Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mist Monster
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Do you just do the math in your head? or is there a way to know that a level 5* bartz dagger will beat a 8* bartz osb (this is just an example) for wind? or is it just a given? Thanks for taking the time to answer my stupid questions lol

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

If you're below the attack soft cap (currently 589 unbuffed, 454 with onion BSB, or 393 with shout) then an elemental boost can be estimated as being worth roughly 40 base attack. Past the attack soft cap, it's worth closer to ~150 base attack. In other words, if you're able to reach the soft cap with the elemental boosting weapon, that's probably your best option.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mist Monster
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Corwen View Post
    If you're below the attack soft cap (currently 589 unbuffed, 454 with onion BSB, or 393 with shout) then an elemental boost can be estimated as being worth roughly 40 base attack. Past the attack soft cap, it's worth closer to ~150 base attack. In other words, if you're able to reach the soft cap with the elemental boosting weapon, that's probably your best option.
    Ok that makes it easy, thank you.

One more unrelated question, sort of. Are the multiplayer dungeons soloable? I really just curious, I could not get close on Gilgamesh 200. I couldn't find anything with a google search, but was just looking for Gilgamesh at the time.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

They are soloable but many of them are rather difficult to pull off. In JP I've soloed every one to date (except nemesis D300 which had a gil only prize I didn't care enough about to try), but many of them I had to use a mythril revive to build up some starting SB. It's generally much easier to do it multiplayer style, but solo is feasible with a good setup and possible mythril revive abuse.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

The hardest part about solo greg is dealing with missile when enkidu pops and the inevitable aeroga-zant combo. That ruined so many attempts for me.

It's also much easier with a mage team since you don't have to find room for dispel.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

The XIV banners, depending on what you pulled, made Greg a lot easier (Last Stand, Stoneskin, more Wind BSBs, and reflect). If you have or RW Greg BSB, I've seen a lot of people rock that and he basically kills himself. Tornado Strike and Luneth's BSB are some more options.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Gilgamesh is horrid, I've wiped so many times in MP because he spams zantesuken literally 3 times back-to-back in 1 second. And for whatever reason, no one but me sports resist death equipment to deal with the missiles and zantesuken.

Greg rocks on both Greg and the dragon with BSB.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Lenna's Burst is also amazing for Greg's MP fight given that Last Stand won't protect you from death. Managed to finish my Mastery run with everyone left alive thanks to that.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Anyone notice Papalymo is already able to break 99 cap? I thought he wasn't getting released for that until the 18th?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

the fourth wave of MC3s released along with the XIII event, afaik he would've been the only eligible character for that wave since alph/minfillia just released.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Classikmage View Post
    Anyone notice Papalymo is already able to break 99 cap? I thought he wasn't getting released for that until the 18th?

we got an HOR update when XIII released

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Oh sorry, I thought I read it wasn't scheduled until the 18th, and I didn't remember reading any announcement about it. I must have missed it.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I got Vanille's instant BSB back on banner one and she's been in my A team for a while now. Initially I was disappointed in not getting Ysh'tola's BSB, but I'll be damned, that instant entry is so amazing.

What do people of BG prefer more? Should I stick with Vanille's BSB for RW or do people want other stuff like fastcast faithga, Cid Raines' BSB, wall, or shout?

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Skai View Post
    I got Vanille's instant BSB back on banner one and she's been in my A team for a while now. Initially I was disappointed in not getting Ysh'tola's BSB, but I'll be damned, that instant entry is so amazing.

What do people of BG prefer more? Should I stick with Vanille's BSB for RW or do people want other stuff like fastcast faithga, Cid Raines' BSB, wall, or shout?
    No comment on RW but I really like Vanille's BSB. Yshtola is obviously the best defensively, but outside of those really high difficulty fights where you need it, having zero offensive ability really hurts. OTOH, Vanille's command 1 is beastly, and the instant bsb helps start that faster.

My favorite multiplayer pairing is Vanille + Yshtola >_> especially on holy weak mobs. Vanille is incredibly useful having the flexibility of awesome instant cast cures, and also the potential to push damage.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I have to go with vanilles over ysh although ysh is more different than worse (if you have a drawfire/magic lure tank then ysh command 1 is great but instant cast on vanilles gives so much tempo that the bubble can't really match).

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Anyone know when Noel gets home 99 cap? I kind of like how he works with his SB. And he has 4* white magic. So he's another situational DD to help the healer get buffs up too.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Anyone know when Noel gets home 99 cap? I kind of like how he works with his SB. And he has 4* white magic. So he's another situational DD to help the healer get buffs up too.
    Sadly it's gonna take at least 4 months, he's in the second to last batch alongside Sazh.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKee...e_mc_list_v30/

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

For RW, unless you have something that is super useful for the current event (like lightning BSB for XIII U++), set stuff with dailies in mind. I have OK's Vessel set. BSBs with an AoE command or high regen, haste, or medica. Usually what I take for dailies.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Do any stats influence sg/ss or are they just 1 duration period?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 100 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast