+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Looking for assistance to build up a 200CM party, kinda having alot on my head atm to work 1 setup.

Here are my SB and levels for XII

Vaan 99, BSB + Unique
    Baltheier 99 no SB
    Fran 99 Unique (3 AOE that lower Attack and Magic) + SSB 8 lightning attacks lower lightning res
    Bash 80 No SB
    Ashe 99 OSB
    Penelo 80 (Intercession)
    Gabranth 80 Fulmination Oblivion
    Larsa 80 SSB (the potion throwing one)
    Vayne and Reks both 80 no SB

I don't care ifi dont master first try i can just go after with A team to master

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Vaan - Powerchain | TR - BSB
    Fran - Tempest Snipe | Mental Breakdown? or wrath?
    Ashe - Ixion | Bahamut - OSB
    Larsa - Curaja | Wrath - SSB - Ace Striker
    Penelo - Multibreak | MBD dance? or Shellga? - auto-attack heal RM

RW either Vanille/Aerith USB (if you bring MBD dance) or Lenna USB (30% Boostga + 3k hp stock)
    Ashe will be doing all the heavy lifting. Fran will have supplemental dps with triple imperil + Tempest. Reason I slot wrath is so you can SB > SSB > SSB and hopefully get enough gauge to refresh ATK/MAG break.

Difficult part will be trash since I left Basch out. If you can figure out where to slot him in, then trash will be easy and you will have a mini-wall to boot. Ice resist on all.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    I don't care ifi dont master first try i can just go after with A team to master
    Synistar's setup is good. I would go with ashe carry as well assuming you have a powerful mag item for her. Mateus has 350k hp plus whatever he gets curagad for so you either need an entruster or the supporting cast to do 50k. Since osb will let you ignore reflect/pro and thus not bring dispel I think that's easier:

Ashe - faith/doesn't matter
    Fran - full break/entrust (I don't think the imperil is a net damage increase but the atk/mag cut might save your bacon and hopefully 5 osbs kills mateus)
    Vaan - steal power/mental breakdown (siphon or TR if you really want I guess; damage is irrelevant so you can put siphon over steal power for QOL)
    Larsa - protectga/curaja, attack becomes healing RM (with protect on you and round 1 tomatos, you should be okay till a ssb heal is up)
    Pen (mbd dance/shellga); attack becomes healing RM (the azer damage is bad but optimally this is not going to be a long fight)
    RW: Does army of one affect lightning spells? If so that would make this fight a breeze assuming short fuse combo doesn't KO you. Otherwise enlightning or something. Or sent grim (this will slow the fight down drastically on both sides).

Trash 1: draw tomatos, use larsa ssb to haste and heal for faster meter gain
    Trash 2-3: kill with vaan bssb
    trash 4: faith and buff up, if you take army of one get killshot with it to save time
    boss: debuff boss, do not hit the azers outside of aoe soul breaks, osb till you win or lose

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Could also approach it how I approached the X Torment CM as I did the first time with really just Tidus OSB and Wakka BSB.

Everyone else is support or healing, someone brings entrust w/ Ace Striker RM and just feeds Tidus (Ashe) meter for OSB.

That should allow you to forget either Fran or Vaan and slot in Basch for the trash mobs. Fran most likely, because 1 extra OSB use makes up for the Tempest Snipe.

I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Also of note, Ashe's default SB is a self 30% +Mag buff, so slightly better than Faith. If you decide to go the entrust route on Fran, you can pop that before you go on your OSB spamming ways. It is only 350k hp you have to burn through. I would guess 4-5 OSBs should be sufficient.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Mateus is a pain in the ass to farm.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

For some reason this JS felt tankier than the previous ones. 3 Ashe OSBs, 2 Lightning OSB+ BSB#2 and 2 OK OSB and it still wasn't dead lol. It wasn't hard but wow.
    Got killed on my first 200 CM try but after changing Fran to Reks and shifting some abilities around it went smoothly. Double Blizzaja sucks.

BG Level

Probably because Mateus doesn't get lightning vulnerable until he hits 50% (Short fuse trigger) on Jump Start. And it's only a 20% vulnerability. So he's kinda tanky. There is a video though of someone doing a Lightning USB for a shade over 50% to dead (550k damage) with a LCSB setup.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by synistar View Post
    Probably because Mateus doesn't get lightning vulnerable until he hits 50% (Short fuse trigger) on Jump Start. And it's only a 20% vulnerability. So he's kinda tanky. There is a video though of someone doing a Lightning USB for a shade over 50% to dead (550k damage) with a LCSB setup.
    That's usually the case for Jump Start Torments though, most of those were used after 50% anyway.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    That's usually the case for Jump Start Torments though, most of those were used after 50% anyway.
    Yeah, but the recent ones haven't been - belias was 50 weak to holy from the start, and the gigases were fragile on top of it. And if the battle goes a while the azers heal back a bit of HP as well.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

i had fran's SSB2 to fill out my CM roster so damage was pretty quick even from the start. didn't feel significantly different compared to the 250, except on the JS the azers were all still up when mateus died.

BG Level

I was gonna say Gigas was element vulnerable from the start. Belias was destroyed by my holy team. He had 1 million HP to boot. And Geo didn't feel as tanky for the A team. I couldn't 3/3 CM Geo since he was quite tanky with suboptimal choice of SBs for FFX.

But for my A team, Mateus felt like a tank, even with triple imperil lightning on him.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I actually cheesed Belias by using Cloud's USB RW so that certainly helped.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

OK going dual healer for farm party is better - relm usb, ysh bssb (although it could really be anyone now that I think about it), ramza (chant/shout), lightning usb and kain usb. Less damage than shantotto but three stoneskins at instant speed makes things a lot more consistent. Not sure if I should drawfire RM on ramza or haste.

BG Level

I have a problem with damage output for this torment. Party is this
    Penelo - MBD Dance | Multi-Break - USB
    Ysh - Curada | Dispel - Pulse & Stoneskin
    Ramza - Swift Bolt | Armor Breakdown - Shout & USB
    Celes - Thundering Twinstrike - BSB2
    Barret or Desch - Imperil Lightning duty

If I had Tyro BSB, I would definitely be slotting him instead with Ixion & Bahamut (or Meteor). I don't have any other Pro/Shellga besides Ysh. I do have Shantoto chain but I doubt I could rack up the % that high to really exploit.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by synistar View Post
    I have a problem with damage output for this torment. Party is this
    Jumpstart right? What's celes's second skill? Imperil is killing your damage here (barrett isn't that strong and unless desch is using physicals he isn't benefiting from shout). Who do you have who does holy/dark/neutral physical damage?

BG Level

I could do the full holy set like Caz farming. But I'm feeling lazy about farming torments after blowing through god knows how many runs on FFX for dark orbs.

BG Level

Just rekted 300 3man CM Mateus with this

yay for 2 healers AOE

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

FFX coming back again.... why?

BG Level

FFRK - Torment Dungeons (You Thought Ifrit Mote was bad? Think again! Edition)

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    FFX coming back again.... why?
    Edit nvm I'm tired