+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 100 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast
    Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Of course redditors are spamming support about boycotting over the "false advertising" of the Zidane OSB. Surely the prospect of getting slightly more greens on ff9 dungeons only didn't influence people who would have otherwise not pulled to pull on the banner (could have used that mythril or gems refreshing the greens dungeon for much better returns)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Corwen View Post
    Of course redditors are spamming support about boycotting over the "false advertising" of the Zidane OSB. Surely the prospect of getting slightly more greens on ff9 dungeons only didn't influence people who would have otherwise not pulled to pull on the banner (could have used that mythril or gems refreshing the greens dungeon for much better returns)
    Well the relic itself is a long term investment, especially with FFIX green daily around the corner. Then again we all knew the rates from the Jp version so seeing a different one for Global should've been suspicious from the very beginning. It's still technically "false advertisement" and they probably should've done a bit more for those that spent a lot of gems on it.
    I think with the upcoming daily upgrade you can only get greens in the IX dungeon anyway so getting a boost there doesn't seem like a bad idea.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I pulled partially cause I thought that relic was 100% >_> and partially because I wanted 9 gear. If I had known it was an error I wouldn't have pulled on banner 1, and probably pulled on 2 instead. /shrug

Since I quit and recently came back right after that double green event ended, I have pretty much zero greens. This would have been a neat boost to help catch up a little.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Corwen View Post
    Well, Reddit is always looking for free shit but to an extent they're right on this one.

You can't just hand wave an attractive effect like "well sorry lol". It's like having Ramen noodles that say the sodium content is 200mg, so people by and eat shit loads of it. Of course there are people who are going to realize it's a typo but your average person is going to think there's less salt content.

In this case "sorry" alone shouldn't cut it and is largely indicative of a pretty big shift in customer service quality since closing the NA division.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

You guys are right, although I do feel like most of the outrage over it on reddit is pretty fake and its people hoping to get free or discounted pulls over an error that they either knew was a mistake beforehand (based on knowledge of how it works in JP), or it didn't influence their decision to pull. I'm sure some were actually influenced by the initially advertised effect, so that's definitely quite messed up for them and hope there is some compensation for their sake. The standard 20% compensation that has been done in the past for significant advertising errors would be quite appropriate for the situation imo.

As for the bonus effect itself, it's really nothing game changing in the slightest, even if it were a 100% proc rate as initially advertised. I could get 50% more greens from the greens event by refreshing 15 times, netting me 50% more runs resulting in an expected 50% more drops, 50% more EXP, and 50% more completion reward greens (which are not boosted by the weapon) than anyone who merely spends the entire event on it with no refreshes without having to worry about RNG screwing me over. To get the weapon, it would take 4x 11 pulls to have the equivalent of a coin flip to actually get it, so there isn't really that much value in the effect at all for the investment needed to acquire it.

The first incarnation of the greens daily in JP was really only worthwhile because the alternative was doing power/white daily. The current incarnation of the greens daily in JP clashes with lightning/wind daily, so running the greens daily comes with a relatively high opportunity cost. The EXP on both of these is the same as a normal daily, so they end up being quite a bit worse than the current green hunt event. While orb daily mobs don't drop greens anymore (Sundaily mobs still drop random greens), you still get 800 greens per completion for 120 stam, or 3200 a day if you devote the entire day's stam to the daily, or 16k weekly from completions if you do 5 days worth of dailies a week. Unless you're chasing those 100k stam shards or whale hard and need to reforge a bunch of gear as a result, that's more than enough.

BG Level

Oh yea, for sure. I don't care about the relic either. I'm sure most people who pulled didn't care but are trying to ride the gravy train.

It's the same people who are whining about the EXP as though it needs to be better. If Rata can cap all of his cores then it's just people whining cause Reddit.

I was just saying in this case they should compensate people who gem'd the banner or pulled x11 at least once.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

When is the Summoner banner open? If it overlaps with FFT, I would say FFT first. While SMN is a very close second, that's really up to the puller. FFT is something everyone should plan at least one 11 pull.

Edit: For some reason, this posted 12 hours later...

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by theshun View Post
    When is the Summoner banner open? If it overlaps with FFT, I would say FFT first. While SMN is a very close second, that's really up to the puller. FFT is something everyone should plan at least one 11 pull.

Edit: For some reason, this posted 12 hours later...
    Summoner is January 24

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Wait, the X Torment opens in 2 days? The fuck?

BG Level

Yep.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Sorry all, but I may not end up having time to write up boss info for X event, had 4 hrs but ended up using it all on stupid Barthandalus MP 200 fight due to stupid people.

Edit: Still have an hr, so I may just only write up Ultimate, +, ++.

Edit2: Managed to get it wrote up, gonna try and see if I can add the FFX Torment dungeon info before I run out of time.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Changing RW to Garland, which is the exact same as Pecil's BSB but dark, for IX event.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Switched to Raines BSB with IX synergy.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Announced two more features of the new Torment difficulty: all characters starting with the same ATB bar and "Super RS" to help take on these stronger enemies.
    Looks like the "full throttle" mode is going to be a regular thing with normal events as well. Current FF6 event added a full throttle version of the D220 boss with the full throttle version also rated at D220. 60 stam entry cost with the stam consumed only if you beat the battle, with 4* and 5* motes as the reward.

BG Level

No OSB will drop in the LD finally

The Realm Dungeon Lucky Relic Draw is a once-only 11x Relic Draw at half price* available for a limited time!
    All 5★ equipment comes with a Super Soul Break for a FF VIII, FF IX, FF XIV, or FFT hero!

*A Lucky Relic Draw normally priced at 3000 Gems can be purchased for 1500 Gems.
    *A Lucky Relic Draw normally priced at 50 Mythril can be purchased for 25 Mythril.

* If you do not have the sufficient amount of Mythril when using Lucky Relic Draw, Gems can be combined with all of the remaining Mythril to perform the Relic Draw.

Duration
    5:00 PM 1/17 PST (1:00 AM 1/18 UTC) to 4:59 PM 1/27 PST (12:59 AM 1/28 UTC)
    Important
    * The Realm Dungeon Lucky Relic Draw can be used once while available.
    * The 5★ equipment that drops in this Relic Draw is always Super Soul Break equipment for FF VIII, FF IX, FF XIV, or FFT heroes.
    * 6★ equipment will not drop in this Relic Draw.
    * The Relics included are for FF VIII, FF IX, FF XIV, or FFT Super Soul Breaks released before 5:00 PM 1/17 PST (1:00 AM 1/18 UTC). Please note that there may be certain Super Soul Breaks that are not included.
    * Half price 11x Relic Draw applies only to the Realm Dungeon Lucky Relic Draw. The price of other Relic Draws is not affected.
    * If you possess Mythril equal to or higher than the amount required as displayed in the Relic Draw Screen, the option to combine Mythril and Gems will not be available.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

No Bursts either according to that text though. I'll check the list tomorrow but if it's SSB only I'm likely skipping completely or I'll end up with a lot of dupes.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

yeah, if it's SSB only it's a hard pass for me.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Ssb only?? Lol

BG Level

DU 27 description

Important
    * The 5★ equipment that drops in this Relic Draw is always Super Soul Break or Burst Soul Break equipment for FF VI, FF IX, FF XIII, or FF XIV heroes.
    * 6★ equipment will not drop in this Relic Draw.

and DU 28

Duration
    5:00 PM 1/17 PST (1:00 AM 1/18 UTC) to 4:59 PM 1/27 PST (12:59 AM 1/28 UTC)
    Important
    * The 5★ equipment that drops in this Relic Draw is always Super Soul Break equipment for FF VIII, FF IX, FF XIV, or FFT heroes.

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

still a pull for me!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 100 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast