+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast
    A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

next three waves pls. i want to uncap rydia/faris/alphinaud posthaste

i'm sitting on 3 MC3 lodes and i don't have any characters left that i particularly want to triple break. i guess i'll probably default to doing my remaining BSB users that don't see much use like squall/beatrix.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

New Mobius event coming in JP, meh. At least they're adding a Summoner for the realm.

Edit: Also the new Torment difficulty in JP comes with a twist: you start with full SB bars but you cannot gain any during the fight. Mako Might/Ace Striker type materias will have no effect.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Question for Greens daily

1) will it reset other dailies rewards?
    2) w/e it resets or not i'm guessing Greens daily will give 6 mythrils are first time?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Question for Greens daily

1) will it reset other dailies rewards?
    2) w/e it resets or not i'm guessing Greens daily will give 6 mythrils are first time?
    Well it depends. In japan the green daily was simply added on Thursdays with no resets for the rest and you could get the usual 6 mythril rewards but they might decide to add the daily revamp at the same time which means you can only get 2 mythril per day (only the highest difficulty has them as rewards).

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Caught up on everything except Torment.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Upcoming events in JP: VI event for Sabin, IX event for Steiner+Gigi, XIII event for Jihl Nabaat. Also new relics will show up and guess what? They come with Legend materias!
    Announced two more features of the new Torment difficulty: all characters starting with the same ATB bar and "Super RS" to help take on these stronger enemies.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Wat why not Nora Estheim while we're at it?

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

At least Jihl is a fighter

BG Level

But moms are tough.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    But moms are tough.
    Bustlines are tougher.

BG Level

Jill took her leave. The hell is she going to do? Combat? Celerity? She has no magic skills. Dysley would have been a better choice.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Black Magic 3* White Magic 4* Summon 4* Celerity 4* Darkness 5*?

She did have a Saboteur role in XIII-2, with the debuff spells and pro/shell in her skillset. Also could summon monsters. Maybe a support 3* or spellblade 3* in there.

From there, just taking her into that weird mage/celerity hybrid area that Reno has and giving her Darkness for her role as a villain.

BG Level

I keep forgetting she was in that.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Apparently the new level 300 torment in JP starts you off at the boss with full SB bars (but unable to regenerate SB)... Figured they would have put like 9 waves of trash beforehand. Turned out to be rather anticlimactic like this, being able to faceroll the boss with full starting SBs.

Oh and it dropped 3 MBOs for 60 stam, since the stam isnt consumed until victory, FFRK inspector users can very efficiently farm MBOs from it.

EDIT: The possible drops appear to be GPO x5, MNEO x3, MBO x3

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mist Monster
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I have a really stupid question but I did my first raid on Gilgamesh and I took cloud with OSB. But there was another cloud in my group doing way more damage than I could, more than double. So what is the difference? I only have done the 3* motes, I'm pretty sure I have all of his weapons. I'm 99. I didn't put an atk body on, just whatever it auto chose, maybe that's it. my atk was 585 but could have been 638. He was running with a whm so I don't know if there was a that could have been on him specifically.

He did climhazzard first which to me explained the enkido part. but then did 67k to Gilgamesh and I was at like 28k. Maybe an RM did the difference? I had battleforged on. I'm just curious

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

to get his OSB damage up, you need to have climhazzard up beforehand, and having wind+ gear provides a huge boost as well. if you have bartz' cape you'll definitely want to give it to cloud, not sure if there's any wind+ synergy weapons for V that cloud can use though. i took cloud to all of the V MP battles i did and i think 68-70k was around what i was seeing with enwind, a wind+ piece and battleforged.

it's possible you also could've gotten unlucky on timing, like shout dropped after the other person's attack but before yours.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by mistmonster View Post
    I have a really stupid question but I did my first raid on Gilgamesh and I took cloud with OSB. But there was another cloud in my group doing way more damage than I could, more than double. So what is the difference? I only have done the 3* motes, I'm pretty sure I have all of his weapons. I'm 99. I didn't put an atk body on, just whatever it auto chose, maybe that's it. my atk was 585 but could have been 638. He was running with a whm so I don't know if there was a that could have been on him specifically.

He did climhazzard first which to me explained the enkido part. but then did 67k to Gilgamesh and I was at like 28k. Maybe an RM did the difference? I had battleforged on. I'm just curious
    En-element gives a 1.8x modifier to wind based SBs. He could have also had gear that gives a boost to wind element. Bartz's cloak is a pretty common armor to see people using for that boss. It gives a much bigger boost to damage than raw attack when you're over the attack cap like that.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The Air Knife (first Unique weapon ever released for Bartz) also has wind boost if you happen to own that.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mist Monster
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Hada View Post
    En-element gives a 1.8x modifier to wind based SBs. He could have also had gear that gives a boost to wind element. Bartz's cloak is a pretty common armor to see people using for that boss. It gives a much bigger boost to damage than raw attack when you're over the attack cap like that.
    This works on mobs that are not weak to said element? The way you both are explaining sound like it does, just want to make sure. If so that is what I'm missing for sure.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by mistmonster View Post
    This works on mobs that are not weak to said element? The way you both are explaining sound like it does, just want to make sure. If so that is what I'm missing for sure.
    Yes, as long as the mob doesnt resist wind, using clim + OSBs will outperform OSBs alone. If the mob resists wind then the OSB will do non-elemental damage making wind boosting pointless.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast