+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Really having a hard time approaching this. I don't have bad FFV synergy by any means, but I seem to be missing 2 key things to make a majority of strats work (Haste + Boostga or Faithga and Runic) and I can only RW one of them.

This wouldn't be a problem, but I'm trying to do CM as well. May just have to let that go for now.

SB's available to me:
    Greg - Burst (Sentinel entry, Dispel and Retaliate commands)
    Faris - Imperil Wind AoE
    Krile - 8 hit SMN single target and quickcast
    Bartz - En-Wind

Other FF5 Synergy - 6* Hayate Bow, 5* Ice Brand

I had though of approaching with a Runic team where Bartz Tornado Strikes everything down, but that would take my RW slot away from Shout. And with the higher DEF I think magic is the way to go.

I may just have to pass on the CM until later and clear the content now as is.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

My strategy involved RW Divine Guardian, Shellga, and stacking mitigation (Multi break, Heathen Frolic, ATK+MAG). It took AoE damage from 2500-2700 down to 800-900, and single target from 7000+ down to 2000.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    Really having a hard time approaching this. I don't have bad FFV synergy by any means, but I seem to be missing 2 key things to make a majority of strats work (Haste + Boostga or Faithga and Runic) and I can only RW one of them.

This wouldn't be a problem, but I'm trying to do CM as well. May just have to let that go for now.

SB's available to me:
    Greg - Burst (Sentinel entry, Dispel and Retaliate commands)
    Faris - Imperil Wind AoE
    Krile - 8 hit SMN single target and quickcast
    Bartz - En-Wind

Other FF5 Synergy - 6* Hayate Bow, 5* Ice Brand

I had though of approaching with a Runic team where Bartz Tornado Strikes everything down, but that would take my RW slot away from Shout. And with the higher DEF I think magic is the way to go.

I may just have to pass on the CM until later and clear the content now as is.
    That's actually some great stuff. Gilgamesh burst will clear trash with ease and let you go in with 3 bars, and bartz enwind is pretty sick. You don't need shout with haste 3 star and steal power on butz.

BG Level

Yea don't bother with Shout.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Tried the setup I posted earlier, got destroyed 2 times running through the dungeon.

Recalibrated and made it to the boss, promptly got ripped 2 more times.

Recalibrated again, hit and ran, made it to boss and the load for Bartz was just too much juggling en-wind, steal power, RW use, and then to get maybe 3 Tornado Strikes uses in between having to refresh it all again. Ran out of steam with them half dead.

May just A-team it and forget the CM. Just don't have enough quite yet.

Drunken Red Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I tried for the CM and made it through the first dude and almost killed a 2nd but just couldn't keep up with the damage. I did even worse with my A Team(didn't set enough AOEs to quickly take out the trash).

Honestly, I think I'm just going to wait until after the next summon comes out and knock out this plus the next torment at the same time. I don't think I've got the patience to S/L for hours to get a clear right now.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Do you guys think FFV's Torment will be extended or are they going to replace it with X's? Still need to clear the CM and I don't think I have enough firepower to do so right now.... I'm afraid Global's team will screw this up somehow.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

It could go either way really. In JP, when the FFX dungeon first released, the FFV one was unavailable that round and didn't return until the next round. It is worth noting that the first round of torment in JP was 1 stam initially and considered a beta, then increased to 60 when FFX came around, and we got the 60 stam implementation right away so they might not necessarily follow the same release pattern JP did.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Got through 200 with a modified A-team. Tyro on dances, Greg on BSB Tauntaliate, Beatrix and Celes on damage, Selphie with Dreamstage. It's really hurting the output that my 2 main physical BSB's are Sentinel when I'm running a Runic strat with Celes. And on top of that I have to RW either Shout or Wall. I RW'ed shout, and the last 15% was really a slog without it (since I played it hyper safe), I'm worried RW'ing Wall would just make things worse on the whole at the end.

May make a 250 attempt before it leaves, but I got my Spellblade motes and am happy. Shattered a copy of Snowspell Strike to make up for the CM wind crystals, but ill just approach it later on.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Finally done with this bullshit of a CM... Went with double healer+ Krile as solo DPS with Raines RW.
    I really hope X's won't be this crazy... Tidus BSB should help me out there.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

damage output is absolutely brutal even in D200. deployment tactics is really good here. not sure what the hell you're supposed to do about tail though, it was hitting for 3-4k even through full breakdown, power breakdown, and banishing blade. current setup is:

tidus - powerchain/LS, abes all star
    wakka - ABD/wrath, BSB
    auron - yukikaze/LS, banishing blade
    yuna - curaja/shellga, miracle veil
    paine - waterga strike/LS, hastega SSB

might have to drop paine for a second healer with a shared medica + protectga, but that means i'll have to RW shout or OK.

Daniel Rand
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Mastered 200 ,Much easier than last one imo. Don't bother with ensuna I s/l 5 or 6 times and never got petrified so it must be really low chance. I would've brought a 2nd cure with vanille also since I never used waterga. Magic blink helps a lot if you can time it with regurgitate. I think a healer bsb with aoe would help a lot

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

CM down with mastery! lost 2 medals for damage taken. gonna attempt D250 tomorrow night.

setup:

Spoiler: show

i had to S/L several times, winning run was due to favorable RNG as i never encountered tail or a 6k punch on tidus, which is usually what did my earlier runs in. probably should've worn some resist gear but i couldn't be bothered digging through my vault.

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

no issues with A team D200, just took a long time. don't think 250 will give me problems either, vanille bsb too stronk

my ffx gear is awful so ill probably pass even attempting this cm

BG Level

Mastered easily with A-team of Yshtola, Quistis, OK, Ramza, and Tidus.

Not sure if I'll attempt CM again just yet, since I lack a good Medica and decent mitigation stacking for X. Not having the Chain Waterga-strike was pretty shitty.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Got CM mastery with -2 damage medals after remaking my party twice and ~10 s/l with my winning setup. Used a very similar setup to Moridam's, except for tauntaliate on auron, had OSB+BSB and sapphire shot r3 instead of powerchain on Tidus, and brought a shared shellga on auron being the key differences with my run. Took the first phase slowly with en-water + sapphire shot spam, then bursted down most of the last half with en-water + OSB spam.

D250 was easier than FF5 this time around imo, but I had a harder time on this CM even though I had 2 bursts and an OSB this time around and only had SSBs available for the triplets. Not sure I could have done it without at least Tidus's burst, maybe with a Raines BSB RW and a lot of luck.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Moridam View Post
    CM down with mastery! lost 2 medals for damage taken. gonna attempt D250 tomorrow night.

setup:

Spoiler: show

i had to S/L several times, winning run was due to favorable RNG as i never encountered tail or a 6k punch on tidus, which is usually what did my earlier runs in. probably should've worn some resist gear but i couldn't be bothered digging through my vault.
    how did you deal with the trash ? i have issues passing stage 1 with almost same setup

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

most of the damage on trash was from tidus using his burst and auron using yukikaze. i'd considered doing tauntaliate, but i wanted to have a bit more firepower for the boss.

i had to use a bunch of curaja hones however, i think i started the boss at 7-8 charges (and i think i got pretty lucky on doublecast procs throughout the trash stage). i really should've fit in a shared protectga somewhere, the trash waves are rough without it and it would definitely make the boss encounter a lot smoother.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Gulf of stones followed by tsunami is just total bullshit.

I think this may be the first CM that I can't complete. I think I'll have to wait until I get some better SBs but I don't have any mythril to pull on the upcoming X banner.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Moridam View Post
    most of the damage on trash was from tidus using his burst and auron using yukikaze. i'd considered doing tauntaliate, but i wanted to have a bit more firepower for the boss.

i had to use a bunch of curaja hones however, i think i started the boss at 7-8 charges (and i think i got pretty lucky on doublecast procs throughout the trash stage). i really should've fit in a shared protectga somewhere, the trash waves are rough without it and it would definitely make the boss encounter a lot smoother.
    Tried this and didnt got far on trash

No SB for the others X characters

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast