+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
    Sea Torques
    BG Level

Well, my first attempt at the CM was a complete disaster...

One tip that I can give is to make sure that everyone's health is topped off before the boss round. The thunder gigas like to start off with an AoE thunder that hits really hard though shell and thunder resist accessories.

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hada View Post
    Well, my first attempt at the CM was a complete disaster...

One tip that I can give is to make sure that everyone's health is topped off before the boss round. The thunder gigas like to start off with an AoE thunder that hits really hard though shell and thunder resist accessories.
    this was a surprise on 250 difficulty. had to leave my first attempt and retry because I couldn't get buffs/debuts up before he hit everyone with a 7k thunderbolt, and that was with shell up.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Updated my RW with Maria's BSB if anyone needs: ePuN

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

yeah i forgot i was on round 4 and didn't put up sentinel/refresh pro/shell etc. and the opening round can absolutely flatten you (~5k thru shellga, so I had to S/L and have my lower HP characters defend to survive it). gonna have to go back to master D200, my ice caster died before the spell went off for the medal condition and i didn't notice so i lost 5 medals in the end.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

CM cleared with this:

SBs used:
    Minwu - Will of the White Mage
    Gordon - Shared Medica
    Josef - Snows of Death
    Leon - BSB and Darkborn Blade
    Guy - Gaia Drum

Rerolled until round 1 was 2 ogres, then auto battled through them after putting proshellga up which gave everyone 2-3 bars going into round 2, and got everyone to full bars going into the boss round to quickly zerg down thunder gigas and heavily damaging the other 2 with AoE SBs.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Waiting on emperor and a FFII draw to do the CM. In the meantime did D200/250 with normal mage party (vivi and quistis bssbs, tyro bssb/sent, rosa bssb, kururu sheepsong). The trash does a ton of damage but has no break resist and it's a good reminder why break resist is a thing. Except the magician, that guy was a jerk. After getting a feel for D200 trash I found it easier to liberally soul break the D250 trash and have about 2-2.5 bars for the gigases. AOE'd the gigases on D200 but went single target for D250; I probably could have gone pure AOE though since I was pretty tanky.

Starting to think I should make a second wrath so I can do rosa and quistis wrathing.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

This was super easy for me, both CM and 250.
    Used Leon with HotE (Gaia Cross and Biora), Maria and her amazing BSB (Meteor for trash and Faith), Josef with ice AoE+ HP% Medica SSB (Magic Breakdown and Meteor Crush), Minwu with 0CT Medica (Curaja and Protectga) and finally SBless Gordon (Full Break and Shellga). All equipped with a mix of ele resist armor or accessory except for Maria as she went full MAG for this. RW Wall.
    Leon also had Mustadio's lvl 99 RM to petrify the trash but Maria was doing most of the work anyway.
    Used mage team for 250: Krile, Maria, OK, Vanille, Tyro.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I'd like to try the 250 but dunno what sort of setup I'd go with.

Beat the 200 though. Didn't master first time because I forgot to use fire on the ice one, but went through it again for the mastery.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

i ended up going with a standard mage party setup for both 200 and 250

papalymo - R4 quake/R4 blizzaja, dr. mog, leylines
    tyro - R3 multibreak/R4 -mag dance, pulse kindness, SG
    rydia - R3 meteor/R2 chain firaga, mako might, BSB
    yshtola - R5 curaja/R5 wrath, battleforged, BSB/aetherial pulse
    ashe - R4 bioga/R4 break, ace striker, BSB

RW deployment tactics

for both fights i just ran and returned until i got 2 giants for the opening wave, had yshtola wrath up a charge for proshellga. kill one ogre, let everyone beat on the other until everyone's got a bar or two, then proceed using SBs as necessary to clear out the trash. i didn't bother with resist gear but i probably should have for papalymo who was only at level 80 and got run over in both fights toward the end.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    This was super easy for me, both CM and 250.
    Used Leon with HotE (Gaia Cross and Biora), Maria and her amazing BSB (Meteor for trash and Faith), Josef with ice AoE+ HP% Medica SSB (Magic Breakdown and Meteor Crush), Minwu with 0CT Medica (Curaja and Protectga) and finally SBless Gordon (Full Break and Shellga). All equipped with a mix of ele resist armor or accessory except for Maria as she went full MAG for this. RW Wall.
    Leon also had Mustadio's lvl 99 RM to petrify the trash but Maria was doing most of the work anyway.
    Used mage team for 250: Krile, Maria, OK, Vanille, Tyro.
    I don't know how I'm going to do this with my II team w/o the BSB.

