Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    Got through CM and mastery of the 200.

Spoiler: show

But can't seem to get very far with only 1 healer in a physical party. I'm just worried if I bring 2 healers then I won't have enough firepower for 650k HP. Any of you 250 winners mind posting parties or strats?

Seems Dreamstage doesn't eat tsunami as I had hoped it would.
    for 250, i think my party was:

tidus - sapphire shot R2/lifesiphon R5, BSB, scholar's boon (weakness+30%)
    tyro - waterja/meteor, SG, MM
    faris - armor breakdown/???, BSB, ace striker
    y'shtola - curaja/shellga, BSB/aetherial pulse, battleforged
    ramza - ???/lifesiphon, BSB/shout, dr. mog

RW was deployment tactics.

i think faris had wrath and ramza had MBD, but neither of those slots particularly mattered. faris basically just cycled burst > power > magic > armor and then burst was up again. similarly ramza cycled shout > burst > BSB1 BSB1 LS shout. i just made sure to put on pulse/wall/shout right before killing wave 6, i didn't especially miss the protectga off pulse on the tail end of the fight where it had probably dropped.

i didn't bother with KO accessories to get the most out of deployment tactics, y'shtola had no problem keeping up with solo healing. without a healing burst though i imagine this would be really tough to solo heal.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

It's just that 2nd healer poses party issues.

Like FFV Tormentl, it just seems like I'm missing one of 2 main ingredients to make a run successful. Between Selphie and Vanille options for Curaga medica, and Wall options with Yshtola and Tyro, I don't see myself having issues with long term survival.

If I rely on RW shout, I don't get a long enough push with it having only 2 uses, which gets me bringing Ramza in slot #3.

Im just at a loss and can't seem to figure this fight out. Which is double aggravating because I did the CM at 200.

@Moridam: I think the difference between Tidus OSB and BSB is whats holding me back for this fight with a build like that, also the healer BSB freeing up that 2nd healer slot for someone like Faris (or in my case Wakka with his BSB) or being able to gear Tyro for damage over healing or support.

Theres just too many trade-offs in whatever I set up between party spaces and RW options. Tidus BSB or Healer BSB would make my headaches a lot easier.

2 Healers
    Support (Ramza leaves me with less mitigation, Wakka leaves me relying on Shout RW limited uses).
    Damage 1 + 2 means im sacrificing dealing with trash or not having enough for the boss.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I'd say try 2 healers, ramza, and your two best DD bursts. RW deployment tactics. Use one of your DDs burst commands to get through trash. By the time burst wears off they should be at or very near another bar. Everyone else should be attacking, you should be at/near 3 bars by the time you get to boss.

Dont use RW until at the boss, you'll want every second of it you can get. Also skip the KO accessories like moridam mentioned. DT is straight 1:1 reflected dmg, so eating ~4k regurgitates will give you ~20k dmg to the boss every time he does it if you're at full HP. DT won't be enough on it's own, but it should be enough to get you across the finish line.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Cleared these with my A team, even with 2 healers my FFX group doesn't stand a chance at all. Also had two shared medicas and used little to no abilities during the trash (had Wakka with Mustadio's 99 materia and Tidus with BSB for packs) but the boss doesn't give a fuck and just murders me at 20-30% or so with AoE spam I have no way to recover from, Shellga/Protectga/breaks helping but not saving my ass anyway. I'll wait for the next FFX event and save some mythril, hopefully I'll be able to snatch a few more relics and hopefully a Yuna medica along the way.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Dreamstage will eat a tsunami but regurgitate's gravity attack eats both magic and physical blinks (the blink takes effect on the gravity damage as normal). I run:
    Vivi (BSSB drainga, red hat, drainga/chain firaga, ace striker) - DPS carry
    hope (BSSB drainga blindga, devo)
    kururu (ssb sheep song, waterja/shellga etude, pulse kindness)<--- healer for trash since I have on bssb
    yuna (miracle veil, curaja/r3 protectga, lionheart) <-- use protectga on trash liberally
    tyro (magic break/down/full break, ace striker, bssb and sent)

