+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level

TG cid was easily my worst character this run but had some use killing belias after the spuds died. Cloud rw didn't run out on ag and basch but i think it was close. All damage easily healed by relm usb.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

took me a couple of attempts, i flamed out with the first one with a sliver left. winning CM3 setup was:

ramza - affliction break/MBD shout/USB/shout
    agrias - protectga/saint's cross BSBx3
    cecil - guardbringer/aegis strike BSBx3
    mustadio - ABD, pentabreak/BSB/pentabreak
    yshtola - shellga SS2/BSB/BSB

RW cloud USB

fully dived cecil's 4* nodes inbetween attempts. that + switching to guardbringer spam at the height of buff stacking covered the difference (~120k/turn vs a lot less from burst commands). it's by no means a blowout strat though, i used every last SB charge and most of my burst modes ran out by the end. prob 1-2 turns away from things really going to shit lol

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

D200/250 Cleared pretty easily with:

Lightning has Lightning+40% from Weapon/Armor
    Agrias has Holy+40% from Weapon/Armor

Lightning: Dislmissa/Lifesiphon - USB/BSB2/LMR - RM: Lightning DMG+
    Agrias: Protectga/Lifesiphon - BSB - RM: Truthseeker
    Ramza: Full Break/Armor Breakdown - USB/Chant - RM: Dr. Mog's Teachings
    Y'shtola: Curaja/Shellga - BSB/Proshellga SSB - RM: Battleforged
    Tyro: DEF- Dance/Heathen Frolic Sarabande - Wall/OSB - RM: Ace Striker
    RW: Cloud USB.

Not having hastega was rough. Really wish Ramza had shout. I usually use Edge for hastega, but decided to go with Agrias for more DPS, since I went into the boss fight with 2-3 SB bars so was able to abuse RW from the getgo on both Lightning and Agrias. Burst Mode on the stages before fights helped with not having hastega I guess.

D300
    Lightning: Thundering Twinstrike/Thundara Blade - USB/BSB2/LMR - RM: Lightning DMG+
    Agrias: Protectga/Guard bringer - BSB - RM: Truthseeker
    Ramza: Full Break/Power Breakdown - USB/Chant - RM: Haste
    Y'shtola: Curaja/Shellga - BSB/Proshellga SSB - RM: Cultured Conjurer
    Tyro: Def- Dance/Heathen Frolic Sarabande - Wall/OSB - RM: Haste

I ran out of steam ~20% and couldn't finish. Ended up around 5% or so. I think I can do it, if I stagger soul breaks slightly.

EDIT: Updated D300.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Why Lifesiphon on the D300?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Why Lifesiphon on the D300?
    My hones are lacking due to orbs, so I don't really have too much to put in :/

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

R2 Thundering Twinstrike or Thundara/Thundaga Strike would have paid dividends (Lightning LMR after all). Even an R2 Saints Cross or R2 Banishing Strike would help a whole lot more for JS than Lifesiphon

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by synistar View Post
    R2 Thundering Twinstrike or Thundara/Thundaga Strike would have paid dividends (Lightning LMR after all). Even an R2 Saints Cross or R2 Banishing Strike would help a whole lot more for JS than Lifesiphon
    I forgot to update parts of what I used for the D300. I made the edit. I'm going to craft Thundering to r2 or r3. I've been putting it off by just spamming CMD1 of BSB2, since I've been clearing content with it until this torment. My philosophies always been not to spend if you're able to get by without it. I think taking Guardbringer to R2 may be wise also. I also haven't dived Lightning yet, and thinking it may be time to do so. She has the 4* motes done, just haven't spent any of the 5* ones.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I R2'ed guardbringer for this fight and it was 100% worthwhile

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Full Legend dive lightning. She will pump out so much more dps from the quickcast on LM2

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Alright, so I legend dove Lightning completely, created Thundering Twinstrike and R2'd it. Also R2'd Guardbringer. I used the same setup as earlier:
    D300
    Lightning: Thundering Twinstrike R2/Thundara Blade R3 - USB/BSB2/LMR (Dual Cast+Lightning+) - RM: Lightning DMG+
    Agrias: Protectga/Guardbringer R2 - BSB - RM: Truthseeker
    Ramza: Full Break/Power Breakdown - USB/Chant - RM: Haste
    Y'shtola: Curaja/Shellga - BSB/Proshellga SSB - RM: Cultured Conjurer
    Tyro: Def- Dance/Heathen Frolic Sarabande - Wall/OSB - RM: Haste
    Changed the way I went about the fight, which is probably the way I should have gone from the get go, but essentinally:

Code:
    Belias JS

Turn 1:
    Y'shtola: Shellga
    Tyro: Wall
    Ramza: -
    Agrias: Protectga
    Lightning: -

Turn 2:
    Y'shtola: Heals
    Tyro: AOE DEF-
    Ramza: USB
    Agrias: BSB

Turn 3:
    Tyro: OSB
    Ramza: Chant
    Agrias: RW Cloud

Turn 4:
    Tyro: AOE MAG-
    Ramza: Full Break > Belias
    Agrias: BSB

Turn 5:
    Tyro: AOE DEF- or Nothing
    Ramza: Power Breakdown
    Agrias: BSB (Gigas die on this turn)
    Lightning: RW Cloud

Turn 6:
    Tyro: AOE MAG- or Nothing
    Ramza: Power Breakdown/Full Break
    Agrias: Guardbringer spam from here on. RW Cloud usually wears off around now due to no hastega when applying it the first time.
    Lightning: USB

Turn 7:
    Agrias: Guardbringer spam from here on.
    Lightning: USB

Turn 8:
    Lightning: BSB2

Turn 9:
    Tyro: Wall
    Lightning: BSB2

Turn 10+:
    Tyro: AOE MAG-/DEF-
    Lightning: CMD1 until damage drops (Usually 8k/hit, when it drops I switched to Thundering Twinstrike
    If I decide to farm this one, or try to (probably will once the Gigas go away. I need Power Orbs out the ass), I think I can clean it up. Instead of taking Curaja on Y'shtola, I think I can bring a single target Haste. Putting that on Agrias should let her make a little bit more use of Cloud's USB I think, since it usually wears off after the 3rd BSB.

I don't think this fight is hard really, it's just that the amount of HP is absurd. Getting the 2 man CM is nice for the extra motes. 3 man definitely won't happen, especially since I lack a native Shout.

EDIT: Formatting and such.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

YEAH first 300 Torment done

and first 3man CM too!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

D300 CM was a joke despite my Tactics sinergy being (mostly) shit.
    Went with:
    -Orlandeau> SSB only, holy boost sword+armor (not sinergy pieces), Saint Cross+ Banishing Strike, Holy Might RM
    -Ramza (fully dived)> USB+Shout, Armor Breakdown+Full Break, Zeal RM (start with Haste)
    -Ovelia (lvl. 80)> SSB medica, Ultra Cure+Shellga, Dualcast RM
    -Tyro> Wall, Heathen Frolic, Protectga, Gathering Storm RM
    -Pecil> BSB, holy boost gear (same as Cid), Guardbringer+ Gaia Cross, Azure Blade RM
    RW: Cloud's USB
    Pecil almost killed Belias on his own. BSB with Enholy and both buffs was doing 20k per hit, Guardbringer around 18k per hit (and with this setup I was getting all 4 hits). Orlandeau wasn't that bad either with his 10k per hit on his SSB and 20k per hit on Saint Cross. After RW wore off both were capping damage at 9999 so it still went down pretty fast.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Had the 200CM and 250 already done. Even CM'd the 250 ages ago for no reason. The 300 took a couple S/Ls, but I got it down.

TGC - Saints Cross // BSB/OSB Whatever the 30% Sword Damage RM is // Holy boost on Sword/Armor
    Agrias - Guardbringer // BSB/OSB // Truthseeker // Holy boost on sword/armor
    Ramza - Full Break/MBD // BSB/Shout/Tailwind // Haste RM
    Y'shtola - Curada/Shellga // BSB/Stoneskin // Thunder God's Might to get the early casts out fast
    Zack - Powerchain/Drain Strike // CSB

Cloud USB RW

Now I know Zack and Ramza obviously don't stack. I just didn't have anything I wanted to bring in Ramza's place, and seeing as I was taking Cloud's RW, I wanted to get as much out of it as I could. That and an emergency Tailwind was ok I guess? I had Agrias use the first Cloud USB and then when I killed the Adds (Pure damage from Saints and such + a few casts of Agrias BSB), I had TGC focus on the main guy with two Swordplays + C1 spam. C1 was doing around 26kx4 per turn and I got off.. I wanna say three of them?

When Agrias ran out of steam, I just had her hitting the boss with Guardbringer. Ramza was just alternating with FB/PBD, only needed one shout (but used a second anyway) then popped his BSB at the end and spammed C1 for a lil additional damage. Zack's whole purpose was to Chain once or twice. Aside from that, he was kinda dead weight, but the supplemental damage he added was nice.

Yshtola was just Yshtola. Stoneskin > Curada a turn or two > Asylum > Tetra spam > Asylum.

Could have also probably brought Lightning as she's loaded with Lighting boost Sword/Armor, fully legendary dived, and has her USB/BSB2, but I decided to go deep in the holy synergy. Only did the fight once with 3 FFT so I had no reason to go back. I'm sure if I wanted to farm it though, I could do so with Lightning.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

FFXII Torment coming in 2 days! It's Mateus btw.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    FFXII Torment coming in 2 days! It's Mateus btw.
    So celes RW for 200 cm

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

That can help if you can slot it in. However they do have NAT attacks as well so you're probably better off equipping Ice resist accessories and using another RW unless you absolutely need the ability use recovery.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Got the FF2 CM and 250 complete last night. Going to try and clear the JS 300 before it fades tonight.

Firion BSB carried me in CM and 250 for sure, but Emperor BSB was clutch in CM. 10k damage on the healing command and ~20 on entry let him be autonomous without me having to heal him and just let him do his thing.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Mateus D200 CM: Had to bring sentinel grimoire because short fuse into ult blizzaga would 1shot my healers. Intense battle that took almost all 45 seconds of vayne's timer to win. Ran a carefully crafted setup of ashe (summoning ixion with protectga shared soul break) vayne (bssb and MM) basch (bssb and dispel/mirror of equity) pen (ssb heal and dances) and larsa (heal/shellga).

Mateus D250: Forgot dispel for protect, obliterated it in 3 casts of lightning usb/RW cloud usb and some kain support.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Pain in my damn ass. All dungeons done, CM300 1-3 done.

Screw those crystals.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Yeah, finished up D300 last night but it was too late to post about it. Took lightning usb and the za and several tries because short fuse combo was working me over. Eventually figured out I had to slow roll it to 50%ish then go all out (by slow roll I mean I used two casts of thundering twinstrike first instead of last)