+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast
    Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

I still can't push past phase 4 for VI-whale because of the stupid sleep. Limited options for slot saving is really hurting me the most. Though I haven't gone through all the iterations of a party to see if I can skip a phase. Possibly with Strago USB + instant cast Terra + Locke OSBs.

And 32 seconds on T-0 280. Pretty much have to find the right burst to skip Phase 3 death on slot 2 and the right amount of heals and when to fire off Sice BSB to time it after the dispel.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I really need to start trying the DWhale torments for rubies.

I have sub 30's on every 280 so far, but no attempts on DWhale at all.

I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

I have 3 masteries (6, 15, T) and 1 full clear (T) I think I can get 3, 7 and 12 mastered if I put the time into it. 6 is my next closest clear. Haven't tried again since I got Relm glint (instant cast Cura) to supplement her BSB

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by synistar View Post
    I have 3 masteries (6, 15, T) and 1 full clear (T) I think I can get 3, 7 and 12 mastered if I put the time into it. 6 is my next closest clear. Haven't tried again since I got Relm glint (instant cast Cura) to supplement her BSB
    6 and T are probably my two top realms for clear potential. I see your last FFT post was 45 or so seconds. Was the "full clear" for Tactics down to a sub 30?

BG Level

Nah. It was a bit after I got Marche + Ovelia USBs and I suck at counting turns. But a clear is a clear. Now with healing smite I should have a faster run. Still lack Ramza LMR though

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

I'm thinking of how to approach VI without a chain, and I think you just cleared it up for me.

So far 8 is my only 100% clear, with Tactics being the only Mastery. I've completed all ??? except IX IV and VI.

BG Level

Hmm, I haven't tried for the 50% complete across the board. That would add 4, 8, 10, and 13. But the time investment blah.

And another VI iteration would be Celes with Healing Smite + Shellga and Terra with Dark Ifrit over Vali.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

34s on VI torment d???. Not going to get much better than that without actaul ults on locke and terra instead of bursts.

(Setzer is involved, purely as a debuffer, and amazingly he's actaully really important).

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I still can't push past phase 4 for VI-whale because of the stupid sleep. Limited options for slot saving is really hurting me the most. Though I haven't gone through all the iterations of a party to see if I can skip a phase. Possibly with Strago USB + instant cast Terra + Locke OSBs.

And 32 seconds on T-0 280. Pretty much have to find the right burst to skip Phase 3 death on slot 2 and the right amount of heals and when to fire off Sice BSB to time it after the dispel.
    What do you have for it? I had two strong fire aosbs (locke, terra)but my only offensive ult is edgar.

BG Level

Celes USB/BSB1
    Terra USB/BUSB/OSB/Glint
    Strago CSB(would use realm chain)/USB/BSB/SSB Mighty Guard
    Relm BSB/Glint
    Locke USB1+2/BSB1+2/OSB

On deck - Setzer USB/BSB/LMR. Kefka OSB. Sabin Medica/Esuna SSB.

Hones - R4 Chain Firaja, Chain Waterja, Fire Assault, Vali, Dark Levi, SSS/Blastspell, Healing Smite, R5 Curada.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Hmm not bad but that relm is a problem although I saw clears where people do it with only burst. Heavily pimped out terra and locke might make up for it.

Did you get a chance to try setzer? I ran shell-less and it worked okay.

BG Level

It's not the incoming damage nor my damage output. It's the 2nd sleep throwing everything off. And I haven't tried the new tech yet. Maybe this weekend I'll put some time for Magicite and Torments.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

It's not the incoming damage nor my damage output. It's the 2nd sleep throwing everything off. And I haven't tried the new tech yet. Maybe this weekend I'll put some time for Magicite and Torments.
    The way that I dealt with sleep was to just eat the first one, then use basic attacks to wake up the slept characters. I saved unicorn for the second sleep just because it was way harder to recover during that phase than the first sleep. I don't have enough spike damage to pull off a phase skip but this worked well enough that I was able to get a sub-minute mastery.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Relm USB isn't just about healing, it's about the overheal to eat the aoe move before and instantly plonking people awake after, which I had to do for first sleep. Burst actively shuts off that functionality. Strago can do it too but has much less flexibility due to cast time.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hada View Post
    The way that I dealt with sleep was to just eat the first one, then use basic attacks to wake up the slept characters. I saved unicorn for the second sleep just because it was way harder to recover during that phase than the first sleep. I don't have enough spike damage to pull off a phase skip but this worked well enough that I was able to get a sub-minute mastery.
    Yeah I think that's the way to go; at least the two attacks right after the second sleep aren't so bad...

BG Level

Pushed phase 5 for FF6. Sucks 4-manning the back half of the fight. Not sure if I could even fit in the reraise materia.

Edit: FF12 69%. Always die just before a new tier of rewards hah.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

got rem's USB2 off a 100gem and realized i'm actually pretty well situated for t0 so decided to give this a go. managed to master 280 at 33s and i'm sure i can sub-30 with some fine-tuning

deuce (LD) - curada/hastega, TGC. BSB
    rem - ultracure/???, MM. USB2 (also USB but doesn't get used)
    cinque (LD) - stone press/grand charge, heavy+. USB
    ace - chain firaja/meltdown, DMT. BSB, enfire LMR
    king - tempest snipe/MBD, lit+. USB

couldn't get my second USB2 off at the tail end of the fight and finished without rem or deuce alive. i was already screwed on sub-30 at that point though. might be worth doing a dive on ace or king to shave some time since they both get IC3 LM2. other than that, deuce USB would probably put me over the top as i could then use rem's second charge for USB into holy spam, but with AASBs on the horizon it seems silly to throw mythril at this banner.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Decided to attempt my first D??? with FFT and got him to 8% before dying, had Agrias die at 50%, so I'm sure I can win if I don't do stupid mistakes like that again.

Party: Marche USB, TG Cid USB/LMR, Ramza BSB2, Agrias OSB, Ovelia USB/LMR Unicorn magicite. All LD except Agrias. Mainly did this for spirit motes to LD Elarra for 5* magicite.

Edit: Mastered at 47 seconds! Using Ramza to entrust TGC and timing Agrias OSB to land at end of chain helped push me through! Now I'm halfway on spirit motes to LD Terra.

Professional Bum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jub Jub
    FFXIV Server
    Malboro
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Wiped at 99% on D??? FFXIV the potato woulda killed it.

Spoiler: show

edit: cleared it next run

BG Level

FF6 full clear 49 seconds. Been trying a few others. Though it is silly that I tried 13 without Serah and Sazh not 4* dive lol.