Yuna and vivi at 80, everyone else 99. RW is cid raines. Build a bar on first trash with blindga, PK and protect; beat up on trash with vivi bssb till I hit a non YAT non bomb wave, blindga and build to 3, obliterate remainder of trash. Geos I don't RW till about 75%, then go all out. Sent up is the primary goal, use bssb for blink and more DPS with cmd 2 when possible. Yuna avoids curaja unless chaos rod stock is on. Low HP just have to stock as much as possible.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    Ive got the KO Accessories no problem.
    Anyone have luck with Tidus BSB as a RW? The main idea being why don't I do my normal method of clearing trash through Tauntaliate, and then get more out of my Tidus OSB's from using his BSB RW?
    What is the osb damage like? Are you running an entruster? Unless you can kill him from 50 in 5 or 6 osbs (the hp bar is deceptive and 50% is lower than it looks at least to me) I wouldn't do that.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by hyoton View Post
    What is the osb damage like? Are you running an entruster? Unless you can kill him from 50 in 5 or 6 osbs (the hp bar is deceptive and 50% is lower than it looks at least to me) I wouldn't do that.
    Wasn't running an entruster on 200 CM, relying on Powerchain and Lifesiphon.

With OSB Sword and Quina Hairpin water damage plus, 30% Sword RM, Shout, and Wakka's Full Breakdown I would get ~51k. Without shout would net 34-38k depending on debuffs applied. I'm assuming En-Water would bring that total to high 60k into the 70k range. Would still take 8-10 OSB uses through that method not accounting for BSB output. Though with me being able to bring Wall, stronger medicas, and native shout without having to worry about CM for 250 makes that plausible.

Here is where I am at now in attempts. Bringing Minfilla adds En-Holy burst damage plus pretty strong BSB commands that give appropriate breakdowns at the same time under Beatrix's Imperil Holy. Yshtola for Aetherial Pulse and Wall, kept together with Wrath. Minfilla's presence allows Ramza to be a little more open in his SB use, with the water ninja magic there for medal condition but also mostly for the SB gauge building for Shout and emergency heals with Tailwind. Vanille's ether medica over bringing Selphie for Dreamstage is to both take full advantage of Deployment Tactics for RW use, and to restore cure uses.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

[QUOTE=Kirin;6846768]

With OSB Sword and Quina Hairpin water damage plus, 30% Sword RM, Shout, and Wakka's Full Breakdown I would get ~51k. Without shout would net 34-38k depending on debuffs applied. I'm assuming En-Water would bring that total to high 60k into the 70k range. Would still take 8-10 OSB uses through that method not accounting for BSB output. Though with me being able to bring Wall, stronger medicas, and native shout without having to worry about CM for 250 makes that plausible./QUOTE]

Oh, so your OSB is very well supported. The defense increase from 200 to 250 is marginal, maybe 10% relatively less damage? Enwater is +80% on a soul break so armor breakdown might take you to 90k or more.
    In that case the tidus enwater BSSB RW and your original set up make a lot of sense to me and I think your best bet is something like tidus/selphie (put a magic blink on during the trashphase so it's precharged for the boss)/ramza/tyro or ysh/flex (entruster, debuffer, etc). 325k hp at 50% hp means you need at least 4 osbs to kill from 50 (meaning you need an entrust) but 4 turns in weak phase is far better mitigation than durdling around in it.

If you have wakka's fullbreakdown bssb - that's how I read your comment about wakka applying full breakdown - wakka might not be the worst idea since he can do power/magic/full break/downs and still carry a wrathtrust, though obviously his damage would be useless and you'd need someone else to help tidus with the first 325k.

The deployment tactics attrition method works but I think is going to have more RNG than the osb blitz. Plus until we get the atk cap boosts phys is at an increasingly large disadvantage vs mag.

EDIT: OK I fail at quotes but please bear with me

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

The new The Feast of Souls Torment Dungeon will open at 5:00 PM 2/7 PST (1:00 AM 2/8 UTC).
    FF VII heroes and equipment pack extra punch in The Feast of Souls Torment Dungeon.

The previously released Dead from the Deep and The Ravenous Deep Torment dungeons will reopen.

Now's the time to get 3★ and 4★ motes in Multiplayer or Solo Raids and strengthen your party!

The most ferocious enemies to appear so far lurk in the Torment Dungeons!
    Face extremely challenging foes formed from the heroes' lingering feelings of regret and loss.

LD probably that day too

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Too soon! LD better be SSB+

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Too soon! LD better be SSB+
    I'd imagine it would be considering they already know that people won't pull if the LD has access to tons of outdated relics (7 amongst a bunch of others has the most in terms of outdated relics too), also all of our LD have been SSB+ lately too. Not surprised its coming out before Aerith USB considering they translated 2 Torment Dungeons and Aerith USB isn't till March.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

This lucky is a full price I'd imagine?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Odesseiron View Post
    This lucky is a full price I'd imagine?
    Don't imagine why everyone is so sure its full price when there has been nothing stating it being full priced, I imagine Reddit is just assuming its full price since Abyss Luckies are full priced.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Lucky draws are always 1 time pull banners, and half priced with exception to the black friday BSB lucky banner being full priced. The abyss banners haven't been marketed as "lucky draws" ever since the format changed to unlimited pulls with full price, while this new torment banner is marketed as a lucky draw based on the datamined images.

Most likely, it will be half priced, 1 pull, and SSB+ like the recent dungeon update lucky draws. If its not curated at all, the value goes way down since basically all of the non SSB+ items that would be present are worthless at this point in the game.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I'm kind of looking at it as a trap banner myself.

I mean, I'm loaded up pretty well on accidental FF7 gear (Angeal's SSB, Zack Apoc, Barret Breaks, Red XIII ether, etc) but nothing groundbreaking. On top of that, Tifa's burst is all but neutered for this Torment.

If I have trouble doing the CM, I'll probably give it a pull at the risk of screwing up my Fujin 2 attempts. But otherwise I'm hoping to abuse Indonesian Blade + Meltdown on CM and then ravage the 250 with the same concept.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I consider it a sort of trap banner myself, but looking at it from a SSB+ perspective, the only repeats it'll offer me will be Vincent's SSB2, Tifa's BSB, Sephiroth SSB/BSB, Aerith SSB, and Red SSB2, making it so the premium items on the banner will be Angeal SSB, Reno SSB/BSB, Cloud BSB/OSB (BSB is still pretty useful, just not top tier), Aerith BSB, Barret SSB/SSB2 (Don't have any ATK/DEF or hyper breaks, so he is useful if I pull), Zack SSB/BSB (Don't have any native hastegas for the realm so Zack SSB will be solid), Cait Sith SSB, Yuffie SSB/BSB, and finally Cid SSB/SSB2 (Want goggles for Wind+ armor and Cid Shout would be nice for CM).

So gonna pull and then wonder why when I 1/11 pull Red SSB1.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Hard pass for me. As much as I could use a medica, there's just so much useless crap that I don't need. Last thing I want are more useless gunarms or either Red XIII SSB relic.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Regarding the torment lucky draw for tomorrow night:

The Lucky Relic Draw is a once-only 11x Relic Draw at half price* available for a limited time!
    All 5★ or higher equipment is guaranteed to be Overstrike Soul Break, Burst Soul Break, or Super Soul Break equipment for FF VII heroes.

* A Lucky Relic Draw normally priced at 3000 Gems can be purchased for 1500 Gems.
    * A Lucky Relic Draw normally priced at 50 Mythril can be purchased for 25 Mythril.
    Duration 5:00 PM 2/7 PST (1:00 AM 2/8 UTC) to 4:59 PM 2/17 PST (12:59 AM 2/18 UTC)
    Important * The Lucky Relic Draw can be used once while available.
    * All 5★ or higher equipment is guaranteed to be Overstrike Soul Break, Burst Soul Break, or Super Soul Break equipment for FF VII heroes.
    * The Relic Draw includes equipment released before 5:00 PM 2/7 PST (1:00 AM 2/8 UTC). Please note that there may be certain equipment that is not included.
    * Half price 11x Relic Draw applies only to the Lucky Relic Draw. The price of other Relic Draws is not affected.
    * If you possess Mythril equal to or higher than the amount required as displayed in the Relic Draw Screen, the option to combine Mythril and Gems will not be available.
    Source: https://www.ffrkcentral.com/blog/201...cky-relic-draw

Expected relic pool: http://i.imgur.com/EnHAwxh.jpg

EDIT: My bad, was already posted in the main FFRK thread

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I have 1 OSB and 1 SSB for this realm (both on Cloud).
    I'm pulling lol.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    I have 1 OSB and 1 SSB for this realm (both on Cloud).
    I'm pulling lol.
    I'm with ya. Even though I'm down past my threshold I like to be at (seems to be a theme in my life this month) I have 1 relic from ff7 and that is barretts unique. So yeah. I gotta pull just to improve synergy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast