Setup:
    Spoiler: show

SBs used:
    Lenna - USB2
    Dorgann - BSB
    Bartz - USB1
    Galuf - CSB
    Kelger - USB

I've had three runs using this setup that went 90%+. It's mostly an all out offensive build with the minium mitigation I could fit in. I put Lenna and Kelger in slots 1 and 5 to help mitigate critical in phase 1 since I can't fit in protectga. Once last stand up is up later criticals are aren't as dangerous.

Edit:

Finally got him. I switched out earth sabre for power breakdown on Dorgann to help with the physical attacks. I also got real lucky with some double and triple casts in phase 4 and 5.

Spoiler: show

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Seems like Kelger USB is the difference maker.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

FFT Whale is down to 87%. Need more orbs to sacrifice to the Assault Saber monsters.

Tried FFV and NOPE.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

i thought i'd trash the earlier difficulties of FFV but i def overestimated bartz' ability to carry, lol. ended up wiping to 280 at 5%ish, can def tune for a clear but i won't be sub-30ing it anytime soon if at all. not gonna bother touching whale tier, i don't have a chance at hitting 50%.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

LMAO paling for XII torment

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

yeah i saw the alternating palings in the fight description and i'm not even gonna bother lol. only USBs i have are vaan & fran and i think i've got uhh... penelo's unique for a boostga?

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

I had to bring Cid XIII in to even come close to winning thanks to my synergy.

Literally forget about ??? with my crappy spread.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

who do I put in the middle slot to avoid getting one-shot?

other than that, first attempt was 48 secs

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Whoever you got with the major dark resist item. 48 sec for ??? or D280?

I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

280 down in 37 seconds. Could be faster but solid for a first attempt. I still need either Ashe USB or BSB to really go faster.

Have no idea how I will be doing the ???. I don't even have time to use a SSS on Reks. I'm usually using his BSB C2 (%heal) or dispel.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by hyoton View Post
    D240, but once I figured out how to keep someone from dying it was easy, now stuck at 46-48 on D280...

Moved Basche to the middle slot, he took the initial attack, and the follow up single target and somehow survives with maybe single digit HP - which is enough time for Larse to pop his BSB and keep everyone rollin'

My XII soulbreaks arn't as horrible as they used to be, but this realm kinda sucks overall...

99 Ashe - Voidtech, C. Thundaga - BSB, Glint, ASB, LMR1 - TG Might
    99 Larsa - Curada, Proga - BSB
    99 Basche - banishing Strike, Assault Saber - BSB, OSB, LMR1
    99 Reks - Shellga, Lifesiphon - BSB
    99 Penelo - Tango, Jitterbug - BSB2

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by hyoton View Post
    D240, but once I figured out how to keep someone from dying it was easy, now stuck at 46-48 on D280...

Moved Basche to the middle slot, he took the initial attack, and the follow up single target and somehow survives with maybe single digit HP - which is enough time for Larse to pop his BSB and keep everyone rollin'

My XII soulbreaks arn't as horrible as they used to be, but this realm kinda sucks overall...

99 Ashe - Voltech, C. Thundaga - BSB, Glint, ASB, LMR1 - TG Might
    99 Larsa - Curada, Proga - BSB
    99 Basche - banishing Strike, Assault Saber - BSB, OSB, LMR1
    99 Reks - Shellga, Lifesiphon - BSB
    99 Penelo - Tango, Jitterbug - BSB2

BG Level

You can do 280 without Pro/shellga. Here's my not-so-optimized setup for a 37.

Vaan - R4 Slice and Dice | R4 TR - USB - Argent Hero
    Ashe - R4 Voltech | R4 Chain Thundaga - ASB - +30% vs weakness (+20% element weapon)
    Penelo - Curada | MBD Dance - USB - TG Might
    Reks - SSS (Only used once) | Dispel - BSB - Mako Might
    Balthier - R3 Flame Offering | R3 Burning Snipe - BSB - LD + LMR - Truthseeker (+40% element armor/weapon)
    Magicite - M: Seraph ; S: Tiamat, Evrae, Firemane, Garuda

Remember Reks can play WHM + Chain builder this fight with his BSB Command 2. Can back row him if needed. Ashe should carry you just fine even without a boost. Her cycle will probably be Chain Thundaga til you can glint then spam Voltech until fight is done. ASB during high chain + Phys immune. I hit for 3x 85k without en-lightning so you should cap. You want to have a MBD slotted if/when he goes magic immune. The other breaks aren't as highly needed.

BG Level

Edit: Dubs cuz the forum is breaking

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by synistar View Post
    I've noticed that actually -- although I've been bringing Pro/Shellga, Larsa is so busy healing, and Reks is so busy stabby-stabbing, I usually forget to use them. Fortunately Penelo usually gets Last Stand up before the boosted Darkja.

My Vaan, Fran, and Balthier have EVERY SSB on their roster... but nothing higher - it's sad, every time I've tried to fill out my XII team I get like ~900 Basche relics.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by synistar View Post
    I've noticed that actually -- although I've been bringing Pro/Shellga, Larsa is so busy healing, and Reks is so busy stabby-stabbing, I usually forget to use them. Fortunately Penelo usually gets Last Stand up before the boosted Darkja.

My Vaan, Fran, and Balthier have EVERY SSB on their roster... but nothing higher - it's sad, every time I've tried to fill out my XII team I get like ~900 Basche relics.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

66% on zodiark with a little room for improvement, but not much. Having to bring haste, shell and pro on abilities is kind of a pain. Alternative might be to use archadian draught...
    Also I could put more hones on the dark users but eesh that seems like an iffy investment. Wish I had vayne USB all of a sudden.
    Maybe I should try out the heavy skills on gabranth...

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Thank God I don't have to pull on XII. Managed to get a 35 on D280 Zodiark with:

99 Gabranth / darkness heavy combat duo / BSB / Truthseeker
    99 LD Ashe / R4 Valigarmanda + R5 Chain-Thundaga / LMR + USB / Attunement II
    99 Basch / Banishing Strike / BSB / T.G. Mode
    99 Reks / R4 Snowspell Strike / BSB / Mako Might
    99 LD Larsa / Protectga + R4 Curada / BSB / Dr. Mog's Teachings
    Magicite: Enkidu / 2x Evrae + Seraph + Isgebind

Opened with Protectga and Basch tanked Slot 3 with 1% HP till Larsa could use BSB. Ashe was obviously MVP.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Ugh, I can do 240 Jenova in 30 secs... but he piles on the spells right at the end, and Aerith cant keep up with just BSB1, LM1 and Full LD >.<

Second attempt I literally died at 99% at 27.23 seconds, I couldn't even see his HP >.< so close

Forth or Fifth attempt and I noticed Clouds "chance for wind double attack" LM wasn't equipped... whoops. Win.

BG Level

Seesh, the final 20% of the VII-240 is brutal on the magic damage. Sub 30 it though. Will only sub 50 the 280 I think. Need to pack more mitigation and only have so many ability/magicite slots. I won't hold my breath on tonight's pull though to make this torment smoother.