+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 100 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast
    Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    So dailies do count?
    Yes, dailies count for the daily quests. As far as I can tell, every dungeon type currently in the game counts.

As for the keeper's choice banners, banner 2 has a roughly 50% probability of yielding either SG or plat sword per pull, and getting either one of the two is a massive game changer in the long run. The rest of the relics on it are serviceable for a new player, though not great. If pulling here, definitely stop after acquiring SG or plat sword as the value of this banner plummets after that point and you can RW the other where needed. Yes, plat sword can be obtained in the next few realm dungeon lucky draws, but due to the sheer amount of relics in those pools, the probability of actually pulling it from a lucky draw is very slim (<5%) and you only get 1 pull so I would not count on this yielding a plat sword at all. Yes it could happen, but the odds are very low.

Banner 1 is simply not worth it, yes you can guarantee a hastega or medica out of the selection, but odds are you'll quickly chance upon a much better hastega or medica, and you can potentially go 0/11 on the draw itself due to it being a pre-g5 banner otherwise it could be worth it to get some weapons to start off with. It's a short term investment at best, and not a very good one at that imo.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm not saying he should whale on Keepers banners, I'm saying banner 1 is worth one pull to nab a functional Hastega and Banner 2 isnt all suck.

You can get like 300 mythril in the first week playing the game. Yeah it dries up, but if hes just starting now dropping 100 to get a good head start is well worth it IMHO.
    Maybe months ago when hastegas were still quite rare. We have so many options now that pulling on Keeper's #1 is a total waste of resources. Heck those 100 mythril could net him 6* relics.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by JeanClaudVanDamme View Post
    i think i'll hoard mithrils for now until a good banner shows up for characters i like.

doesnt make sense for me to pull right now since im still @ the stage in the game in which my level 50 tyro and cloud are one shotting everything, and every single bosses, even the level 80 difficulty ones are getting one-shotted by Thunder God RW.

game is piss easy right now lol.
    It won't stay that way, and the longer you wait to pull the longer it takes to get orbs and other crafting mats which just hurts you in the long run. We're due for a half off lucky draw on the 9th or so so at least pull on that one.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

RWs can carry pretty far. Even in events, the right ones can carry through the 120s. Same goes for dailies (Shadow BSB and Edge BSB). Keeper #2 is good for Greg BSB, Shout, SG, and Terra's BSB but Keeper #1 is crap. However, you should ALWAYS pull on 1/2 price banners for 25 mythril.

Quote Originally Posted by hyoton View Post
    It won't stay that way, and the longer you wait to pull the longer it takes to get orbs and other crafting mats which just hurts you in the long run. We're due for a half off lucky draw on the 9th or so so at least pull on that one.
    I just got orlandu and ramza from the FFT events + their memory crystals and quickly blew all my growth eggs on them, so I got an a team of level 50 tyro, cloud and one level 65 orlandu just running through even the 80 difficult gafgarion battle.

just had to survive hits til i can quickly hit TGC RW fast enough

still good for now using combined mythril swords and blitz sword. will definitely pull on the half off mithril if it ever comes around.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Tuesday.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by JeanClaudVanDamme View Post
    I just got orlandu and ramza from the FFT events + their memory crystals and quickly blew all my growth eggs on them, so I got an a team of level 50 tyro, cloud and one level 65 orlandu just running through even the 80 difficult gafgarion battle.

just had to survive hits til i can quickly hit TGC RW fast enough

still good for now using combined mythril swords and blitz sword. will definitely pull on the half off mithril if it ever comes around.
    well, it comes tuesday so you don't have to wait long lol

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

About the next FFX event

Tidus and Yuna share an event, getting a CSB and USB respectively. In addition, going forward Ultimate + (160) has been eliminated; the bonus battles will now be Ultimate (140), Ultimate ++ (180), and Apocalypse + (220). The Cid Mission will be at the Ultimate ++ level, and MC3 will now be awarded at the Ultimate level, making them easier for newer players. This and the next Apoc + are pretty difficult, so make sure you are prepared!

Ultimate is the Sandworm ( Ice + water weak)

U++ CM is Spherimorph ( iherd theres a RM that rekts this but forgot which it is)

And Apoc + is

Spoiler: show
    Aeon Battle (Apocalypse +)

(1 STAM)
    Boss HP Weak Absorb Status Vuln. Break Resist
    Valefor 134,831 None None None All
    Ifrit 184,911 Ice1 Fire None All
    Ixion 281,219 Water1 Lightning None All
    Note 1: Slight weakness (50% additional damage)
    Target Scores:
    Lower Valefor's Magic.
    Exploit Ifrit's weakness to ice attacks.
    Exploit Ixion's weakness to water attacks.
    Note(s):
    For those who have been on autopilot for the last few U++, Apocalypse + (at least for this and the upcoming FF IV event), are pretty difficult and they will do hefty amount of damage to your party. You'll face each Aeon individually, and as soon as you defeat one, the next will spawn.
    Valefor likes to slow your party. He has a ST attack which carries with it a 102% chance to slow (this one can be tauntilated), and once he is dropped below 50%, he will use his Ultimate Sonic Wings, which is AoE with a 102% chance to slow. You'll either want Slow Resist Accessories and/or Affliction Break, or simply just wait to cast your Hastega until he is below 50% and uses the ability.
    Valefor uses mixed attacks, and has AoE magic/physical attacks, so both suites of mitigation are recommended.
    On Ifrit's first turn after spawning, he will use his Ultimate Hellfire attack (AoE piercing fire magic damage), so make sure you aren't in critical HP when you defeat Valefor. Ifrit does use mixed attacks, but all of his AoE's are magic-based.
    Ifrit does use his Ultimate Hellfire attack every 5 turns, so try to defeat him as quickly as possible.
    The worst of the three, Ixion, spawns after Ifrit is defeated. Ixion will use his Ultimate Aero Spark attack on his first turn, which deals ranged physical damage, regular dispels your entire party, and has a 33% chance to Stop. He will use it again when he enters his very weak phase at 40% HP, and will use it every 7 turns from the last time he used it. To make matters worse, he'll also use his ST Aero Spark, which also carries with it a dispel.
    You need to keep your buffs up as much as possible here - if you let Wall expire and get hit with an Ultimate Aero Spark with no protect, you'll be taking close to 5K damage to everyone, which has a very high chance of wiping your party. Ixion will also use AoE magic attacks, as well as his Ultimate Thor's Hammer, which deals piercing magic lightning damage.
    Ixion is a beast - keep as many SB gauges reserved as possible and try to end the fight quickly before you get overwhelmed with the dispels and damage.
    As far as accessories, while you may want to equip slow resist, lightning resist would probably be best to help mitigate Ixion's attacks.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Lulu's or Shantotto's BSB on paper I believe would be the go to RW for Cid Raines-ing it.

Really having a hard time deciding which of the X banners to pull on.

My realm Hastega is Tidus, but I also have his OSB so im cautious to rely on him for Haste. I don't necessarily like Haste's tied to healing, but Yuna's USB would be my realm medica for her outside of her Tiny Bee. Auron's SB would dramatically help out a fledgling fire team, and Lulu's abilities would give me some elemental coverage in the ice department, of which I am lacking.

Banner 2, however, gives me another shot at Tidus's burst alongside a very helpful Paine AoE dispel and a stacking Atk/Res debuff with Rikku. Yuna's SSB medica isn't a bad consolation prize, but Jecht's items are all trap pulls outside the Boostga in a realm that generally functions off hybrid teams. Also Kimahri.

BG Level

Lulu's or Shantotto's BSB on paper I believe would be the go to RW for Cid Raines-ing it.

Really having a hard time deciding which of the X banners to pull on.

My realm Hastega is Tidus, but I also have his OSB so im cautious to rely on him for Haste. I don't necessarily like Haste's tied to healing, but Yuna's USB would be my realm medica for her outside of her Tiny Bee. Auron's SB would dramatically help out a fledgling fire team, and Lulu's abilities would give me some elemental coverage in the ice department, of which I am lacking.

Banner 2, however, gives me another shot at Tidus's burst alongside a very helpful Paine AoE dispel and a stacking Atk/Res debuff with Rikku. Yuna's SSB medica isn't a bad consolation prize, but Jecht's items are all trap pulls outside the Boostga in a realm that generally functions off hybrid teams. Also Kimahri.
    Are you saying khimari bsb is bad? Because imperil water is valuable

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

The BSB is fine. The character is not.

And if I want Kimahri for anything, it would be Magic Blink.

BG Level

The BSB is fine. The character is not.

And if I want Kimahri for anything, it would be Magic Blink.
    I wouldnt mind khimari for the X CM torment lol

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

I used him for CM torment. Best idea ever.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

khimari's great tbh, dragoon abilities are solid damage and he's got a spammable mblink. he's been pretty clutch on some of the harder solo apoc raids. i wanted to fit him in my X torment CM run too, but couldn't really make room for him as i needed to bring paine for a native hastega.

BG Level

I have 19/71
    wooo

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

14/71, no dupes please.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

i think i'm at 32/71

still gonna pull though!

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

11/71. I can't believe how outdated my V and X synergy is when looking at that list.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

10/71 here, already know the game will fuck me with dupes since I have nothing relevant besides Jecht for FFX and only have Shout for Ramza and T.G. Cid OSB for Tactics.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

10/71 lol. My X sinergy is awful but I'm pulling on this upcoming event and the next one.