+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
    Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Either way, you really can't count on silence staying on that long. I hit the target store and ignored silence the rest of the time.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

A 296 MND Tyro only had it last for a turn or two. Maybe if I had Ysh instead it would last maybe double the length at best.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Seal Evil on Aerith is a good option too if you can spare the SB gauge.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Silencega landed the whole fight for me.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

CM down. Relics and setup:
    Zack - apocalypse, meteor shots (bssb); armor break and boost (the one star one)
    cid - big brawl; windjump (didn't use) and silence shell (did use)
    aerith - regenerate (used in the dungeon) shared healing medicas (didnt use) and seal evil (too stronk); curaja/shellga
    cait sith - medica, didn't use; full break dance, curaja
    barret - shared protecga, magic breakdown and entrust (entrust is also too stronk)

After some failed rws with indomitable and sentinel I went with luneth and put it on cid and zack for their bssbs. RNG only occurred at the start of the battle in landing silences, then reapplying to avoid spells. I got hit by a fira from the soulfires and various spells but nothing too bad- I mitigated fire over grav. I probably would have been ok the other way around but my goal was to force weak and very weak phases ASAP to get him into a debarrier->gravity loop. This was something I had to do with meltgemini - with multiple forced moves on phase transition that can't kill you I found it safer to telescope the battle over using sent grim to lengthen it.

I saw a true poverty setup on reddit using meltdown and indomitable rw which looks like it'd probably work. It sure was fun doing 5 or 6k per hit with big brawl and apoc though and basically killing him in 6 total soul breaks.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Heres where i'm at in planning for CM. Sky High is at R2. Torn between Luneth Eternal Wind RW or Wall.

SB's:
    Cid Shout
    Tifa Burst (destroys trash mobs)
    Cloud Blade Beam
    Aerith Healing Wind, Seal Evil
    Cait Sith Shared Medica, Shared Shellga

Main idea is pretty straight forward, Cid shouts + silences, Cloud does damage, Tifa clears trash and then switches to Dolphin Strike for boss.

Worried Heathen Frolic Sarabonde wont be enough damage mitigation alone without Wall, but worried if bring Wall as RW then I dont have enough damage. Using Luneth BSB on Cid is really going to wreck with Sky High.

Spoiler: show

Relic Shield
    BG Level

D250 : Brought celes and meteor shots (zack bssb). Trash was harder than the actual fight. Much harder.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by hyoton View Post
    D250 : Brought celes and meteor shots (zack bssb). Trash was harder than the actual fight. Much harder.
    Yeah I'm looking for a good trash setup for 250

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

I was lucky to have Cloud's BSB to help clear trash. Celes with R2 tornado strike helped since a few moves during trash waves can be absorbed by runic.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

I took Tornado Strike (Cloud) and Darkmoon (Orlandeau), and chewed threw trash super quick even on 250. As for silence, I was able to keep it on 100% until the fires possessed someone since Y'sh had somewhere in the realm of 600+ MND.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Yeah I'm looking for a good trash setup for 250
    What I usually use for trash, on both 200 and 250, are protectga and/or shellga, a DPS bssb/reta and one or two of the RMs that give healing. A healing bssb can be used over the RM but I actually had some trouble managing meter. Whatever you use, as long as you can get enough mitigation to have infinite sustain eventually you'll get enough meter to activate bssbs to clear trash or further heal up. In my case I have tyro bssb and the recently pulled rosa bssb, but I used pulse kindness on healers before I got one and it ends up being similar.

So my setup ends up being something like: trash DPS carry (kit is to gain soul break meter as fast as needed and some support abilities), boss DPS carry (pure damage), main healer (pulse kindness or increased healing RM), tyro (tank) and a utility buffer (in this case ramza with entrust and wrath to shout and increase boss dps carry's meter).

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

With mage team, on this particular D250 my tactic is to get round 1 down to 1 mob, then spam intimidate on it to paralyze lock it and let everyone else auto attack to build up SB. I also have someone with pulse kindness RM to get a small heal from their auto attack to help keep everyone up without using up hones. This gets everyone to 2-3 bars depending on RNG with intimidate and then I use AoE commands from BSBs to smash through rounds 2-5.

The party I've been farming D250 for MBOs with, for example:

Y'shtola - Curaja r5 / Wrath r5/ Mako Might / SSB + BSB
    Tyro - MBD Dance r2 / Multi Break r2 / Pulse Kindness / Wall
    Ashe - Drainga r5 / Intimidate r5 / Lightning DMG +30 / BSB
    Vivi - Drainga r5 / Meltdown r2 / Devotion / BSB
    Raines - Memento Mori r2* / Wrath r4 / Dark DMG +30 / BSB

*Used silence for mastery run

RW - Endless Blessings if I can find one (MAG/MND hastega), otherwise Onion BSB

With this setup, I open with Y'sh SSB for proshellga + regen, wrath for SB with raines, and work my way down to 1 mob on the first wave. Use intimidate on the last mob and auto attack, recasting intimidate every 3-4 rounds until out of intimidate hones, at which point everyone is at 2-3 bars. I recast Y'sh SSB, then trigger Vivi and Raines BSBs and use their AoE commands to rush straight to round 6, buff for the boss then smash through round 6 and proceed onto the boss with everyone still at 1-2 SB bars.

This tactic can be done by using blindga on a worker instead of intimidate on FFX, and the fairy orcs on FFV are weak enough to where protect + pulse kindness can heal through the damage of 1-2 fairy orcs without a debuff.

EDIT: A variation of the above tactic for the FF7 torment can be rolling until you get bloatfloats for round 1, and carrying protectga + some form of party regen (such as kirin or memento of prayer) and pulse kindness should allow for auto healing through 1 bloatfloat's damage while auto attacking it to death for SB.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Getting squashed in the last 40%.

Ive gotten the timing down on the initial Seal Evil and hope it hits both, and if I time it right then their first action after it fading is possession.

Caith Sith was having to do too much with Shared Shellga and Magic Breakdown, so I think ill just ditch protect for the trash mobs and hope for the best. Also ditched Full Charge on Tifa and gave her Armor Break, hoping for more damage from everyone.

I think the setup I posted earlier is workable. Just need a little luck on the Gravity spam vs fire magic. Can't wait to do the 250 stress free.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Yeah, throwing the towel in on CM for now. Ive wasted enough stamina on trying to get it through. Best was 20% with near perfect gravity use only to have a Firaga and Meteor b2b ruin it. Needed 1 more turn to que up that last burst of damage, saved 1 last Sky High, Cloud had 2 Blade Beam uses, and Tifa was fully buffed for Eternal Wind's cmd 1.

Set-up I posted works perfectly fine. Even removed Protectga on trash to make Cait Sith's life easier and added Armor Break on Tifa for a little extra damage. I've got more than enough damage even without the Burst SB strat saving hones, but if I bring a Wall RW then Aerith and Cait can't keep up on the damage as their heals run out around the same 20% mark. Just going to IB it and be done.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Torments back tomorrow. I'm not ready for the II one. Josef suicide gloves, firion wild rose vow and minwu ssb. It's kind of like I have a boostga?!

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

i have a few good SBs for II, mainly just minwu's SSB and gordon's goddess bell and hybrid boost. not sure if that's enough to carry a CM team though, i'll probably just A-team it to start and do a pull on the next II banner to shore up my synergy a bit.

Prime Minister of Salt

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Omega Deathbringer
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I hope they add a torment banner for it since they did for VII cause I sure as hell need ANYTHING that's NOT Minwu's instant Medica(7*)

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Doesn't look like there will be a lucky banner for this one, at least, it hasn't turned up in any datamines yet. This cycle will have an FF2 event to pull from (next week) unlike last month which didn't have an FF7 event to pull from.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Corwen View Post
    Doesn't look like there will be a lucky banner for this one, at least, it hasn't turned up in any datamines yet. This cycle will have an FF2 event to pull from (next week) unlike last month which didn't have an FF7 event to pull from.
    Likely but we don't know yet. The FFII event might be delayed due to the anniversary stuff starting next week. Either way, gl if you don't have II sinergy.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

I'm actually not worried about synergy, but without Maria burst I dunno about my odds.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast