Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Orbs shouldn't be an issue as I have a ton of everything. I'm a hoarder so only ever hone what I need to clear stuff. Likewise I have yet to use a 4* mote yet although rather problematically I do not have enough 3* motes to dive his BLM tree and also I never bothered clearing the Meltdown Nightmare (because I never used mages)

Someone elsewhere said spamming C1 was better than using C2 + Meltdown. That has to be BS right?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Orbs shouldn't be an issue as I have a ton of everything. I'm a hoarder so only ever hone what I need to clear stuff. Likewise I have yet to use a 4* mote yet although rather problematically I do not have enough 3* motes to dive his BLM tree and also I never bothered clearing the Meltdown Nightmare (because I never used mages)

Someone elsewhere said spamming C1 was better than using C2 + Meltdown. That has to be BS right?
    I imagine going C1 > Meltdown while BM is down > C2 till max charges then C1 till BM wears > repeat. C1 with powerchain is pretty potent.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Basically.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

My mage team usually consists of;

Ashe (BSB)
    Terra (BSB)
    healer
    Onion Knight (BSB)
    Faris (BSB)

Alternatively, I can replace the healer with Onion Knight and put in an extra mage there. Was thinking of doing just that to use my new Alphinaud BSB.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I'm thinking Minifilia or w/e it is needs to be on my A team now, as I have two SBs for her, and her versatility seems quite good, but I'm not sure who she should displace.

Current A team is:
    BSB Luneth
    BSB Vaan
    BSB Zell
    Ramza (Shout)
    SSB Porom

Bench:
    Minifilia (Curtana and Shield)
    Y'sholta (Stoneskin II, Protect/Shellga SB - Really want to use her as main healer, but no Medica hurts bad)

Been using the cat mage more often, giving her Mako for SS2, Mog for Ramza, Battleforged and Ace Steiker for Vaan and Zell, and whatever for Luneth, usually wind damage up.

Does Minifilia's SSB render Ramza obsolete, or does it stack? She has tons of options, as I could give her any of Lifesiphon, Breakdown abilities, Full Break, Curaja, Protectga, Shellga, Draw Fire, etc...

I feel like Vaan is pretty irreplaceable, but Minifilia could replace any of Zell, Ramza, or Luneth.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Francisco View Post
    I'm thinking Minifilia or w/e it is needs to be on my A team now, as I have two SBs for her, and her versatility seems quite good, but I'm not sure who she should displace.

Current A team is:
    BSB Luneth
    BSB Vaan
    BSB Zell
    Ramza (Shout)
    SSB Porom

Bench:
    Minifilia (Curtana and Shield)
    Y'sholta (Stoneskin II, Protect/Shellga SB - Really want to use her as main healer, but no Medica hurts bad)

Been using the cat mage more often, giving her Mako for SS2, Mog for Ramza, Battleforged and Ace Steiker for Vaan and Zell, and whatever for Luneth, usually wind damage up.

Does Minifilia's SSB render Ramza obsolete, or does it stack? She has tons of options, as I could give her any of Lifesiphon, Breakdown abilities, Full Break, Curaja, Protectga, Shellga, Draw Fire, etc...

I feel like Vaan is pretty irreplaceable, but Minifilia could replace any of Zell, Ramza, or Luneth.
    Replace Ramza. Her attack boost doesn't stack with his but I think she has the better skillset anyway (Support and Knight 5*). You'll need a Haste source unless your Porom SSB is her medica. With this you'll have the same effects of Shout+ Last Stand.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

If I can get my hands on Asylum for Y'Sholta, would I be better off using Y'Sholta for Wall, and taking Vessel of Fate for RW/Haste? Seems like I'd get more out of that than giving Mako/Mog to Porom for Haste.

Also feeling like my Record Sphere priority should be getting Luneth the ability to use 4* Support abilities - he often doesn't have much to do other than Lifesiphon, so I think being able to stick a Breakdown ability on him would be pretty huge.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Francisco View Post
    If I can get my hands on Asylum for Y'Sholta, would I be better off using Y'Sholta for Wall, and taking Vessel of Fate for RW/Haste? Seems like I'd get more out of that than giving Mako/Mog to Porom for Haste.

Also feeling like my Record Sphere priority should be getting Luneth the ability to use 4* Support abilities - he often doesn't have much to do other than Lifesiphon, so I think being able to stick a Breakdown ability on him would be pretty huge.
    Probably but you'll need to craft Wrath to get those SB bars and use both. With Minfilia and vaan you really don't need Support on Luneth, get his Spellblade 5* upgrade instead for Tornado Strike.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

How on earth do people actually get SB gauge for mages. Seems to take absolutely forever to actually build up compared to melees

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

unfortunately mages don't get an equivalent for lifesiphon, so the best you can do in most cases is either give them MM/dr. mog, or ace striker if there's an elemental weakness you can exploit.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Replace Ramza. Her attack boost doesn't stack with his but I think she has the better skillset anyway (Support and Knight 5*). You'll need a Haste source unless your Porom SSB is her medica. With this you'll have the same effects of Shout+ Last Stand.
    This. Minfilia is a better player unless you have Ramza stacked to the teeth or you don't have hastega.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    How on earth do people actually get SB gauge for mages. Seems to take absolutely forever to actually build up compared to melees
    Some mages have it better than others thanks to Wrath but you won't be doing any damage with it. Either use a battery character (Wrath+Entrust) or exploit weaknesses (Imperil helps here).

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

An Error Occurred While Loading.
    OK
    Error Code:

BG Level

Wipe cache? Lack of context is present.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    Wipe cache? Lack of context is present.
    Right? That's how I feel about the message...

Happens like 5 or 6 times a day. I was thinking it was an issue with my tablet, but it even happens when I play on my phone. It always happens when entering a battle. I don't know if this makes a difference, but it seems to happen more when I've just changed out abilities or characters and then go into battle.

It's super annoying, especially when it takes 3 mins to load a 30 second battle...

BG Level

Probably a connection issue.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

So I read the "New Year's Greetings from the Developers" in the announcements, and Tetsuya Nomuras note about "...a certain Heroine hasn't made an appearance..." and I instantly assumed he was talking about Female Tyro (Tyra?), but then I stumbled onto the NeoGAF thread where they are talking about FFBEs new "heroine"...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1329921

...is this real life? I'm lost.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Sumy View Post
    So I read the "New Year's Greetings from the Developers" in the announcements, and Tetsuya Nomuras note about "...a certain Heroine hasn't made an appearance..." and I instantly assumed he was talking about Female Tyro (Tyra?), but then I stumbled onto the NeoGAF thread where they are talking about FFBEs new "heroine"...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1329921

...is this real life? I'm lost.
    It is and it's glorious lol. Better left in BE though, I can troll people in Arena matches there.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

So, random question. Are the 4* mote dungeons gone for good? I never got around to even attempting them.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

They should come back into rotation in a few days, no new ones will be added though (future 4* motes are mostly from multiplayer now)