+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 100 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 ... LastLast
    Pseudo-Elitist
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Any reason what rk is hiding the status bar on my phone all of a sudden? (Android)

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Athas View Post
    Any reason what rk is hiding the status bar on my phone all of a sudden? (Android)
    i heard there was an update not long ago that puts RK full screen for android

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

It does, and it's annoying but you get used to it.

Yeah, when I reset my phone the other day, seems like it locked it to "immersive mode" or whatever the industry term is. I fucking hate it since like the bottom 1/6th of my screen is just grey brick space, when before I'd have the the status bar up top and software buttons on the bottom basically allowing no wasted screen real estate.

I think what's most annoying is phone game devs don't even make this optional, just presuming everyone wants fullscreen.

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

for the first time in forever im behind. haven't touched the new DU and don't plan on doing ffx event tonight. just running greens dungeon til it goes away (exping zidane and yda to 99 since I got relics for them in lucky)

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

i've been keeping up with the classic DUs but i'm way behind on elites, sitting on 171 stamina right now. probably sitting on at least an 11x worth of backlogged dungeons.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

For some reason, the current FF9 event in JP's D99 dungeon is only 2 stam per stage instead of the usual 19, while still awarding the full ~31k EXP a D99 event stage normally does resulting in a very easy ~15.5k EXP/stam (compared to ~6.25 exp/stam for sundaily) . There are random spawns of 2x bandersnatch with ~30k HP each among the trash, which boosts the EXP even further if you encounter them (I got 43k EXP for 2 stam when i ran into 1 wave of them, as well as a GFO drop).

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yep, it's also the shortest event (stamina wise) in the history of RK imo. One full stamina bar and you can clear all Classic+Elite as well as the first boss in the boss rush.

Daniel Rand
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

can I get some advice on which of these 5* abilities i should keep/hone, i want to shatter some-

ultra cure
    ultima weapon
    thunder/blaze/engulf twin strike (i have tornado and snowspell honed already)
    smoldering fire
    morbid countdown

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Shatter morbid countdown. It is nigh worthless.

Id say hone Ultra Cure for sure.

Depending on your general summoner strength, if you have a lot of strong summoners with Mag stacking SB's or Alphinaud's BSB, then Ultima Weapon may be worth it.

The multi hit spellblades (and smoldering fire) will be pretty situational, but are a direct upgrade to their 4* counterparts. Youll get more general use out of the spellblades, personally, but in the few fights where Ninja magic is preferred youll be happy you had smoldering fire.

tl;dr - Ultra Cure >> Ultima Weapon (if you can boost it) >= Twin Strikes = Smoldering Fire >>>>>>> Morbid Countdown

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kainos View Post
    can I get some advice on which of these 5* abilities i should keep/hone, i want to shatter some-

ultra cure
    ultima weapon
    thunder/blaze/engulf twin strike (i have tornado and snowspell honed already)
    smoldering fire
    morbid countdown
    Shatter Morbid, keep everything else, hone Ultra Cure.
    You should only hone the others if you have characters that can use these abilities. Ultima Weapon for Seymour if you pull any of his relics, Twinstrikes are always good imo so those have higher priority in general, Smoldering Fire for Ninjas.

Edit: I think Thancred with his BSB is the only Ninja that can take full advantage of Smoldering Fire (due to Imperil Fire) but Ninja magic is good enough without it.

Daniel Rand
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

ok. think ill just keep ultra cure and the spellblades then. i have alph bsb but rather spend summon orbs on tiamat

BG Level

I was only able to hone Ultra once. Lol

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

I suggest you keep curaja

Ultra Cure has a longer cast time then Curaja, so it might be an issue for U++ mobs with max speed or instant move mobs.

Personally wouldn't bother with Ultra Cure unless you have the orbs to get it to 10 uses... which I'm maybe a dozen holy orbs from, myself. Have the current Twinstrikes to R3, myself, but Lightning is one of my power players and I have her sphered up to T5 Spellblade. The more that arsenal spreads, the more I'm not relying on life siphon for her if weakness is an option.

Admittedly don't see myself using Ultima Weapon (or Tiamat, for that matter) any time soon. The orb/use cost is still too unappealing for me, even with Hope as my only functional summoner with this BSB. Chain nukes are a different story, but I'm hurting for black/dark orbs there.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I'm still trying to figure out if I should hone ultima weapon. I have a dark up rod (x-death V) and two dark up armors (x-death armor, seymour robe). That's a lot of potency up but the uses are pretty low

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I'm probably going to hold off on honing ultra cure for a while. I don't see much point because I don't have a healer burst. I would need to hone it to r4 to be worthwhile to replace curaja.

Also, can DeNA throw us a bone and stop requiring so damn many wind orbs for good skills. They gave us a break for a while then they hit us with 5 new 5* skills that require major wind orbs.

Suspect that's their way of tempting us to splurge during orbfests.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    I suggest you keep curaja

Ultra Cure has a longer cast time then Curaja, so it might be an issue for U++ mobs with max speed or instant move mobs.
    No, it's not but it depends on your main healer for that content. I've been using Ultra Cure on Y'shtola (all SBs) in JP for months and it's never been an issue. You surely want to keep Curaja around but Ultra Cure is super useful given that most bosses will have annoying status ailments that you either need to be protected from (thus losing other accessory bonuses) or heal somehow (Esuna sucks).
    If you lack any healer BSB (or you have one of those that lack a single target option) it's probably best to stick with Curaja for now but you surely want to invest in Ultra Cure anyway and I'd make it a priority over other stuff. R3 is fine with 8 uses anyway.

BG Level

I think R3 is all you need, considering most people that bring it HAVE a healer burst and thus don't need to waste hones.