+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Grats Rata! Glad it worked out.

I dont have any wind SB except Fang's OSB (who's level 49 atm) and zero FF3 synergy.

Should I even bother attempting this?

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

You need a fair amount of bursts, hones, and soul breaks to get through a torment. Physical mitigation for trash. Heavy magic mitigation for Bahamut proper. No idea what your situation is but right now just grinding xp and orbs in orbfest is better bang for your stam. Plus Torment and Jump Starts come back so the power creep will help you clear it eventually.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

I wouldn't bother, 300 is giving me trouble.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

That was the most one sided CM torment I've had so far. Now I know how the rest of you bringing osbs feel.

Ugh my FF3 is trash OK BSB is fantastic and pulls me pretty far, I have a wind SSB for luneth, and I have a decent magic blink from Arc, but that's it. Tried it a few ways but just don't have the damage, healing or mitigation for Bahamut. I feel I may be able to pull off the Jump Start but my initial try ended in failure. I actually have a pretty strong wind team, but the problem is getting him down once he starts popping 9k cure's because I have no wind OSB, and my wind dmg is mostly slow and steady (Zidane BSB, Fujin BSB, Alp BSB), and 3 SB bars just isn't enough dmg to get him to vulnerability and have enough left to push him over.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

3/3 CM done. Here's the team.

Luneth - Swordshower SSB
    OK - Onion Slice SSB
    Zidane - OSB
    Ramza - Shout (cast twice) BSB
    Arc - Renewing Rains x2, Word of Kindness

RW Lenna USB

HP stock is really underrated to help absorb the damage.
    Last part of the fight I was sitting on 2x OSB, 3x Swordshower, 3 Full Charge, 1x Onion Slice, and 1 bar for Arc. If I honed TR and Dragoon Dive to R3, it wouldn't have been so tight on the hones.

Ramza sat on his hands after he got his last Full Break off.

Tried with a similar team, except no OSB. No success.

Luneth - Same except R3 on both skills, Swordshower SSB
    OK - BSB, skipped powerchain since I had BSB and added Mind Breakdown.
    Zidane - same setup, no OSB, but BSB and SSB that gives wind enchant
    Ramza - same setup, but r3 TR
    Arc - Renewing Rains and Soothing Light.
    RW'd Eiko for bonus crit+healing. The theory was to use command 1 to mitigate some of the melee dmg (large heal+phy blink) but spent most of the time either healing everyone with command 2 or queuing Renewing Rains.

Soothing light at the start actually brings mega down to a manageable level instead of doing 3k to everyone it did more around 2k.
    Mind breakdown should have helped but didn't make a huge difference because he seems to cure in intervals separate from his regular attack, PLUS the retaliate cure kind of made it moot.
    Zidane just takes too long to wind up (pun!) From the start it's BSB>Mug power>mug defense>mug bloodlust>TR. His Mug Power and Mug Defense should have been a boost for me over your setup, but clearly not enough. His wind SSB actually did somewhere around 50-60k, but I had to use 2 BSB charges to get him just down to 50%.

I'm thinking about dropping Ramza since he mostly just sits there, getting someone that does something, and RW'ing another melee boost. If I do that then I'm lacking healing though so idk

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

My successful d300 mage team cm
    Spoiler: show

All had bsb, used Fujin's ssb for enwind at the end.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

For CM 300 thanks to cloud breaking the game I'll probably do this

Cloud ( bsb2)
    Fang (BSB)
    Ingus ( mdb adb and his protectga Sb)
    Ok ( pdb FB bsb)
    Arc ( renewing rains and the instant heal SB)

Cloud RW

will probably make ingus protectga then debuff
    Ok debuff then bsb then osb x2
    Arc buff and try to keep us alive
    Fang bsbx3
    Cloud hailstorm then bsb2 then c2 then usb then c1 and bsb2 spam

And hope it dies

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Bahamut 300 (CM1): Ysh (2x ss2, 1x bssb), Zack (bssb), Fang (bssb1...and I only realized afterwards that the commands are close range), Luneth (osb), ramza (shout/chant). RW cloud usb. Used the usb to dps bahamut down then kill with osb spam. Not optimal due to no enwind but eh.

bahamaut 300 (CM3): Arc (word of kindness), zack (same), Fang (front row this time), luneth (osb), onion knight (bssb). RW sentinel grimoire. With lower damage due to OK over ramza, I handed out omega drive/meltdown r2s and full charge to inflict some damage in addition to OSBs. And I needed it, because the osbs hit for about 87k as opposed to 95+ (probably was missing a stack of imperil). Worked out in the end though.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

How are you able to abuse cloud USB RW it feels so underpowered for me

I have cloud 99 with BSB2 (truthseeker RW)

So i imperill wind X3 at the start of the fight
    Cloud does Hailstorm
    Ingus ADB
    OK Vessel
    Then cloud does BSB2
    Then C2
    Then RW
    then C1 for 11k per hit
    then BSB2 for 9k per hit

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

The D300? I'd recommend slow walking the start of the fight and saving your damage SBs for ~50% or so.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    How are you able to abuse cloud USB RW it feels so underpowered for me

I have cloud 99 with BSB2 (truthseeker RW)

So i imperill wind X3 at the start of the fight
    Cloud does Hailstorm
    Ingus ADB
    OK Vessel
    Then cloud does BSB2
    Then C2
    Then RW
    then C1 for 11k per hit
    then BSB2 for 9k per hit
    Yeah, even RW'd it really needs a lot of support and hypercarry to shine. Chain, defensive debuffs and crit damage up. I tried it on D300 A-team and didn't bother on D300 CM.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Got it finally. Lvl300 + 3x CM

99 CoD Dire Heal, Meltdown - Dark Fate - ReflectBSB
    99 OKnight - Reflect, Mind BD - Black Magic Doublecast - VoF
    99 Arc - Ultra Cure, Protectga - WHM doublecast - Renewing Rains
    99 Cloud - Full Chargex8, Tornado Strike - Truthseeker - BSB2
    99 Tyro - Full Break, Magic BD - Thundergods might - Sent. Grim.
    RW - Cloud Ultra

The trick was to wait, and not reuse CoDs Reflect BSB until it wore off from the previous use (usually used 2 casts of Dire Heal after it wore before using it again), the reflect damage was free damage that would negate at least one counter-heal each turn. Unfortunately, it kept wearing off near the end so I kept getting screwed with Bahamuts HP recovering when I had gotten him to 2% away from death.
    So, strat ended up being; buff/debuff first round, ride command 2 for both CoD and OKnight, and ONLY Full Charge from Cloud until he was half dead. Once at 50% HP, I rebuffed, used my last Full CHarge, then had Cloud RW > BSB2 > Cmd 1 > BSB2 > Cmd 1 > Cmd 1 (RW wore off at this point) rebuff, RW > BSB2 > CMD 1 until dead... once counter-cure started, ONLY Cloud, and CoD attacked since they were the only two that could do more damage than he would heal, once Reflect BSB visibly wore off, I would reuse it - it was the only way to make it last to the end.
    An 'RW'd BSB2' from cloud would hit for 14k per hit, and Cmd 1 was hitting for about 11k a hit. High Regen and Shell from Renewing Rains was enough to keep everyone out of danger.

Lost 3 medals, 2 to Damage Taken, and 1 to Actions

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

The best way to abuse Ultra CS that I've found is to have crit boost, two attack boosts, and a multi hit attack. Bonus if imperil element is up or a chain is active.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mist Monster
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I hope this latest event comes back, this is just tedious and I'm just too busy right now

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Was able to get through the 200 CM and 250 fights fairly easily. I'm only going to have about 10 mins to attempt it before 9est when stamina is available for 300 CM.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by hyoton View Post
    Yeah, even RW'd it really needs a lot of support and hypercarry to shine. Chain, defensive debuffs and crit damage up. I tried it on D300 A-team and didn't bother on D300 CM.
    Following up: the other thing you want is quickcast. Back of the hand calculations make me think TG mode is a net gain in DPS over a normal RM. Soul breaks that hand out powerchain or quickcast are also good. Tried an all in strat on the omniresist jump start XIV creampuff and it was a lot of fun.