+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 36 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Conceding the fact that I don't have enough FFT synergy to do the JS 3 man. Everything I have is centered on Agrias and Ramza, and while the 200 CM literally melted in 2 Agrias BSB casts I do not have the hones for a SB less TG Cid to carry the load for that much HP on Belias without posion. I also certainly cannot have Ramza go damage mode and have Mustadio play support, mostly for the same hone reasons as there just isn't enough damage output from either of them.

I'll just pull on Meliadoul banner 1 and hope for either Ovelia's SSB medica or Meliadoul's BSB.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Have you tried the Cloud USB RW route? I'm pretty sure that Agrias can carry the whole team on her own with that and some holy boosting gear (better if native). Agrias, Cid and Ramza can cover your CM needs and then simply add another off realm healer and DPS (or secondary healer/wall user).

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Have you tried the Cloud USB RW route? I'm pretty sure that Agrias can carry the whole team on her own with that and some holy boosting gear (better if native). Agrias, Cid and Ramza can cover your CM needs and then simply add another off realm healer and DPS (or secondary healer/wall user).
    Even with just Agrias and 40% Holy gear + BSB, she couldn't solely carry my team. It definitely wouldn't have worked without having Lightning as my second. After all 3 BSBs, Belias is normally around ~50% still. And Agrias' speed doesn't let you get as many actions with RW unfortunately.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by IceSylph View Post
    Even with just Agrias and 40% Holy gear + BSB, she couldn't solely carry my team. It definitely wouldn't have worked without having Lightning as my second. After all 3 BSBs, Belias is normally around ~50% still. And Agrias' speed doesn't let you get as many actions with RW unfortunately.
    That should be enough to kill the adds though. 500k HP is doable with hones.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    That should be enough to kill the adds though. 500k HP is doable with hones.
    I guess it could also be done if he uses both the RW on Agrias once the first one wears off. Guardbringer should be doing ~88k with minimal boostgas (30%) and triple imperil, so at ~rank2-3 it should be enough, especially with a side DPS being Orlandeau doing something.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I was doing 18k per hit with Guardbringer on Pecil with no sinergy gear (was using two off realm holy boosts) so yeah, that seems doable.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Paladin Cecil with bsb can kill the adds by himself with cloud USB and 3x paladin force

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Paladin Cecil with bsb can kill the adds by himself with cloud USB and 3x paladin force
    Was coming here to post just that.

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

i just zerged the main guy down and ignored the adds

don't remember exacts but setup was
    cid-osb
    WoL-chain
    Agrias-osb
    Ramza-shout,USB
    vanille-burst
    RW: SG

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

It was not the adds giving me trouble on JS CM, but Belias.

Agrias BSB easily handled the adds. Even when I paced it out, kept Guardbringer on Agrias for Cloud USB strat and TG Cid with Saint's Cross it just became too much HP to chew through and I was having to use normal attacks with Belias still around 20% HP. Maybe I set it up wrong (with how Agrias chewed through the adds, unlikely), but I just need something else in the realm to be able to complete it.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

If you have Agrias' Holy Knight Charge SSB and have another holy imperil option, you will get more DPS from her. That en-holy and extra potency (7.77+en holy on SSB vs 5.88 on BSB) will gobble up Belias.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Honestly you really don't need anyone else in the realm to clear it. Just add any other DPS in one of your two free slots and it's done, I'm sure there's someone you can use. Heck I had to clear this with Cid's SSB as my only DPS option for Tactics, Cecil did the rest.

BG Level

My 3 man were

Cid SSB
    Ramza shout
    Mustard pantabreak SSB

Then I added yshtola bsb and paladin Cecil bsb

If you have those Sb you can win np

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I don't know how yall did it with just Shout/Agrias BSB native. I run out of hones and SB uses with about 20% remaining at ~20% on Belias.

If I get nothing in DU Lucky and Meliadoul draws, I'll record my run next time its up and show yall whats happening. I literally need either one more source of non-hone reliant damage or the ability to use Ovelia as healer for it to be a win.

Edit: Just realized I may not be communicating this properly. I can clear the JS - zero issue. Rather handily with my holy team.

My problem is using 3 FFT characters for the clear.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    I don't know how yall did it with just Shout/Agrias BSB native. I run out of hones and SB uses with about 20% remaining at ~20% on Belias.

If I get nothing in DU Lucky and Meliadoul draws, I'll record my run next time its up and show yall whats happening. I literally need either one more source of non-hone reliant damage or the ability to use Ovelia as healer for it to be a win.

