+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 36 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by synistar View Post
    I was able to clear 200CM with this and you have p. cecil BSB.

Rosa - R4 Ultra Cure | R5 Wrath - SSB
    Edward (80) - MBD | FB - shared medica SB - Healing RM
    Palom (80) - R2 Meltdown | R3 Meteor - SSB - +mag RM
    Rydia (80) - R4 Alexander | R5 Vaelfor - Odin SSB - +summon damage RM
    Edge - Steal Power | R4 Powerchain - BSB - +Katana damage RM (Full Dive, did not use USB)
    RW: Rikku USB

Went into the the boss with Steal Power + +RW up. Powerchained for the last trash kill. Triple Edge BSB on the dragon. Spammed Rosa SSB. Barely crossed the finish line with Edward and Rydia dead.
    Did you have + resist accessories?

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Rosa was the only one with resist paralyze. Edward +MND, Edge +ATK, Ryida & Palom +MAG.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    Yeah, don't think I can do the CM here at all.

Kain + Rydia BSB
    Edward Faithga SSB

Thats it. IV and XII are my weakest realms, certainly need to focus on fixing that.
    If you're willing to redo for CM then it might be worth a shot to use the bard motes to unlock allegro con moto on edward; fire/ice/thunder basically works as well as holy because the weakness is only 20%. Lack of an in realm aoe heal is a bigger issue though-as in "maybe RW yuna bssb2 for command 1 to get fastcast from allegro on aoe heal command" bigger issue. There is a lot of aoe flying around the longer the fight goes on and ult drain is surprisingly hurtful.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Drain is a piercing attack, that's why. Also Golbez doesn't paralyze in D200 and D250 but some adds can (even as a counter).

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

well, 3 man ffiv was easier than i thought

went with:
    p.cecil protectga/saints cross BSB
    agrias gaia cross/guardbringer BSB
    ramza mbd/fb shout/bsb
    rosa curaja/shellga ssb (magic blink)
    edge the 4* and 5* Fire Shooter abilities +Fire SSB

Cloud USB, no wall.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Drain is a piercing attack, that's why. Also Golbez doesn't paralyze in D200 and D250 but some adds can (even as a counter).
    Yeah I ate the counter paras in the trash leading up to the stages and was not pleased even though they didn't last too long.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Well all done, wasn't as hard honestly but it's all thanks to Cloud's broken USB and Pecil spam. Went with Rosa, Pecil and Edward for the D300 CM alongside Tyro and Tittilia.

BG Level

Mastered 250 but with alot of pain

No idea if i can do 300 lol

BG Level

FFIII torment on tuesday

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I think I'm going to pass on farming that one unless I get super desperate...

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Goddamn they REALLY want me to get into the torment dungeons...

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Dr. Mog hitting the bottle early this week

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Okay, so I wasn't the only one getting c-c-c-combo notifications.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Hmm, I don't feel like I should be having this difficult of a time with 300CM

99 Edge - Reflecting Pool, Raging waters - BSB, USB - +30% Katana
    99 PCecil - BSB2, USB
    99 Rosa - Ultra Cure, Shellga - BSB
    99 Ramza - DefDB - BSB, shout
    RW - Cloud USB

for last memeber I have tried
    99 Argias - BSB OSB - +30 Holy
    or
    99 Tyro - MultiBreak, Magic Breakdance - wall

...stated with Tyro for wall, and wasn't killing the dragon fast enough - swapped for Agrias, and had to SL like 12 times because Golbez and his dragon would just rape on one random person the first two rounds - eventually got lucky and survived, killed dragon by using USB on PCecil first, and his BSB2 doing WAY more damage than USB - but then I'd run outta steam on Golbez (had him down to about 5% hp left and shout wore off, then shell, then wall... and we we're dont at that point.

...tried again, this time swapping Edge for BSB Kain with no wall, same thing... I just cant seem to put out enough damage to kill him before buffs start wearing.

How are people handling the high HP of dragon? also, are you hitting Golbez' rotating weakness? - I think the rotating weakness might be my issue, when I get home tonight I'll try giving kain so elemental jumps.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sumy View Post

How are people handling the high HP of dragon? also, are you hitting Golbez' rotating weakness? - I think the rotating weakness might be my issue, when I get home tonight I'll try giving kain so elemental jumps.
    Ele jumps are about the same as a 4 star spellblade so it isn't going to make a big difference. Something is wrong with your setup if you are dying through sentinel grimoire, pro/shell and maybe bssb2's sentinel (I assume pecil has cover LM) - I did it with pro/shell only. What damage are you getting out of the bssb? I prefer using skills instead of reusing bssb if the fight is going to take a while to take advantage of the full enelement duration but there's no way golbez and dragon should do that much damage before the dragon dies (because it gets significantly harder after that).

Wait shell ran off? Yeah something is definitely wrong with either your gear or the actual fight.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Ok, so I'm trying to do torments now and I seem to collectively suck at it. Trying to do the IV 200 one, and I can get to Golbez fine, but I can't bring the shadow dragon down before he starts his dark fang spam. Can get him to about 50%. Bringing Pecil with BSB1, FFT Cid who has Burst, FFXIV Healer with Asylum, Ramza who has Ultra and Shout, and Tyro for wall. My IV synergy is average, but I should be able to take this I would think.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by hyoton View Post
    Ele jumps are about the same as a 4 star spellblade so it isn't going to make a big difference. Something is wrong with your setup if you are dying through sentinel grimoire, pro/shell and maybe bssb2's sentinel (I assume pecil has cover LM) - I did it with pro/shell only. What damage are you getting out of the bssb? I prefer using skills instead of reusing bssb if the fight is going to take a while to take advantage of the full enelement duration but there's no way golbez and dragon should do that much damage before the dragon dies (because it gets significantly harder after that).

Wait shell ran off? Yeah something is definitely wrong with either your gear or the actual fight.
    Shell isn't wearing, SG and Shout are wearing. Shell alone is helpful, but not if Rosa cant AOE heal enough to counter it - her AOE heal is only doing about 1800 per character, and SG-less nukes are hitting for twice that. I think the issues is just not killing before buffs wear (SG and Shout) - but with Edge Kain, TG Cid, Celes and Agrias to choose from - I feel like both the Dragon, and Golbez should be dying quicker.

Using Cloud USB on PCecil gets about 11k per hit
    Using Cloud USB on Agrias gets about 14k per hit, and to both monsters, but only 4 (or was it 5?) hits.

I'm sure I can do this... it's just getting annoying - especially when he paralyses both (and ONLY) my healer and RW user, every... single... time...

200CM, and 250 were cake.

I wanted to do a Pro/Shell only run, but if I don't have wall, someone always dies in the first round - am I just being unlucky? if I could swap out Tyro for... anyone else it would help.

maybe Ill swap Rosa for Y'shtola and Tyro for another DD, and have Stoneskin instead of SG - I know for sure Y'shtola can keep up with healing.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sumy View Post
    Shell isn't wearing, SG and Shout are wearing. Shell alone is helpful, but not if Rosa cant AOE heal enough to counter it - her AOE heal is only doing about 1800 per character, and SG-less nukes are hitting for twice that. I think the issues is just not killing before buffs wear (SG and Shout) - but with Edge Kain, TG Cid, Celes and Agrias to choose from - I feel like both the Dragon, and Golbez should be dying quicker.

Using Cloud USB on PCecil gets about 11k per hit
    Using Cloud USB on Agrias gets about 14k per hit, and to both monsters, but only 4 (or was it 5?) hits.

I'm sure I can do this... it's just getting annoying - especially when he paralyses both (and ONLY) my healer and RW user, every... single... time...

200CM, and 250 were cake.

I wanted to do a Pro/Shell only run, but if I don't have wall, someone always dies in the first round - am I just being unlucky? if I could swap out Tyro for... anyone else it would help.

maybe Ill swap Rosa for Y'shtola and Tyro for another DD, and have Stoneskin instead of SG - I know for sure Y'shtola can keep up with healing.
    I avoided using aoe heal commands on rosa because the magic blink on cmd1 is excellent here, and there was nothing else worth using meter for here (if I'm zerging then 3 casts of bssb entry should be fine; otherwise it isn't much of a zerg). I assume you're running the cloud RWs in parallel?

I just don't see how SG can wear here. 3 casts of SG is 75 seconds. If you're using cloud RW and it goes past like 50 seconds then you're probably going to lose because you're getting max 30 seconds out of it.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by hyoton View Post
    I avoided using aoe heal commands on rosa because the magic blink on cmd1 is excellent here, and there was nothing else worth using meter for here (if I'm zerging then 3 casts of bssb entry should be fine; otherwise it isn't much of a zerg). I assume you're running the cloud RWs in parallel?

I just don't see how SG can wear here. 3 casts of SG is 75 seconds. If you're using cloud RW and it goes past like 50 seconds then you're probably going to lose because you're getting max 30 seconds out of it.
    maybe that's my problem then, I'm NOT using Cloud RW in parallel, just using it on PCecil, then once it wears, on PCecil again - thanks! I'll try this when I get home. I should have thought of this... I initially used it on Edge and PCecil, but Edge didn't seem to benfit from it at all.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    Ok, so I'm trying to do torments now and I seem to collectively suck at it. Trying to do the IV 200 one, and I can get to Golbez fine, but I can't bring the shadow dragon down before he starts his dark fang spam. Can get him to about 50%. Bringing Pecil with BSB1, FFT Cid who has Burst, FFXIV Healer with Asylum, Ramza who has Ultra and Shout, and Tyro for wall. My IV synergy is average, but I should be able to take this I would think.
    Wall isn't 100% necessary for this. Here's my setup on CM-200 and you can go from there.
    Edge - Powerchain | Steal Power - BSB
    Rydia (80) - Bahamut | Alexander - Odin SSB
    Palom (80) - Meteor | R3 Meltdown - SSB
    Edward (80) - Full Break | MBD - No SB. Healing w attack RM
    Rosa - Wrath | Ultra Cure - SSB
    RW: Rikku USB

Idea is to build up as much SB during the trash. Then go to town on the dragon with buffs all at the ready. Helped a lot to have Magic Blink from Rosa SSB otherwise I would have not cleared this.

If not going CM, bring the holy imperil crew and unload all your SBs on the dragon til dead. Then work on Golbez. Magic blink is a plus, so Firion users should have an easy time with this.