BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

F.A.I.L. badge - Optional quest ending?

I spent the last few days trying to complete ever Adoulin quest (including extra quest endings) to get the "Golden scope insignia" key item on bgwiki, only to eventually check the .dats and realize that its name was changed to "Golden shovel cordon" and I already had it. This is after completing all RUN AF, Relic, Empyrean, and 2.5 stages of Epeolatry (maybe 20mil?)

Anyway, the one positive out of this is that I noticed the F.A.I.L. badge temporary key item. It is the only temporary key item I have obtained from Adoulin that I can't get rid of at this point. It comes from the "A Pioneer's Best (Imaginary) Friend" quest, and isn't lost when you do the "F.A.I.L.ure is not an option" quest.

So I guess I made this thread to brainstorm about potential uses for it and ask people whether they also still had it. Here's my existing list of ideas:
    1) There is no use for it. SE intended to make more F.A.I.L.-themed quests but dropped the questline or forgot the KI.
    2) Something related to the Star Onion Brigade (S.O.B.s), the group obviously being parodied by the F.A.I.L. group. - I completed all the SOB quests including the optional post-Rank10 CS, zoned, and talked to them all again. No dice.
    3) Something really random, like checking the map on the Selbina -> Mhuara ferry.

Do you guys still have this KI?

Do you have any ideas about how to get rid of it?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Looks like they removed it in November 2015. https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/November_...Existing_Items (see the very bottom KI list)

I still have the Knight's confession key item from the PLD AF3 quest. Not sure if its glitched as well like this situation or not.

I recall reading somewhere that there are other quest stories are not yet concluded in adoulin. Maybe they plan on adding more?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

PS: Yoji Fujito posted here the following paragraph:

アドゥリン後日談その後
    こちら、もう少し続きます。
    あわせてステキな報酬も準備してい

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Funkworkz View Post
    I still have the Knight's confession key item from the PLD AF3 quest. Not sure if its glitched as well like this situation or not.
    I was going through my other Temp KIs and ran across how to get rid of this:
    https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Under_Oath

SE is surprisingly good about giving you some way to get rid of Temp KIs, which makes this Badge all the more suspicious.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Great, thanks. I was about to repeat the questline just for this