Gordon: Reverse Wall, shellga + FB
    Josef: Snowball Heals, MBD, LS or Fires Within
    Minwu: WoWHM, Curaja, PROTECTGA!!!
    Guy: Enearth + Meteo Crush + Lifebane
    Firion: SSB + LS + Omega

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    I don't know how I'm going to do this with my II team w/o the BSB.

Gordon: Reverse Wall, shellga + FB
    Josef: Snowball Heals, MBD, LS or Fires Within
    Minwu: WoWHM, Curaja, PROTECTGA!!!
    Guy: Enearth + Meteo Crush + Lifebane
    Firion: SSB + LS + Omega
    Replace Firion with Maria and try an RW BSB? You have Goddess Bell so damage could be sustainable without Wall. Need to find a slot for Bio though

BG Level

I suppose I could do that... but I have zero relics for Maria.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Cleared this with the following relics:
    josef suicide gloves (didn't use lol) (magic breakdown/power breakdown; basically existed to cast shared protectga and debuff dungeon mobs; front row and poor res on the shared protectga meant he got obliterated at the boss)
    minwu will of the white mage (curaja/shellga)
    maria nadda (haster, break for dungeon)
    emperor (2x fat chocobo; healing staff+; dev)
    gordon (goddess bell and pride of kashuan; gordon cleared AOE waves ... sort of ... and was instrumental in hitting 10k per choco hit)

I had no attack ssbs or bssbs so after a bunch of failed maria attempts using command 1 I mathed it out and figured that I literally couldn't win that way. But after seeing the fat chocobo do 20k per hit when burst commands ran out and after getting some advice I swapped to "stay alive to cast 10 fat chocobos."

Trash got magic breakdown/power breakdown'd to build meter, goddess bell + breakdown meant trash didn't do much. Final mob was a green dragon. Built buffs (haste, pro/shell, pride of kash, witch's hat) when it was at low life and killshotted with maria bssb to save time on the boss. t1 was goddess bell, defend (josef and maria), fat choco, WOTWM in response to thunderbolt.

I screwed up several times and almost didn't make it - pride of kash/witchcraft wore and I did a terrible 5kx2 cast, then later 7kx2 when I ran out of burst mode, and used a command 1 on the ice gigas to kill it slightly faster (should have used command 2 for more mag to make up for burst mode ending). Fortunately ice/fire only have 190k hp so there's a little room for error and goddess bell did about 5k total per mob chip damage. Josef died recasting protectga but pride of kash's blink sealed the deal.

Now I have two stupid fat chocobos ...

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Planned CM for Torment

Cid OSB RW that i'll summon on Agrias and Orlandeau
    Once again my issue is trash and hoping i have enough DMG to clear them while having ablities for boss

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Unless my upcoming pull on Banner #4 is somewhat good I'm gonna have a hard time on this CM. All I have for Tactics is a 6* Plat. Sword, 6* Grand Armor, Healing Staff and Adamant Vest. Will probably use Cid's OSB as RW and try to ignore adds.

BG Level

*Looks at Agrias and Cid*

I'm going to DESTROY this.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

trashed the CM handily with:

Agrias - lifesiphon/- : ace striker - BSB
    Ramza - full break/lifesiphon : thunderstroke - Shout/BSB
    Ovelia - curaja/shellga : pulse kindness - MBlink SSB/Regen+hastega unique
    Delita - lifesiphon/- : battleforged - BSB/Counter-tackle
    Mustadio - MBD/- : knight's charge - pentabreak/leg shot

RW sentinel's grimoire

i had cleansing strike at my disposal but it wasn't necessary, between pentabreak, full break, MBD and double blinks incoming wasn't really an issue except for a turn where SG dropped. i've pulled rather heavily on both of the last FFT events so my synergy is pretty nuts. thunderstroke on ramza was just to speed up an initial bar of SB doing a few rounds of H&R, which is pretty easy to abuse here since 1xBLM spawns are common and he has a high chance to just do ST phys for the first couple turns.

if you're lucky enough to have thunder-god OSB this will be joke status for sure.

trash felt much more forgiving on this one compared to the last couple torments.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Oravis Altago
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

1/1 on CM (first torment CM I've even attempted)

Honestly, if Ovelia had a burst, my FFT synergy team could easily rival my A team.

Agrias -BSB
    TG Cid - OSB/BSB
    Ramza - Shout although I have all his sbs
    Ovelia - SSB
    Mustadio - SSB (Could easily replace him with Delita who I have a BSB for. Not sure why I didn't but he worked out great)

RW - Sentinel's

This definitely felt easier than other torments I've done. But the weakness to holy was probably the reason.

BG Level

My Tactics team fucking melted both dungeons.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Not too much to say about tactics torment.The trash is way weaker than other dungeons too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast