BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Questions about the relics draw

So afaik we have

2x Always that is 25 mythril 1 time each, on the 22-23-24
    Then we have the player<s choice on the 25 that is 1 time free

So atm i need 75 mythrils

But what about the 2nd anniversary draw that is suppose to be from the 25march to 4th april

No idea what those banners are yet and price right?

Trying to see if what refresh i should do in the orb fest

I have like 192 mythril atm (this counts the 25 from this morning + 16 from DU 30 and -25 (for lucky draw DU30)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Yeah, we have no idea what the anniversary banners themselves are yet. Those will probably be mined on the 22nd.

Early indication is, unless youre using the refreshes for exp or chasing 2 of 3 orbs in a grouping that refreshing excessively isn't awesome. Yes, this is a much better orbfest than the last one. But the upcoming dailies are almost just as good, increased stamina costs for these runs means less runs overall which means more RNG dependent, and since G5 the old addage of Hones > Relics isn't as strong anymore.

Id save 100-150 mythril outside the 75 we need for banner pulls, and then maybe toss no more than 10 mythril at a phase you really want.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Have yet to see a single gigantuar >_>

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Upcoming dailies are not "almost as good" but "better" than this Orbfest. Enemies drop more orbs, Greaters are way more common and Pots guarantee Majors.

Regarding banners yes, we don't know anything yet because they haven't uploaded that information but they will be full priced as usual. Planning right now would be kinda pointless anyway considering we have 4x11 pulls before they even appear. I'm just hoping Eiko's USB ends up on a good banner (in general and dupe wise). It's safe to assume that the Ultros banner relics won't be on any other banner though so they'll replace Lightning's OSB with something else... I'm guessing TG Cid's Saintly Excalibur.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

i quit like 8 months ago and just came back. theres so much new stuff to do lol..

is there a priority list for MC3 to unlock? also any recommendations on which nightmares are good to unlock?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Spira View Post
    i quit like 8 months ago and just came back. theres so much new stuff to do lol..

is there a priority list for MC3 to unlock? also any recommendations on which nightmares are good to unlock?
    Based strictly on RMs, Cloud and Vaan are pretty big ones (sword dmg +30% and dagger dmg +30% respectively), Luneth's EXP materia (40% chance of double experience) is a pretty big deal too. Some other good ones depending on your situation are the various elemental dmg +30% ones (Ice = Squall, Fire = Vivi, Thunder = Lightning, Pecil = Holy, Garland = Dark that I can think of off hand), other weapon +30% RMs (such as Zell for h2h and Refia for throwing), Rinoa for BLM dmg +25%, Shantotto for BLM dmg +30% with staff equipped, Tyro for dmg +30% when striking weakness, and Orlandu's Thunder God RM (Reduces casting time on all actions by 2/3 for first 25 seconds of fight). There might be some other good ones that I missed.

As for nightmare abilities, affliction break is probably the best overall. Omega drive, meltdown, curada, valigarmanda, and northern cross are all solid as well.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Good news! Curilla and Ayame BSBs will be reissued in the Aphmau/Zeid FFXI event in 6 months or so! It's gonna be a long wait but at least we won't miss out!

Here's the relic list from reddit:

Banner 1

Curilla USB - Party ATK/MAG/DEF +30% and Radiant Shield
    Aphmau USB - 0CT Medica h80, Party Haste and Instant Cast 1

Aphmau BSB - Medica h55, party MAG/MND +30% , Burst Mode
    cmd 1 - Ally Cura and enter Activate mode.
    In Activate mode, 4xST Lightning/Non-ele white magic dmg, ally Cura and remove Activate mode
    cmd 2 - Medica h25.
    In Activate mode, 2xST Lightning/Non-ele white magic dmg, Medica h25

Zeid BSB - 8xST Dark/Non-ele physical dmg with 100% Stun, EnDark, Burst mode
    Cmd 1 - 4~5xST Dark/Non-ele physical dmg, additional hit if target is Weak/Imperiled
    Cmd 2 - 2xAoE Dark/Non-ele physical dmg, self ATK +30% / DEF -30%

Curilla LMR - Medium chance to cover ally from physical dmg, with small reduction to damage
    Aphmau LMR - Small chance to cast HP Stock 2000 on ally when using single target white magic healing abilities.

Aphmau SSB - Party Status Blink and High Regen
    Zeid SSB - 8xST Dark/Ice physical dmg with increased multiplier on lower HP, self 40% max HP heal.

Banner 2

Lion USB - 0CT 9xST random physical dmg, enemy Hyper Break, self Instant Cast 2
    Ayame OSB - 1xST Overflow Ice/Non-ele physical dmg, increased multiplier if target is Weak/Imperiled

Ayame LMR - Medium chance to self Quickcast 1 when using Samurai abilities
    Lion LMR - Small duration increase to status debuffs cast by self
    Returning Relics

Banner 1

Curilla BSB
    Curilla SSB
    Shantotto SSB1

Banner 2
    Ayame BSB
    Lion BSB
    Prishe BSB
    Prishe SSB
    Lion SSB
    Ayame SSB
    Shantotto SSB

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Anni banners where are you?!

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by hyoton View Post
    Anni banners where are you?!
    At anniversary

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

With the acquistion of Vanille's USB and Serah's Meteorblaze, I'm starting to finally get enough mage gear to put a decent mage PT together. WIth that, I have a question. I have Paplymo's Ley Lines as well. And I was wondering if the magic bonuses on Ley Lines and Meteorblaze will stack since they do a collection of different things? Ley Lines is Magic +30%/Haste/Casting time reduction. Meteorblaze is Magic/Mind +30% and Haste. If not I could just use them in place of each other as the situation permits, but it would be sick as hell if they did stack.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

yup, those will both stack. you could also layer RW OK burst on top of those if you want to go wild.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Moridam View Post
    yup, those will both stack. you could also layer RW OK burst on top of those if you want to go wild.
    Hmm, interesting.... I could have some serious fun with this group, lol....

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

550k greens later, ive been able to manage my stamina refreshes to finish the FFII event and the DU for free. I'll spend 5 mythril on refreshes on this lightning phase, and then probably rely on natural stamina for the rest of orbfest.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Classikmage View Post
    Hmm, interesting.... I could have some serious fun with this group, lol....
    alternatively, if you don't care about the attack portion of OK BSB (highly likely since you're running 2 MAG buffs), you could do raines instead; it's mag/def so it will stack with your native buffs as well. with triple buffs, in a single target fight you can just skip the initial C2 for the extra buff and go straight into C1 spam.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

FF2 and FF6 event threads are done, going to work on the others including Nemesis X fight thread later on this weekend.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Robertfb View Post
    FF2 and FF6 event threads are done, going to work on the others including Nemesis X fight thread later on this weekend.
    When are we getting the 11 event?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Ley Lines is Magic +30%/Haste/Casting time reduction. Meteorblaze is Magic/Mind +30% and Haste. If not I could just use them in place of each other as the situation permits, but it would be sick as hell if they did stack.
    Usually (one of rikku's early SBs and lulu's Focus being examples of exceptions) effects that affect the exact same stats in the exact same +/-, but at different/same potencies will not stack; otherwise they will. For example mag and mag/mnd usually stack.

For DPS in general you want to balance buffs and doing actual damage.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Ok, so. I attempted to make a mage A-team to go along with my melee A-Team. I plan to break Serah's 99 cap Sunday night if everything lines up well with this party. I would have loved to have more version of Mako Might/Dr Mog RM's for this group, but I think this setup still seems to mesh decently.

Spoiler: show

SB's for these characters include:

Papalymo: Ley Lines & Enochian Blizzaja
    Fran: Mist Overload & Whip Kick
    Aerith: White Materia & Fury Brand
    Vanille: Convalescence and Oerba's Boon
    Serah: Endless Blessings & Clock Master

I know I'm in the need of some 5* hones pretty badly, working on it though. Since I only have 2 instant SB RM's I felt it best to give them to Serah and Papalymo to get my attack buff up as early as possible. I can start the fight with Protectga & Shellga and use USB to get them back up when the fight starts getting meaty. I've really started taking an interest in DPS that have access to 4* WHM abilities since sometimes when you're in the middle of a fight it can be kind of tricky getting a buff up when it's on you're healer. It also gives Aerith more breathing room with ability combinations as I can use more WHM abilites on her besides Curaja and a buff, it opens her up for Diaga or maybe even a debuff or something else if the fight calls for it. I'm really interested replacing Curaja 5/5 with Ultra Cure at some point but at the moment my Ultra Cure is only 3/5 with 8 charges. It might be enough but I've been kind of worried I'll do it and shit will hit the fan at some point and screw me, lol.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

When are we getting the 11 event?
    April 20th.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

If you have a decent healer burst, chances are 3/5 ultra cure will probably be ok. It hasn't been super common for me yet, but it's nice when ultra cure saves a s/l due to status effects landing.