+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Can anyone remind me which orbs 4* and 5*drop in the 2torments we have active atm?

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by synistar View Post
    Thanks

I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Bump for Torment 2.0.

Relevant info about collecting enough currency for 6* abilities.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKee...ould_learn_to/

More detailed rewards - https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKee...r_each_dungeon

Short of it - You will not be able to get every ability even if you're a whale. Don't buy job motes or 5* motes.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Managed to get FFT d??? boss had 35% HP or so left on first try. TGC ran out of hones, but wouldn't have mattered, as Ovelia got caught with her thumb up her ass when Slowga hit, and she was my hastega.

Orlandeau: Complete
    Ramza: BSB2
    Ovelia: USB/BSB1
    Marche: Complete
    Agrias: BSB/LMR

Poor Agrias needs a USB. Without it, she doesn't hit hard. Doesn't help that I'm not using boostga until later part of the fight. Ramza entrusts to TGC turn 1 to get him started.

EDIT: Cleared up how much HP it had left.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Ughhh I had like 4 more fights to finish in the old torments. Lost so many motes

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I had a couple of realms where I was missing the 3 PT members rewards, was just leveling them during fest hoping to maybe clear some, of course I didn't bother to remember the date when they are being removed lol

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I ended up getting to around 60% on D??? too.

Marche USB/BSB
    TGC USB/BSB/LMR
    Agrias USB/BSB/OSB
    Ramza CSB/BSB2
    Alma BSB/SSB

I kept getting caught so I think I really need Ovelia/Alma USBs to make it safer. That and more hones. Def more hones. I have a R4 Assault Saber, and 2 R3's. I use Divine Cross and Guardbringer too.

Beat the 240 in 14.0 seconds flat, 280 in 22, so those were whatever.

Not sure which ability to pick, tho. The lightning/water one is sick looking but ugh. D: The 5 hit Fire one is nice, and so is the fire earth one. RIP having enough currency for em.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    I ended up getting to around 60% on D??? too.

Marche USB/BSB
    TGC USB/BSB/LMR
    Agrias USB/BSB/OSB
    Ramza CSB/BSB2
    Alma BSB/SSB

I kept getting caught so I think I really need Ovelia/Alma USBs to make it safer. That and more hones. Def more hones. I have a R4 Assault Saber, and 2 R3's. I use Divine Cross and Guardbringer too.

Beat the 240 in 14.0 seconds flat, 280 in 22, so those were whatever.

Not sure which ability to pick, tho. The lightning/water one is sick looking but ugh. D: The 5 hit Fire one is nice, and so is the fire earth one. RIP having enough currency for em.
    I'd suggest to wait honestly but if you really wanna pick now considering the upcoming 5* magicites as well (first one is thunder).

BG Level

You just reminded me where my power orbs are going. R4 Heavy Overstrike ability ahoy!

BG Level

Got the mastery reward + 50% damage bonus reward done. My synergy is ridiculous
    Ramza - Wrath | Entrust - BSB2|USB - Mako - LM1+2
    Agrias - R4 Guardbringer | Break Strike - USB|OSB|BSB - Truthseeker - LM1+2
    Ovelia - Curada | Hastega - USB - Gathering Storm
    TGC - R4 + R3 Assault Strike - Tyro RM99 - USB|OSB|BSB
    Marche - R4 Earthbringer | Shellga - USB - Dr. Mogs
    Main - Enkidu Sub: Evrae (Health Boon 5) | Evrae (99 no inherit) | Seraph (Dampen Dark 7) | Firemane

I think I need to level up another Siren to use as main. Probably use a fast act magicite for the 2nd Evrae

I'll also get Shellga on Agrias, Marche with Gaia Cross + Earthbringer, change Ovelia's RM to Lionheart, and maybe R4 one of my 2 R3 Assault Sabers.

Edit: when you play conservatively and petrify Agrias early to get mastery

1% lulz.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Got around to doing this, barely got sub 30 on d240/280. Not gonna attempt dWhale. Party was: LD Orlandeau (OSB), LD Marche (USB), LD Ramza (BSB2/USB), Rapha (Dances), Ovelia (SSB).

BG Level

Tried Whale again. 77% and ran out of steam. Need more hones, maybe consider a Marche LD, reconfigure abilities to push more damage, etc.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by synistar View Post
    Tried Whale again. 77% and ran out of steam. Need more hones, maybe consider a Marche LD, reconfigure abilities to push more damage, etc.

If you have Marche's USB, definitely dive him. I dived him the day I got it, and there's been regrets for months. His DPS is right up there with TGC. Marche hits hard, has en-holy, and 35% double cast. It's nice. Even more so if you have his LMR.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

What's it do? Imperil?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    What's it do? Imperil?
    Boosts damage of Knight abilities when using a sword.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

63% damage on torment gilg. I think I can eke a bit more with the new fire sammy skills next week but I'm having trouble ramping damage to start with. Also having to take a dispeller (I'm using a fire team with bartz/gilgamesh terrible usb1 and chain, and kururu sheepsong) with galuf invinci ssb for lack of other options, but once galuf goes invinci and loses haste he moves at an absolute snail's pace.

EDIT: That's with dived kururu and gilg (both having some future value hopefully...)+bartz. No dive for lenna and I'd really like to but absolutely all of her stuff seems bad. Nobody in realm I want to dive at the moment...

BG Level

I doubt I'll get to 50% with my current gear. Potential setup for now
    Lenna - Curada | (?) - USB1 + BSB1
    Krile - R4 Meltdown | (?) - Sheepsong - LMR
    Galuf - R4 Fires Within | Dispel (?) - Invincible SSB
    Faris - PBD (?) | Wrath - BSB2
    Bartz - R3 SSSx2 - Wind BSB + OSB - LM2 + LMR

I guess Krile can slot in break for the mastery. Don't think I can push any further than 50% though without Bartz USB.

Is the RW chain as strong as an elemental chain? Just the chain itself, not the buff that goes along with the gen 2 chains.

I'm not really sure what I'm doing wrong here but my damage is pitiful. Cant' even get to 70% before the 30 second mark, and I had no problem sub-30 the first one, and 35~ seconds on the 2nd one on my first try.

Party is:
    Lenna - hastega/curada, BSB1, LMR, Gathering Storm materia
    Faris - warth/entrust, battleforged materia
    Bartz - LS/TQS, x2 earth gear, USB1/Earth BSB (have all his other elemental BSB), x3/x2 strike LMRs, +40% materia
    Dorgann - Earthbringer/Banishing Strike, x1 earth gear, BSB2, MM materia
    Galuf - meteor crush(I think the buff is redundant)/Gaia Rush, x2 earth gear, CSB/BSB1, dr mog's materia

Going full damage with Bartz, dorgann BSB that gives moderate attack and imperil earth, AND Galuf's new CSB for large attack boost (should stack with dorg's buff) + earth chain, get's Bartz's tremmor quad only up to around 5-6k per hit. I'm not really sure what I can do to push dmg any further. Maybe the only thing I can do at this point is get the new 6* earth spellblade. I mean, that alone would likely push his dmg to 8-9k per hit, but I don't know if it's worth throwing all those crystals at R3'ing it when I assuredly will still not get to 50 seconds. Even though I'm not capping dmg, I don't think its worth it to use BSB over USB for the enEarth, but that should theoretically push his dmg to the 9k range per hit. If I get decent double/triple casts then that will do more raw dmg than the USB chase, but it still might lose out due to the quickcast. Not sure.

Bartz is also really my only dmg. Galuf and Dorg will do around 15k per turn each, but that's not enough at this level. I'm presently using Faris as an entrust bot for Lenna, as I don't have enough healing otherwise, so that leaves me with either taking out either Dorg or Galuf. I'm thinking maybe I can leave out Galuf, since earth chain is redundant, to maybe sub in Krile for an B+ dmg dealer with her auto-enfire, 25% double cast LMRs, and x2 fire equipment coupled with meltdown. The only problem is this party has no magic buff, so she would have to self buff with her BSB or Sheepsong, and it'll take 15 seconds to get that set up unless I gimp her dmg and put in mako for her sheepsong and use that for haste as well. I think Meltdown will realistically do about the same as Bartz's TQS because she doesn't have as many buffs, though i may be underselling it.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

The field is weaker than gen 2 on paper but it gets added into enelement and other things whereas realm chain is multiplied so realm chain is competitive.
    No need for meteor crush if you're using his gen 2 chain.
    New earth spellblade is something like 37% more damage. If you plan to use spellblades for 5 star magi it's going to be useful because we don't get the 5 hit earth spellblade when it comes out as I understand it.