BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

Ashita v3 (Windower Alternative)

Ashita v3

What is Ashita?

Ashita is a third-party injected hook, similar to Windower, that enhances the Final Fantasy XI game client. Ashita allows you to run the game in a windowed mode seamlessly, giving you the freedom to run multiple characters at the same time as well as extend the clients features with addons and plugins.

Ashita includes features such as:
    • Full windowing modes to run the game the way you want.
    • Addons written in Lua that can be developed by anyone.
    • Plugins written in C/C++ that can be developed by anyone.
    • Text based scripting to further extend the games macro system.
    • Custom text objects that can be used to draw custom data on-screen.
    • And much more!

Project Links

Ashita v3 Launcher / Installer

Ashita installs itself via its launcher. It will extract and download any files needed for it to operate. You can also download and install addons and plugins through the launcher that have been submitted to the development portal and approved.

You can find the current launcher download here:
    https://git.ashitaxi.com/Ashita/Ashi...ter/Ashita.exe

Please note; this download and extracts files as soon as its opened, so it is recommended to put it in a folder by itself. Such as: C:\Ashita\

What are addons?
    Addons are scripts written in Lua that have access to the Ashita plugin ADK (Ashita Developer Kit). Addons can allow users and developers to easily and quickly create new features for their game.

Given that addons are written in a scripted language, they can be easily and rapidly created, modified, and extended to create all kinds of unique features, adjustments to the game, as well as create new endless possibilities for players to automate various tasks.

What are plugins?
    Plugins allow developers to create applications that can extend, better, or automate game play in endless ways. Ashita exposes a feature rich plugin interface that has a handful of useful things already done for developers to allow them to quickly create new things. This helps make the process of getting setup and running a new plugin extremely quick and painless.

Plugins have countless possibilities and endless limits. Developers can reach deep into their creativity and bring out some massive potential to create new, amazing, and helpful tools that will ultimately change their experience while playing the game.

Best of all, Ashita's development kit (ADK) is fully open source and anyone can develop for it!

The ADK is designed to work specifically with C/C++ but any language that can properly import the interfaces should be able to create plugins, such as Delphi, ASM, etc.

What are scripts?
    Scripts allow non-programmers the ability to easily use pre-defined commands to perform various actions. Scripts can be bound to various keys to extend it's functionality. Scripts can be used to perform simple tasks such as changing various equipment slots at once then performing actions such as a weapon skills or magic abilities.

What's new in Ashita v3?

Ashita v3 is a full core rewrite of Ashita v2. The main focus and new things are:
    • Full rewrite to optimize and modernize the Ashita core. (C++11/14 features, cint types, etc.)
    • Core code cleanup and commenting, now making use of JSDoc style comments across the whole project.
    • Enhanced plugin system with better callbacks for things such as the packet handlers and similar.
    • Added and improved callbacks for things such as command handling and incoming/outgoing text.
    • Exposure of more Direct3D calls that are commonly used in hacks/cheats to assist with various things.
    • Removal of old unused things such as AnTweakBar UI system, which has been succeeded by the newer ImGui UI system.
    • Massive overhaul and cleanup of the plugin SDK (known as the ADK).
    • And much more!

A full list of the changelog during the development of Ashita v3 can be found here:
    https://forums.ashitaxi.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=66

A full changelog will be added to the Ashita website soon for Ashita v3.

Bug Reports / Issues

You can submit bugs to our Git trackers here:

For Ashita specific bugs: https://git.ashitaxi.com/Ashita/Ashitav3-Release/issues
    For Launcher specific bugs: https://git.ashitaxi.com/Ashita/Ashi...auncher/issues

If you have issues with a certain addon or plugin, it is best to report that bug in that given addon/plugin repo which you can find here:
    https://git.ashitaxi.com/org/Addons/dashboard
    https://git.ashitaxi.com/org/Plugins/dashboard

IRC / Discord

You can join our Discord via the following link:
    https://discord.gg/Ashita

Thanks / Shoutouts
    Ashita would not be possible without the continued support and contributions from various people.
    While it is hard to thank everyone that hs done something for this project as keeping track of every name is impossible, I would like to thank those that are a constant help or have been helpful to the project in the past (in no special order):

• RZN, h1pp0, Lolwutt
    • Hypnotoad, MalRD, matix
    • Vicrelant, bluekirby0, eradicate
    • Apogee, Julian, Nospheratu
    • Praenuntiae, Venrell, Xenosmurf

