+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 100 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Ah lol not sure if they Will do coil
    They've added Geryon from FFIV remake and a bunch of other extra bosses (Shinryu was in the last DU in JP).

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    They've added Geryon from FFIV remake and a bunch of other extra bosses (Shinryu was in the last DU in JP).
    RK ads 1 turn to silence it

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Here's how the "new" Barspell mechanic works (it's actually part of some magicites but Aria's BSB is the first spammable source): stacks up to +6 (60% reduction) just like Imperils and it is possible to even absorb elemental damage if paired with proper accessories. Sadly she can't Wrath but imagine what could happen if using multiple sources when they become available... she surely is a nice addition in Fire heavy bosses.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Is it worth pulling on banners for more synergy of a particular element? I seem to recall something mentioning that having elemental attack would be important in the upcoming magicite dungeons

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Aerin View Post
    Is it worth pulling on banners for more synergy of a particular element? I seem to recall something mentioning that having elemental attack would be important in the upcoming magicite dungeons
    I would if the realm had a propensity for that element, like how X's is heavily weighted towards water and 5's toward wind/lightning, but also only if the piece was functional outside of an element team. Theres also a much more uncommon character who is based around a single element getting an event focusing on them, like the upcoming Gogo for water, Luneth for wind, Kain for lightning, etc.

Like for Paine's BSB. Normally for a water team I wouldn't chase it, but since water is a rarely resisted element and the functionality of Dispelga, it works.

I've mostly built element teams by accident (Holy, Wind, Fire, Dark) because a lot of those users have good BSB/OSB's to pair with their realms functionality (Cid Raines, Luneth, Beatrix, Agrias, etc).

What's the easiest source of Memory crystal 2 for where I'm currently at?

From what I'm seeing, my two best choices right now would be Dreadnaught nightmare dungeon 120 difficulty and the current Dreaming's End ??? 120 difficulty mission.

Can I tackle those two missions with my current team of level 65s

Agrias excalibur/gabranth helmet
    Penelo generic rod/hermes' suit
    Gabranth nightmare/gabranth helmet
    Fran perseus bow/
    ramza platinum sword

have 3 of them with lifesiphon, fran with wrath, have all the relevant breaks including magic/power breakdown.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

MC2s: events, nightmares, do motes give them?
    I'd just try them and see how it goes. I have no idea what gear you have or what those do.

EDIT: OK, I lied, I know what agrias's excal does, but still at least say what ssbs/bssbs they are!

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Bring an OSB that hits weakness or hits really hard. Get mob down to 50%, then 2x OSB. Should be fine to do that on the current FFX event (doesn't have weakness)

For Nightmares, Crushdown (Iguions) are weak to holy, so bring a holy OSB (Cid or Agrias) or RW Cid Raines and let your Black mage blow em up.
    Reraise (Gi Nattak) is also holy weak, same deal.
    Curada (Defender Z) you just berserk the mob and win. Can't kill you while he's berserk status.
    Northern Cross (The Four Saints) Bring Edgar OSB and caster to slow (medals). Should kill them in 1 or 2 OSB casts.
    Dervish (Garuda) Cloud OSB once you get him down to 50%.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by JeanClaudVanDamme View Post
    What's the easiest source of Memory crystal 2 for where I'm currently at?

From what I'm seeing, my two best choices right now would be Dreadnaught nightmare dungeon 120 difficulty and the current Dreaming's End ??? 120 difficulty mission.

Can I tackle those two missions with my current team of level 65s

Agrias excalibur/gabranth helmet
    Penelo generic rod/hermes' suit
    Gabranth nightmare/gabranth helmet
    Fran perseus bow/
    ramza platinum sword

have 3 of them with lifesiphon, fran with wrath, have all the relevant breaks including magic/power breakdown.
    You've got a good strong Imperil Holy BSB on one of the better knights in the game.
    You have a party hastega and a boostga, complimenting your physical team.
    You have a stackable Penta-Breakdown BSB.
    You have a potent USB party medica.

There should be no reason you cannot beat 160 level content by RWing a wall or a stackable break effect (Agrias Unique SB, Mog's SB, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    You've got a good strong Imperil Holy BSB on one of the better knights in the game.
    You have a party hastega and a boostga, complimenting your physical team.
    You have a stackable Penta-Breakdown BSB.
    You have a potent USB party medica.

There should be no reason you cannot beat 160 level content by RWing a wall or a stackable break effect (Agrias Unique SB, Mog's SB, etc).
    you were right, my dude. dont know why ive been so shook ever since ff13's elite dungeon's ifrit handed me my first dungeon lost. was coasting by with orlandu, cloud and tyro, but then when ifrit took BOTH RW thunder god and didn't die, i panicked and wut do?

had to take this game seriously by assembling that team. ended up beating both dreadnaught and beat every dreaming's end's mission til sand worm told me to hold this L with his bullshit swallow move that ignores all damage mitigation. Simply didn't have the HP to survive when he spits you back out.

guess ill leave him for now and focus on bringing characters up to 80 and grinding mithrils again.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Special campaign announced by DeNA for the 25th, no extra details though. If I had to guess it's probably another Fat Chocobo Shop accessory thing but we could be getting Bard Motes/ Bard RS/ Angelsoooooahahahah no.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Special campaign announced by DeNA for the 25th, no extra details though. If I had to guess it's probably another Fat Chocobo Shop accessory thing but we could be getting Bard Motes/ Bard RS/ Angelsoooooahahahah no.
    Eiko RD!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Eiko RD!
    Yeah, that's part of the Bards
    But honestly I forgot about the login issues during the FFXI/FFT/Raid events so maybe this campaign reopens those events/MP fights and maybe adds a login bonus on top as compensation.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by JeanClaudVanDamme View Post
    had to take this game seriously by assembling that team. ended up beating both dreadnaught and beat every dreaming's end's mission til sand worm told me to hold this L with his bullshit swallow move that ignores all damage mitigation. Simply didn't have the HP to survive when he spits you back out.

guess ill leave him for now and focus on bringing characters up to 80 and grinding mithrils again.
    Sandworm the ult? Regurg damages you based on how long you take to hit him with a water/ice attack. Just use a spellblade or something, you need to for medals anyway.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Im going to say that this "event" on the 25th is an accessory shop. We're down one that we were supposed to get during Bra Bra/anniversary arent we?

Water and status accessories please.

Heres the reddit listing from ~5 months ago:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKee...gv&sh=929d3a4a

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

To be fair our green/Fat Chocobo shop campaigns have been different from JP for the most part. It could really be anything.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I gotta do an accessory review. Been a while since the last one.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Come on another 10 mythril for 10k greens in shop! (A guy can dream can't he? )

Quote Originally Posted by hyoton View Post
    Sandworm the ult? Regurg damages you based on how long you take to hit him with a water/ice attack. Just use a spellblade or something, you need to for medals anyway.
    I literally hit him with blizzaga blade the moment he swallowed, but still after he spat out my penelo, she got one shotted cuz it did 4k+ damage.

im thinking, my levels just aren't high enough to have enough HP to survive it.

other than that, that fight was totally winnable, because the remaining 4 characters survived long enough to take half bar of health, but eventually wiped cuz i had no source of healing.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

if you're not familiar with the S/L technique, you can salvage a potential/inevitable wipe by force-closing the app and restarting it. as long as you do it before your party actually dies and you get the 'now loading' prompt, it'll restart you at the beginning of the battle with a clean slate. saves you having to waste stamina on a retry if the group is viable (which it certainly sounds yours is)