Edit: Just realized I may not be communicating this properly. I can clear the JS - zero issue. Rather handily with my holy team.

My problem is using 3 FFT characters for the clear.
    Do you have the SB I listed?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Nope. Said earlier I have nothing except Agrias and Ramza stuff. so no Pentabreak or anything else.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I'm actually kind of surprised people cleared it easily with even less. I will note that I didn't take sent grim/ss2 on my run; I had: ag enholy/bssb, za chant/shout, and tg cid bssb (basically irrelevant) with basch enholy bssb and relm powerchain usb as the out realmers. Cloud USB in parallel on both main DPS; +holy weapons only. Pecil is roughly the same as basch here with cloud usb on. What's your healer or alternative to healer options? Do you have any way to focus damage on belial instead?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by hyoton View Post
    I'm actually kind of surprised people cleared it easily with even less. I will note that I didn't take sent grim/ss2 on my run; I had: ag enholy/bssb, za chant/shout, and tg cid bssb (basically irrelevant) with basch enholy bssb and relm powerchain usb as the out realmers. Cloud USB in parallel on both main DPS; +holy weapons only. Pecil is roughly the same as basch here with cloud usb on. What's your healer or alternative to healer options? Do you have any way to focus damage on belial instead?
    See, if I had TG Cid BSB I wouldn't be in this position. If I had Cid SSB I probably wouldn't be in this position. If I had anything for Ovelia or Mustadio or Delita I probably would be peachy.

Ovelia can't handle healing duties alone since I have no realm medica outside Tailwind, so if I take a 2nd healer I hurt my damage output even more.
    Mustadio cant really handle debuff duties on his own, because Mustadio. If poison was a play to be made in the JS, I could probably clear it with him.
    SB-less Cid or Delita are hone reliant. I can bring higher hone abilities (Banishing Strike) on them, but its folly as the DPS drops off at the end of the fight when Agrias is spent.
    Rafa and Malak wouldn't contribute much in damage since I am buffing physical hard. Could bring them as a 2nd healer, but then I would be ditching a dedicated healer in Ovelia.

Here was my set-up for the best attempts when I got in the 20% range on Belias:

Agrias: Guardbringer/Gaia Cross. Truthseeker. BSB+OSB (2x Holy Boost)
    Ramza: Magic BD/FB. Sword Dmg Up. Shout + Chant
    Ovelia (or Cid for Damage): Shellga/Curaja. Healing Up. No SB. (Cid:Banishing Strike/Saint's Cross. Sword Dmg Up. No SB)
    Yshtola: Protectga/Ultra Cure. Doublecast healing. Wall + BSB
    Damage Slot (or Healer): Basch w/BSB, Beatrix w/BSB, etc.

Cloud RW most often. If kits wouldn't allow both pro and shellga, I generally stuck one of the leftover FFT units with shared shellga.

20% always seemed to be the wall on the best runs. Either my healing is fine and my damage hones exhaust after SB's are fired, or Ovelia can't keep up with output and I die.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Using Cloud usb with Beatrix bsb x3 should be enough to take out the adds and take Belias to about 50%, then with Agrias doing osb that should be more then enough with the setup you listed above. Assuming all the chars are 99, also i would take out gaia cross and use saints cross.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

See, if I had TG Cid BSB I wouldn't be in this position. If I had Cid SSB I probably wouldn't be in this position. If I had anything for Ovelia or Mustadio or Delita I probably would be peachy.
    In all seriousness TG cid bssb really was bad here due to slow commands and random entry- it was mainly useful for the 30 atk/def and burst mode buffs and I just used saints cross on him anyway. The rest of the dudes are obviously useless though so you gotta stick with him.
    Basch bssb or other enelement seems better (trix is an ag clone I think which doesn't enelement?). Definitely no inrealm healer with ysh. Do you have enough saint cross hones to run hailstorm on TG Cid? Do you need to use 1 or 2 ss2 charges? (Sorry for all the questions)

Are you putting both cloud usb charges on the carry or are you splitting ag and the carry? If you can hit a decent amount with osb then I'd probably put one charge of ag into bssb to kill adds faster, do command damage (don't need gaia cross or guardbringer in that case) and osb twice at weak mode. That gives basch both usb charges for dpsing. TG cid does uhh jacksquat (sorry Cid). Maybe bring armor breakdown on the za. Or you could take this slower and change into a different RW but either way I think pumping the outrealm carry is the way to go. Apologies if you've tried this.