+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
    Sea Torques
    BG Level

I think I'm going to save my last MC3 and the one from the XIV bonus battles for the next batch of new characters. Arc and Papalymo will be in that batch and I regularly use them.

At the pace we normally have been getting the MC3s, dedicating a single character to Sundailies is usually enough to get them to 99 or close from 80 with Fast Learner. Of course, not all characters are created equal here when it comes to one-rounding, so it may be more tempting to egg up healers or those without good AoEs.

That said, I've kinda been making my choices around a mix of who I have BSBs for and what RM may be useful. For the moment, I think I'm generally covered on RM needs unless something super awesome sneaks in with a new batch. For melee, I have the Sword/Dagger/Knight damage RMs. For mage, I have Terra's, Rinoa's, and Hope's. More on the meh side, but because I have their BSBs, would be Lightning's, Tyro's, Aeris', and Y'shtola's. Once I get V's and XIV's MC3s, I'll probably pick Bartz because his SSB isn't bad, and maybe Cecil for the to-do list since holy damage is situationally useful. And once those are done, we'll probably have 1 or 2 more to play with. Choice will get harder then since I doubt I'll be pulling more BSBs anytime soon.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

When do we get the next batch of MC3's? Got to be soon. Do we usually get them with DU's?

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Xiii event this week

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Cool, guess I can uncap Penelo then. Been using her recently and quite like her.

Also am I right in thinking if I full dive Alphinaud's Summoner tree, he'll get a 12% damage bonus to his BSB commands since they are 'Summoning'? Are there any better full dive candidates (I haven't used any 4* Motes yet nor looked at who gets what)

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Cool, guess I can uncap Penelo then. Been using her recently and quite like her.

Also am I right in thinking if I full dive Alphinaud's Summoner tree, he'll get a 12% damage bonus to his BSB commands since they are 'Summoning'? Are there any better full dive candidates (I haven't used any 4* Motes yet nor looked at who gets what)
    That is correct

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I managed to get Bartz down on the FFV U+ dungeon, but it was a pretty tough fight with this setup:

https://www.ffrkcentral.com/profile/SRrW (had Banishing Strike on Milf) ... am I using proper abilities for the most part? Haven't tried the final Ex-death fight yet, and I'm pretty sure I shouldn't bother with the current Torment Dungeon with this setup.

Also, trying to determine what would be my best setup for a mage party based on the SB gear I have... Thinking Terra, Rydia, Papalymo, Y'shtola, Alphinaud - but Edward, Tellah, and Garnet may also be useful... my hones pretty much suck for mage stuff all around, though.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

You should be able to beat Exdeath 180 just fine. Bartz is a pretty notorious fight, not quite as bad as the first time he turned up and monk kicked the fuck out of everyone first turn, but he's still a bit of a S/L fest unless you stack the hell out of physical buffs/debuffs.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Ok so now I have no idea who/what to slot in my mage team.

OK BSB
    Alphinaud BSB
    Penelo BSB
    Papalymo SSB
    ???
    RW: Wall I guess?

That gives me 3 native stackable MAG buffs (OK, Papalymo, Penelo).

For the 5th slot I could either put in a Healer (and have Penelo dance/DD) or another mage (options would be Ashe SSB, Terra BSB/SSB, Exdeath Endark SB) or something else?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Ok so now I have no idea who/what to slot in my mage team.

OK BSB
    Alphinaud BSB
    Penelo BSB
    Papalymo SSB
    ???
    RW: Wall I guess?

That gives me 3 native stackable MAG buffs (OK, Papalymo, Penelo).

For the 5th slot I could either put in a Healer (and have Penelo dance/DD) or another mage (options would be Ashe SSB, Terra BSB/SSB, Exdeath Endark SB) or something else?
    What options do you have for support? If you have a good support option, you could run OK as a BLM just spamming swift spell and keeping Penelo as your white mage.

Although, I'm kind of partial to the idea of running Exdeath as a darkness mage for some en-darked MM/DZ spam.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kellen Amarian
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Latest app update makes the game look shitty on Android. Not sure what else was added in with this app update.

BG Level

Opinion needed for job motes

I have 40 Spellblade motes atm

I already unlocked Bartz and Celes to R2 for Snowspell

My question is

Is there anyone in the future that we dont have yet that will need access to Snowspell strike?
    2) Who will have better uses of Snowspell (relic base wise) in the future

Squall
    STeiner
    Paine
    Delite
    Tyro

3) I guess it's not worth it to get bartz and Celes to R3 (just for 6% dmg)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I would say Squall right off the bat for Attach Ice.

After that I would rate the listed usefulness of the characters you listed as Paine=Delita>Steiner>Tyro only because you're probably going to have Tyro do something else besides damage if you're using him. None of them really benefit from any native attach or imperil effects, but Delita and Paine are sometimes your only spellblade options in-realm where Steiner can be bumped for Freya and Tyro like mentioned would probably be better suited supporting or healing.

I don't see anyone coming up that would need spellblade. Not sure of FFIV's Cid skillset, but he would be the only one that comes to mind if so.

BG Level

I'm mostly wonderif if i should unlock as many people as a I can

Or just get snowspell as many as possible to dismantle lol

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Orlandu and Ayame are the only 2 known characters we haven't received who can access snowspell strike. Ayame has enblizzard on her BSB, although that was featured in a collab that was skipped and it did not recur on the last FFXI event.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Still hoping we either get the collab or they release that banner during the XI event It only has one proper XI banner after all (not even sure why, they couldn't come up with a second banner with 5 characters?).

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Hada View Post
    What options do you have for support? If you have a good support option, you could run OK as a BLM just spamming swift spell and keeping Penelo as your white mage.

Although, I'm kind of partial to the idea of running Exdeath as a darkness mage for some en-darked MM/DZ spam.
    Vaan BSB, Ramza with all relics and I guess either an Imperil Wind (Zidane, Fang) or Holy (Beatrix plus can Gaia Cross) or Ice (Laguna)

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Also Aiatar is instantly deterring me from mage meta because I'm struggling to even beat the 160 MP with a mage party because he's kicking my teeth in with damage. So either he's way harder than normal for a 160 or this is way worse than my melee parties that just autopilot through any 160 dungeon

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

minfilia mc3 so far away

:/

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Ugh next wave of MC3 please.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast