+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 100 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 89 ... LastLast
    D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Went in for Agrias's OSB on the banner.

Got Orlandeau's.

Next step: use soul of a hero to snag Orlandeau.

From what I'm reading this is one of the better OSB's, yes?

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Ayn View Post

Got Orlandeau's.

Very good.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

With Celes BSB1 as RW, native shout, and an entrust battery, he can easily do 300k+ before the first shout wears on holy neutral endgame bosses. The drawback to his OSB is lack of a non-elemental option, which becomes apparent once we start getting D220 level bosses in events which are almost always omni-resist with 0-2 weaknesses.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Okay, since the Nemesis fight sounds spookyscary to even attempt at the moment, what are your guys' strategy to deal with the immediate lifeshaver off the bat? The only thing I can think of to do it to give one of my SB materia to Yshtola so she can medica off the bat but then my damage is gonna be awful until I can build SB on my support. The only other option is that I would have to take an Instant medica RW but then I would have to set Pro+shell on my dudes and waste ability slots.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Teryu View Post
    Okay, since the Nemesis fight sounds spookyscary to even attempt at the moment, what are your guys' strategy to deal with the immediate lifeshaver off the bat? The only thing I can think of to do it to give one of my SB materia to Yshtola so she can medica off the bat but then my damage is gonna be awful until I can build SB on my support. The only other option is that I would have to take an Instant medica RW but then I would have to set Pro+shell on my dudes and waste ability slots.
    my setup round was:

edge: hastega/last stand SSB
    terra: magic breakdown
    tyro: sentinel's grimoire
    yuna: protectga
    yshtola: shellga

if your starting ATBs are generous, you should have enough time to put everyone on defend before the first ultima goes off. with all of that combined i think boundless ultima did less than 2k per member. the first ultraspark gets blinked out so there's enough time to get an attack break up before the next one lands. with all of that stuff i was able to get around the need for an instant/starting medica, and my first healer SB charges came online during the initial ultraspark wave.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

I don't even think haste is needed from the get go.

Generally if you get mbd, wall, and shellga casted, you're going to survive the first wave.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Ayn View Post

Got Orlandeau's.

You may want to use motes to increase his stats. His OSB is good with 15X and Holy+Lightning but it's the TGCid mode from using his OSB that makes him crazy. For 25s, his casting is 3X faster.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

This could be a fun A team

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I have no idea what my A team is anymore because of all the shit I've gotten recently and my A team was already muddled

OSBs
    Squall (plus en-blizzard SB)
    Terra (plus en-fire SB)
    Onion Knight
    Bartz
    Gilgamesh

Bursts
    Alphinaud
    Vaan
    Yshtola
    Terra
    Agrias
    Kain
    Luneth
    Penelo
    Cloud
    Quistis
    Snow
    Beatrix
    Steiner
    Squall
    Fang (plus en-wind SSB)
    Tifa
    Locke
    Lightning
    Zidane
    Yuna
    Ramza
    OK
    Edward
    Emperor

Then I have other stuff like Shout, Sheepsong, Leylines, Deployment Tactics, Minfilia SSB, Chant, Agrias shield, OK wallbreak, an Imperil Ice (for Squall OSB) and various healer SB's.

It's like I could probably make some pretty nice elemental teams with Imperils and en-spells.

Fire (Locke, Steiner, Terra, Bartz)
    Wind (Fang, Zidane, Luneth, Alphinaud, Emperor, Bartz)
    Holy (Beatrix, Agrias, Ramza, Penelo).

Or could just Imperil Ice and abuse Squall OSB. Or could throw together some sort of mage team (OK, Krile, Alphinaud, Emperor, Quistis, Terra, Penelo). Or just toss together some of the strongest SBs with buffers (Kain, Vaan, OK, Ramza, Yshtola)

Like I honestly don't know which teams to use anymore. It's a nice dilemma to have at least.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I don't even have an A-team anymore except a few key elements. The only character this Fest made sure I kept is OK because I pulled every single relic he'll have for the next 6 months.
    Also got a bunch of healer Bursts but I think Vanille will stay my main for the time being, might use Eiko every now and then for the Crit bonus. I could actually use her for physical heavy fights and Rosa for magicals due to their commands with blinks.
    I could also make a strong mage team now with Quistis, Alphinaud and Maria.

Overall I'm happy, fixed a few realm situations but my Tactics/X teams still need some help. VIII surely got a huge boost between Squall's OSB, Selphie's SSB+BSB combo and Quistis BSB.
    I'll probably have to skip XI's banner though which makes me sad

BG Level

Final Fantasy Record Keeper 2017: All I want for the 2nd Anniversary are a handful of Bard Motes

Kinda wondering what to do now with the pulls I did

It's either 1x banner 4 and 1x banner 1 of ffix
    Or 2x banner 5

What I need is IX synergy ( that both banner 1 and 5 has) but I feel IX synergy wise banner 1 is better.

On banner 5 I'd like luneth bsb eiko USB and cid shout
    While banner 4 I could use agrias bsb to go with her osb and eiko bsb

BG Level

I feel like imperill becomes more and more lackluster lately

(of course this is mostly for people with alot of relic and choices)

But most boss lately has an elemental weakness. And for normal events mobs are fully weak so example imperil fire on an already weak fire mob won'T help much.

For the same point if i mob is weak to fire, and have a fire team available no idea why i'd bring a team dark with imperil dark.

Only real use for imperil lately is for Torment sine they are like half weak only.

just personal opinion

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I would argue just the opposite, actually.

Now that imperils stack, *unless a boss is naturally resistant* any one "element" team can imperil and take advantage of BSB's and OSB's that exploit that element. This leads to increased SB gauge gain, which feeds into more frequent use of those BSB's and OSB's to increase DoT at almost no expense of native mitigation, over reliance on Lifesiphon/Wrath, or allowing mages to take advantage of elemental weakness when it doesn't exist naturally.

This makes mixed parties very balanced, and focused parties extremely potent when dealing with fights.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    I would argue just the opposite, actually.

Now that imperils stack, *unless a boss is naturally resistant* any one "element" team can imperil and take advantage of BSB's and OSB's that exploit that element. This leads to increased SB gauge gain, which feeds into more frequent use of those BSB's and OSB's to increase DoT at almost no expense of native mitigation, over reliance on Lifesiphon/Wrath, or allowing mages to take advantage of elemental weakness when it doesn't exist naturally.

This makes mixed parties very balanced, and focused parties extremely potent when dealing with fights.
    If a mob is weak to fire and neutral to the rest, with how power creep is now. IF you have the fire SB there is no reason to go mixed, by the time you exemple bring his holy resistance low enough, mob will almost be dead or close to dead.

Honestly depends on how strong the off-element abilities are compared to what you have available for weakness.

That said, I think the concept of A-Teams largely died when they started with the realm synergy missions and primary roles were largely duplicated between realms (healer, breaker, damage, and maybe a tank). It's one of my old complaints since true distinction winds up relying on what SBs you pull. Otherwise, the hardest difficulty stuff usually becomes a matter of getting haste/wall/damage buff(s) handled and then whatever you can exploit.

Ironically, I feel like multiplayer could be a bigger breath of fresh air with the 8 person party sizes, but the mix of connectivity issues and forced battle speed make it a largely unappealing endeavor at the harder difficulties.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Do keep in mind, in the not too distant future we will be getting mostly omni-resist mobs on the highest tiers of content with 0-2 weaknesses. You would need 3 imperil stacks to move a 50% resist mob to 10% weakness when you could just use non-elemental or hit the natural weakness for better results. Imperiling an already 50% weak mob is only an effective 13.3% damage increase at 1 stack or an effective 33.3% increase at 3 stacks (assuming you're not damage capping), not to mention, theres no SB gain benefits to imperil in this case as the mob was already weak to begin with.

En-spells on the other hand are a 35.7-50% damage increase for abilities and 57.1-80% damage increase for SBs for the user with just 1 stack needed.

BG Level

So all you stats crazy, what is the max atk I can have before shout + vessel is useless?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    So all you stats crazy, what is the max atk I can have before shout + vessel is useless?
    It doesn't ever become completely useless, but you'll soft cap with shout + vessel at 359 base attack, resulting in additional attack becoming roughly 1/4 as effective. With shout alone its 467 attack, and vessel alone is 539 attack.

With burst mode active (+20% atk), those numbers become 389 with just shout, 449 with just vessel, or 300 with both.

BG Level

The following announcement is scheduled for April 5th at 01:00 AM PDT

The following updates are planned for the Daily Dungeons.

■Updates
    ・Dungeons offering Summon Orbs will be added.
    ・The number of EXP dungeons will be increased.
    ・Dungeons offering increased amounts of Gysahl Greens will be added.
    ・The FF realms that receive Realm Synergy will be increased.

■Update Schedule
    Updates will begin from 12:00 AM 4/19 PST (8:00 AM 4/19 UTC).

* Changes may be made to these times without notice.
    * All Completion and Mastery Rewards in the Daily Dungeons will be reset. Any rewards not already received in the current Daily Dungeons will become unavailable after the update.

MYTHRIL!!!

BG Level

Jp getting crisis core, xiii-2 and x-2 du update starting du37