but there's a soft cap for attack so if you're hitting that (given the sinergy in this fight it's quite easy to do) you won't notice a huge difference. If you can equip a Monk skill boosting materia on Sabin (or the weapon equivalents if you don't have any) do so, it'll boost your damage higher than any normal attack materia.
    Is your OK dived at all? If he's not I suggest putting some heals on him to support your healer and gear him as mage to spam his burst magic attack (physical attack is awful in comparison). And don't forget Protectga/Shellga. Shellga is useless towards the end because Doom Ultima will ignore RES anyway but they help a lot during the first part of the fight.

HA. Won the fight after a sacrificial mythril to build SB meters. 99 sabin, OK, jecht and 80 minwu, wakka. Used armor / magic breakdown on wakka, lifesiphon / meteor strike on sabin, curaise / shellga on minwu, dismissal / fires within on jecht, and power breakdown / renewing cure on OK. Buffed up, spammed dismissal during first half, and used transcendent dream roaming warrior.

Fight actually got easier after doom ultima. Normal did 3-4k, but doom version did... 1400? I'll take it! Holy was the worst, but I equipped holy armband on jecht and he ate all but two on backliners lol.

And do monk ability boosting materia work on his perdition phoenix?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The entry no but his commands should be considered Monk abilities and those matter more (especially command #1). Grats on the clear anyway

Aaah, I hadn't thought of his 4 hit. Good point! Thanks for the tips! (Also, 5 100 gem pulls and 4 were 3 stars and I 4 star. Damn you rata.)