Huge thanks to the following third party resources and libraries which are used within Ashita and its launcher:
    • Microsoft Detours
    • TinyXML2, Nlohmann JSON
    • Lua, LuaBind
    • ImGui (and previously AnTweakBar)
    • Patrick Wyatt (for his thread safe List implementation)
    • Galasoft.MvvmLight Toolkit, Xceed WPF Toolkit, MahApps.Metro
    • Newtonsoft.Json

Massive thanks to those that have supplied me with access to retail accounts whenever it has been needed.
    Massive thanks to all my beta testers who have done thorough testing for me, especially my friend Jessica (Immortality / Thrice).

And a huge thanks to the users of Ashita and those that have given it a chance and tried it out. Without your use, support and interest in our project, we would not be here today!

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

Q. Who can write addons and plugins for Ashita?
    A. Anyone! Our addon and plugin frameworks / SDKs are fully open source to everyone, we have no restrictions on who can develop things for Ashita.

Q. I wrote an addon/plugin, can it be added to the launcher?
    A. Absolutely! Please get in contact with atom0s on our IRC or Discord channels to get things setup properly and have your addon/plugin approved.

Q. Will a Windower plugin or addon work with Ashita or vice-versa?
    A. No. Both Ashita and Windower are developed in a different manner and are not compatible with each other. Things can be ported between the projects fairly easy, but there is no automated process to do that.

Q. I am interested in becoming a core developer for Ashita, how can I do that?
    A. Please get in contact with atom0s privately either on our forum, IRC, or Discord channel for further discussions about this.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

The New Ashita v3 Launcher

New Minimap Plugin

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

New Addons

AHGo - AH-Go is a small addon that patches a function in the game that handles determining if you are close to an auction house or not. This patches the function to make the game think you are always near the AH after it is open, allowing you to move around the zone while still browsing and using the auction house. (This is a useful addon for private servers that allow you to access the auction house from anywhere in the world.)

antiemote - Anti-emote is a simple addon that completely removes emotes from happening on your client. This is mainly useful for private servers where there is no limitations on sending emotes as well as potential crashes due to invalid packets.

autojoin - autojoin is a port of the Ashita v2 autojoin plugin but now in an addon. Automatically responds to party invites based on configurations.

blumon - Monitors for learning BLU spells and prints out a more colorful and easier to notice message.

blusets - Manage blue magic spell sets simple and easy with commands.

craftmon - CraftMon is an addon that will display the results of your synth as soon as you begin crafting. It will also display the results after the synth has completed, useful for those with various filters or similar, but still want to see result information.

filterless - Removes the bad language filter by force. (Useful for private servers where the configuration options do not save properly.)

filters - Allows players to save and load chat filters with ease.

hideconsole - Hides the boot loader while playing on private servers.

instantah - Get the results from your auction house purchase attempts instantly. No more delays waiting to find out if you won and item or not!

itemwatch - Monitor your inventory and key items easily on-screen. Useful for things such as farming Abyssea pop set key items and such.

nomad - Enables mog house functionality in any zone. (Works on private servers.)

paranormal - Removes slash command limitation usage while being dead. Use any command while you are dead on the ground.

New Plugins

Dats - Enables users to easily override DAT files without actually replacing them. Loads overrides from a set directory so you do not have to overwrite the original game files.

Minimap - Displays a minimap of the current zone on-screen. Includes a full in-game configuration editor.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Do other plugins/addons work with the new version that worked on the old? I had a few that seem to give a weird error when loading. I just tried to copy/paste my old addons and got the same error on a few of them.

Also 'find' worked the first time used but immediately gave an error and wouldn't work again unless reloaded, then did the same thing. Is there any documentation on most of the addons/plugins on how to use them? The read me files listed on the couple I looked at seemed to be empty. Or is the normal accepted method to type the addon name and a help text come up in game rather than another file?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Plugins from v2 will not work in v3, as the API has changed noticably. As plugins are compiled, we cannot reasonably convert any v2 plugins to v3 without the source to the original v2 plugin. However, most major plugins have already been converted and if you have requests for any specific plugin we can look into whether the source is available and getting it converted.

Addons from v2 may also not immediately work in v3, but as they're readily viewable they can all be converted as developers have time. Again, if you're missing a particular addon a request may help to speed it's conversion along.

Ideally, the aim is to have everything that was available in v2 also become available in v3 along with some additions such as the minimap plugin.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Makes sense, thanks. I just jumped in yesterday to play around with it but didn't do any extensive testing obviously and noticed what you confirmed above.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

What Lolwutt said, also what issue/error does find give? And what command(s) did you use to cause the error?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

Ashita v3 Updates

Here is a list of changes over the past few days:

Changelog - 12/31/2016
    • Fixed issue with configuration paths if the path includes .xml in the file name already.

Changelog - 01/02/2017
    • Fixed issues with controllers not working always.

Changelog - 01/03/2017
    • Reverted the render order of font objects as layered plugins were now rendering incorrectly.
    • Deeps plugin has been ported to Ashita v3 (Thanks Lolwutt!)
    • Greed plugin has been ported to Ashita v3 (Thanks Lolwutt!)
    • No-ckback plugin has been ported to Ashita v3 (Thanks Lolwutt!)

Changelog - 01/04/2017 (Ashita v3.0.0.2)
    • Fixed issue with scripts double printing .txt extension.
    • Guildwork plugin is now ported and working for Ashita v3.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Thanks for the updates. Novo is the only plugin that's keeping me from v3; getting animation-locked is a no-go.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

Quote Originally Posted by catmato View Post
    Thanks for the updates. Novo is the only plugin that's keeping me from v3; getting animation-locked is a no-go.
    Novo is not a plugin by any of the Ashita Development Team members so the original author will have to port it to v3.

Ashita v2 will no longer be getting updates either, so I would recommend getting v3 setup for the time being for when you will need to make the change.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Oh man Ashita's come such a long way since the last time I've seen it (v1? 2?) Is there something like Battlemod for it nowadays? That's pretty much the only thing that's keeping me glued to Windower. Either way, awesome job with Ashita!

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

Quote Originally Posted by bluepantsu View Post
    Oh man Ashita's come such a long way since the last time I've seen it (v1? 2?) Is there something like Battlemod for it nowadays? That's pretty much the only thing that's keeping me glued to Windower. Either way, awesome job with Ashita!
    Currently no. I personally don't play the game so I don't have the time to invest into making something that large scale.
    And the other users/developers have never bothered out of not being interested in it.

You can toss up a request on the Ashita forums for it but given that no one has made one still I don't think it will happen since no one has been interested in it.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Alt tab crash me to pol, both fullscreen and windowed mode, am i missing something?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by atom0s View Post
    Currently no. I personally don't play the game so I don't have the time to invest into making something that large scale.
    And the other users/developers have never bothered out of not being interested in it.

You can toss up a request on the Ashita forums for it but given that no one has made one still I don't think it will happen since no one has been interested in it.
    iirc one of the other things battlemod does is display /check information as mob lvl. Pretty sure some people would be interested in that at least but didn't know that's possible?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Looks like startup script wont load at all, not even default.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    iirc one of the other things battlemod does is display /check information as mob lvl. Pretty sure some people would be interested in that at least but didn't know that's possible?
    He means no developers seemed interested in making it. If all you want is a mob level check to cheat omen, that's something that could be done pretty quick.

Edit: saw other post. gonna check to make sure my ashita is updated.

I cant use ja0wait with ashita3? it worked with ashita 2 and now wont load

edit: just read thread.. ignore me lol.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Lolwutt View Post
    He means no developers seemed interested in making it. If all you want is a mob level check to cheat omen, that's something that could be done pretty quick.
    Understandable and yeah that's mostly what I'd want it for personally not sure about others. Also nice just for checking high level mobs when doing testing without having to test their levels each time

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

Quote Originally Posted by paciokino View Post
    Alt tab crash me to pol, both fullscreen and windowed mode, am i missing something?
    Quote Originally Posted by paciokino View Post
    Looks like startup script wont load at all, not even default.
    This sounds like you may be launching the game incorrectly then and not actually injecting Ashita properly. Also you cannot just copy things from Ashita v2 to Ashita v3.
    You need to redownload the newer versions of the addons / plugins via the launcher and re-setup your configurations. This should not be a big deal and take less than a few minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    This is something someone with retail access will need to make, as private servers do not implement this properly and all mobs show as 0.
    So I have no way to gather information of the packet and test it as a mini-addon by itself.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast