+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

All 3 have to die within 20 seconds of the first one dying or else all that are currently dead will revive with full HP and trigger delta attack.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

D250 is a bit hard for me so i'll just wait and pull on Summoner nightmare and DU28 and hope

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kainos View Post
    is the ffrk central safe to link my account?

i dont know why im having trouble with this. havnt really been taking it serious and keep wiping at boss. was using reta/draw fire and no breakdowns. also is celes runic have to be paired with lure magic at all?
    Runic doesn't have to be paired with magic lure, it does that naturally. What is your team like?

Daniel Rand
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by hyoton View Post
    Runic doesn't have to be paired with magic lure, it does that naturally. What is your team like?
    im trying to figure that out now (joined ffrk central - cant find a party planner thing, do i have to put the party together in game app and then wait for sync? i was hoping i can create a party on the site)

but was using papa with ley lines, tyro (bsb, retaliate/draw) ysh (ss2) celes and alphy bsb

BG Level

Can anyone evaluate this team please?

I have a heard time killing the trash, witt this setup

I did some tweak, like Giving Meteor to Krile and giving Valefor + Ruinga to Alphinaud but it doesn't work out much.

I tried giving R2 titan to Hope instead of Alexander since the fairy orcs absorb holy, but no good

Alphinaud DMG is really bad, like 3k with Emergency tactics, maybe giving him witch and saving Emerency for later would help more?

Maybe my gear is not strong enough?

I'm really sad that i can do CM 200 but not 250.

Here is all my mages relics if you guys wanna help me build a team

Yshtola : Aetherial Pulse, Asylum, Stoneskin II
    Strago : Aqua Breath, Sabre Soul
    Tyro : Celebration Grimoire, Cyclone Grimoire, Last Judgement Grimoire, Sentinel's Grimoire
    Serah : Clock Master
    Golbez : Cosmic Ray
    Alphinaud : Deployment Tactics
    Vanille : Transcendent Dream, Oerba's Boon, Miracle Prayer
    Selphie : Trabia's Light
    Rinoa : The Brothers
    Porom : Sync
    Garnet : Divine Guardian
    Hope : Divine Judgement
    Yuna Dragon Roar, Miracle Veil
    Papalymo : Enochian Blizzaja
    Lulu : Focus
    Mog : Heroic Harmony
    Edea : Ice Strike
    Penelo : Intercession
    Tellah : Last Gasp
    Arc: Soothing Light, Renewing Rains
    Krile : Sheepsong
    Relm: Portrait of Lakshmi
    Exdeath : Neo Almagast
    Quistis : Mighty Guard
    Terra: Magitek Missle

So my issue is not survivng but it's mostly DMG

I plan to pull on summoner's banner, but not sure if that will make me magicly win

Relic Shield
    BG Level

im trying to figure that out now (joined ffrk central - cant find a party planner thing, do i have to put the party together in game app and then wait for sync? i was hoping i can create a party on the site)

but was using papa with ley lines, tyro (bsb, retaliate/draw) ysh (ss2) celes and alphy bsb
    Do you have any AOE heal or damage options? No AOE heal in that setup and no magic breakdown (but eh since their mags are so high anyway). And alph is only ST and refilling with command 2 is slow.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

im trying to figure that out now (joined ffrk central - cant find a party planner thing, do i have to put the party together in game app and then wait for sync?
    Unfortunately yes, that's how it works You setup your party as you normally do ( in this case, go into the Torment fight so synergy is reflected )
    with your expected loadout. Then go to the site and sync. Wait 2 minutes, refresh, and post screenshot of the build.

Daniel Rand
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbyprime View Post
    Unfortunately yes, that's how it works You setup your party as you normally do ( in this case, go into the Torment fight so synergy is reflected )
    with your expected loadout. Then go to the site and sync. Wait 2 minutes, refresh, and post screenshot of the build.
    darn

Quote Originally Posted by hyoton View Post
    Do you have any AOE heal or damage options? No AOE heal in that setup and no magic breakdown (but eh since their mags are so high anyway). And alph is only ST and refilling with command 2 is slow.
    ysh medica2, healing grimoire(lol?) also off top of head i have vanile, aeris and arc aoe heal. for aoe dmg i have yuna bsb, terra ssb dont think i have that many mage aoe.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

darn

ysh medica2, healing grimoire(lol?) also off top of head i have vanile, aeris and arc aoe heal. for aoe dmg i have yuna bsb, terra ssb dont think i have that many mage aoe.
    Melee AOE is fine too but yuna BSSB works. The general idea I'm getting at is to build her for MAG and use her to clear trash instead of using draw-reta. That frees up hones on tyro to build meter faster or run intimidate+something else (I think all trash here is paralyzable? Anyway, you need some form of crowd control at the very least for your sanity's sake). Use the waves to build meter and prebuff. I used a sent grim, Sheepsong and tyro BSSB during the dungeons for context - first wave was two fairies so I killed one and built meter on the other. Then for the boss you have an AOE DPS available - not optimal since yuna bssb1 has no enelement or weakness for more damage, but it's still AOE hitting 3 targets instead of 1. I would run battleforged/ace striker on the AOE character to guarantee you have enough meter to keep burst on the AOEr. Just food for thought.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

@rata-

one native BSB that happens to be holy elemental means getting thru trash alone is gonna be rough. damage is respectable with 2 MAG boosts if you have a base of 500 or so, but even then it's not amazing. i had to alternate BSBs with sheepsong on to get thru the trash without burning thru too many hones, and that was on characters with synergy weapons.

with low damage, it's unlikely that 4 multibreak charges will suffice either.

tl;dr get different bursts and a couple stat sticks

Professional Bum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jub Jub
    FFXIV Server
    Malboro
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

@ rata one of my first builds had Refia with Mako Might and I just used commands to get through the trash and refreshed when necessary, it works pretty well unless you run into two+ hydras.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Video of my previous D250 setup, except I changed Ashe's build to include r3 tiamat instead of ixion.

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

posted pics of my fight on discord, was able to take down d250 with my only damage output being exdeath with grand cross, using meteor and meltdown, and OK with his bsb magic command. have vanilles bsb so she kept everyone alive. took too many actions tho so I didn't master. slight rework and I'll get it later.

BG Level

I did another thing! D250

Medals

Rewards
    Spoiler: show

Setup
    Spoiler: show

Professional Bum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jub Jub
    FFXIV Server
    Malboro
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

yay now 99 your y'sh!

Daniel Rand
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Grats on 250s. I barely cleared 200 myself, 10 more seconds would have got hit with delta but I squeezed out mastery

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

went back and mastered 250. feelsgoodman

need to do 200 CM now. I know I can kill them with exdeath, just need to figure out how to survive without...OK using vessel, tyro SG, and vanille bsb, lol.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Bumbles View Post
    yay now 99 your y'sh!
    Don't have any reason to. She's never close to dying and her RM sucks

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mertron View Post
    went back and mastered 250. feelsgoodman

need to do 200 CM now. I know I can kill them with exdeath, just need to figure out how to survive without...OK using vessel, tyro SG, and vanille bsb, lol.
    Look at post 34 in this thread posted my CM setup, maybe you can find a setup similar

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Cleared 200 with CM and mastery. Somehow only lost one medal for KOd characters. And apparently en-fire gives resist fire? Krile was resisting everything triton was hitting her with, and she wasn't wearing any resist element gear.