+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    Your party setup, not ability right? On Faris you need Box Step + Multi Break (Halting Rumba won't work); everything else looks kosher but you may find it a little crazy. Just go as ham as you can. I think with Celes I had to use Indomitable Blade almost 3 times throughout D200.

Edit: Cor I had never thought of taking a mage meta in there. I wonder how well they'd fare considering how hard the pigs hit.
    Surviving wasn't much of an issue with MBD, shell, and wall up and Y'shtola's burst, although my damage output kinda sucked on D250 with only OK's faithga despite having bursts for all of my mages. Ashe did ~15k ixion casts during burst mode, but vivi and serah were only hitting around 8k on their AoE commands, so I definitely think trying to work in a 2nd faithga would make things go a lot better.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Interesting. I find my damage isn't suffering much at all but I end up victim to RNG. I always get down to about 20% or so then Yshtola is *always* the one who gets it. Of course, without her healing, I can't win so I S/L and restart. That's pretty much been my entire night.

I'm going to master it though. Watch.

Professional Bum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jub Jub
    FFXIV Server
    Malboro
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Ha! physical teams suck, (i'm out of major black and very poor after converting all my orbs)

for trash used ingus + ashe bsb everyone else just attacked, escaped if i ran into more than 1 hydra.
    edit / rw wall

all hones at least rank 3 and basically used everything except for faris's dance.

Spoiler: show

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I finally managed to get champion on the 250 and only lost 2 medals. It took a couple of different setups to do it though.

Kill shot:

Medals:

Setup:

SBs used:
    Alph's burst
    Ashe's Burst
    Pap's Ley Lines
    Penelo's Curaga SSB
    Y'sh: SSII

I started off in the first round with SSII and ley lines for bufff's. I used valefor, meteor and Alph's summons and burst to clear the trash until round 6. Then I got the trash down to one mob left. Buffed up with OK burst then finished him off. I wanted to reapply SSII that round but I wasn't able to until the first round of the boss fight.

First round of the boss fight I reapplied ley lines and hit my bursts. I mostly just spammed ashe's cmnd 2 after hitting the target scores with meltdown. Alph mostly just did a combonation of cmnd 1 and 2, and tiamat. With en-wind, ok burst, ley lines and multi break, tiamat was capping both hits. Papalyamo summoned both uses of OK burst and spammed swift spell after hitting the target score with chain blizzaga. Penelo's medica was pretty clutch too. There was so much incoming damage she pretty much always had it ready to go.

For the most part i didn't really have any problems keeping burst mode up using ace striker and battle forged. When it did drop, I had another SB ready to go. That really helped to minimize the hones that I needed.

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

mastered 200 first try with A team which is all physical, but man it took fucking forever to whittle them down. don't even want to try 250 until I rework my setup, I don't think physical will be the way to go there

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Mage teams can overcome the extreme defensive stats of this new content a lot better than physical at the moment with buff stacking, though we should see an ATK soft cap boost to ~700 in the next month or so that will help balance things a bit. JP also got a soft cap increase to ~805 a few days ago but we won't be seeing that one for a long time.

Also a note, weaknesses on this and future torment dungeons (and most D200+ content in general) are only 50% weakness rather than the usual 100%.

EDIT: Mastered D250 (-3 medals, -1 action and -2 damage) with this setup:

SBs used:
    Y'shtola - SSB and BSB
    Onion - BSB
    Tyro - Wall
    Ashe - Dusk's Decree
    Krile - Sheepsong

It definitely worked out a lot better bringing the extra faithga, and I used Krile as my RW user to make up for not having a burst for her. I also took advantage of the fairy orc waves and took them down to 2 mobs then auto attacked for easy SB gauge. Between Y'shtola's SSB (proshellga + regen) and tyro having Vanille's attack becomes heal RM I could auto attack them indefinitely. Refreshed all buffs before finishing wave 6 and rushed the bosses with AoEs and made sure to hit the target scores.

BG Level

Alright. Mage meta it is.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I finally managed to clear the CM. I feel like I just barely had enough physical SBs to clear it. I was crossing my fingers at the end since wall had run out and the AoE damage at the end is just crazy. It would have been much easier if I had a better selection of mage SBs or even a hastega relic.

My general strategy was to just spam Greg's default and SSB, Bartz's BSB and choco romp, and every SB that Faris has except her burst. Swiss army Faris was pretty much the reason that I was able to clear it. Having her AoE debuff and imperil wind SBs really made the fight manageable.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

hmm yeah i'm pretty sure CM is just not possible for my group. i have good physical synergy & SBs, but shout RW wears way, way before i can turn out enough damage to kill stuff. i could go with a mage team because i have sheepsong, but i've got fuck all else so i'd have to rely strictly on ruinga/meteor/summons which just isn't gonna cut it. i'd be tempted to pull for mage synergy, but since it's split up between two banners and i have dupes on both, lol. ah well, just gonna A-team it later i guess.

BG Level

Too bad this only comes once a month (then seems to disappear), this kind of content is what I really want.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

disappear as not never come back? Or disappear as in like current nightmare fights?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

got really close on D250 with the following setup, but i couldn't close it out:

selphie - R5 curaga/R3 shellga, strange vision (dr. mog)
    ashe - R4 ruinga/R2 chain firaga, dusk's decree (ace)
    rydia - R2 meteor/R4 blizzaja, mournful cry (mako)
    krile - R4 quake/R4 firaja, sheepsong (knight's charge)
    y'shtola - R5 curaja/R5 wrath, asylum/SS2/proshellga (battleforged)

took OK burst as my RW. shoulda grabbed deployment tactics though since i don't need the haste.

it's too much pressure on y'shtola though, having to split between keeping wall up and healing just isn't enough to keep up with damage even with the MND boost and extra heals from selphie. might try again and swap selphie for tyro and give him MBD dance. i think it'll be survivable with the extra mitigation and y'sh free to use all her charges on asylum, but damage is going to suffer badly since i'll be stuck with a single MAG buff most of the fight. hopefully DT makes up for that.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbyprime View Post
    disappear as not never come back? Or disappear as in like current nightmare fights?
    Disappear as in to date there are only like four in JP when there should be six or seven.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

I DID IT!!!!!!!!!

Setup

RM was Grand Cross

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

D250 mastered and cleared! -2 medals on damage.

lucky for me my best AOE magic burst happens to be on a whip user, otherwise i woulda been screwed for synergy, haha. also, krile's bard dive being bugged was a massive help here as well, giving up wrath on y'sh or multi on tyro would've been a killer.

tyro and krile both got fairly low on hones by the end, but it was a very manageable fight for the most part. R3'ing multibreak was kinda painful to do going in, but it was worth it as i definitely would've lost coverage at R2.

deployment tactics RW was baller as fuck, it did a ton of damage even with all the mitigation. i highly recommend it if you can work it in.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

D200 and D250 done.
    D200: I somehow have 3 x-death relics and no grand cross, but I do also have sheepsong so this was a pretty easy core team of x-death, lenna and kururu. That leaves two flex and while I have chocoromp, I went with magic down dance and entrust faris and reta/draw fire greg and indomitable RW. As it turns out, going mag+30/reswhatever into endark into 4 magic blinks+4x8000ish (with some recasts as needed along the way) is pretty good. It was during several failed runs that I figured out you're supposed to TP on the outside mobs, and also that the respawn on the pigs is like 20 seconds or something huge.

D250: Celes (indomitable) tyro (keepers/sent) kururu (sheepsong) vivi (bssb) and minwu (ssb heal - best I've got!). Vivi was the DPS carry but celes did all the heavy lifting, carrying curaja/snowstorm and refilling herself after using everything up in the dungeon. RW OK BSSB and use kururu to time my recasts by going RW->sheepsong->spam command 2 on poison pig till it runs out and then get ready for recasts. Once poison pig goes down most of their attacks are either single target or easy to mitigate with ice gear-not enough poison gear is available to mitigate. Runic may not literally trivialize this fight but it certainly does help if they roll STs a lot.

Daniel Rand
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

is the ffrk central safe to link my account?

i dont know why im having trouble with this. havnt really been taking it serious and keep wiping at boss. was using reta/draw fire and no breakdowns. also is celes runic have to be paired with lure magic at all?

BG Level

It's has safe as anything

I mean they promise they won't do anything and can't access your account data.

So it's your choice, I personally don'T care so

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

I'm confused reading some of these posts.

Don't all three pigs have to die around the same time? Or is it only if one is left alive?

BG Level

you have 30 sec to kill them once 1 dies or it revives

But there's '"2 types of pigs'

the trash (pig with wings)
    the boss