Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

Ashita v3.1.1.0 Released

Hello everyone, another update for Ashita. This update includes:

• Fixed issue where some managers would fail to reinitialize properly when exiting to PlayOnline then back to FFXI.
    • Added a lot of new logging to help diagnose some issues with managers loading.

While 'Debug' logging is enabled, you will see a bit larger files created as the new logging will output each time a manager initializes, updates and releases. This is helpful for us to determine if there is an issue with a manager properly being used internally.

As a reminder, Ashita does not automatically clear log files. You can find these logs within the /logs/ folder inside of your Ashita install folder. By default, Ashita does use 'Debug' mode for its logging. It is recommended to clear this folder periodically as it will continue to grow in size as time goes on.

Ashita Homepage: https://www.ashitaxi.com/
    Ashita Discord: https://discord.gg/Ashita

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

So, I've been dealing with lag issues in windower, and my LS leader kept recommending Ashita to fix it, so I am trying to make the switch over.

Overall, there are pluses and minuses to it, and it's pretty good; however, there is one thing I am missing that I would absolutely love in Ashita, and that's a partybuffs addon. Does this exist somewhere on the interwebs?

This is so useful I may have to just use windower for whm and ashita for everything else, but I'd rather stick with one program if possible.

edit: also me and another player have been having this issue where ashita crashes a lot. Anyone have that problem and find a fix for it?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Was looking into switching to Ashita recently and I was wondering is gearswap not available for it?

I saw Ashitacast is that more like spellcast?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

@Ksandra - You can check the 'status' addon and see if that is what you are referring to. I'm not sure if there is other addons/plugins that do what you are asking though.
    As for the crashing, I would need more info. Ashita is fairly well known for how stable it is, so crashes are generally due to outside sources or something else other than Ashita itself.

@Gun-it - Ashita has AshitaCast for swaps. If you need even more control, you can write addons that work alongside of AshitaCast as needed.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by atom0s View Post
    @Ksandra - You can check the 'status' addon and see if that is what you are referring to. I'm not sure if there is other addons/plugins that do what you are asking though.
    Yeah, not quite the same, thanks though.

As for the crashing, I would need more info. Ashita is fairly well known for how stable it is, so crashes are generally due to outside sources or something else other than Ashita itself.
    Yeah my ls leader said the same about the stability. Not sure how to give more info. It happens pretty frequently (maybe once every 10-30 minutes). Random what triggers it. I've had it by zoning, clicking on an item, and just standing still afk for a bit.

I don't crash at all on windower, so I wouldn't think it's the game client.

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

I've been using Ashita since I created this character almost a year ago. I've had one crash and I'd imagine it was because I had XI running first and then opened a Steam game.

My only real issue is I have recast installed yet nothing shows on my screen. I probably have the coordinates wrong but have been too lazy to figure out how to fix it. IDK.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

@Ksandra - If you use something like dgVoodoo there is a known leak that can cause crashes with FFXI.
    There is a WIP version of the latest builds which has the bug fixed you can find here if you need it: http://dege.fw.hu/temp/dgVoodooWIP57.zip
    Outside of that, I would need crash dumps to look further into what may be causing it.

@Kalmado - You can alter Recasts position via the config file in: <Ashita Path>/addons/recast/settings/ - To default it back to normal, just delete the file before launching the game next time. If you are already in game then do the following:
    - Unload recast via: /addon unload recast
    - Delete the config file mentioned above.
    - Reload recast via: /addon load recast

After it's reloaded you can move text objects in Ashita via holding shift then click and dragging them around to put it back where you want it.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Thanks for the reply. I only have recast.lua in the /addons/recast/. Maybe I don't have a setting correct in the loader.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I only have recast.lua in the /addons/recast/. Maybe I don't have a setting correct in the loader.
    O.o are you sure you are on Ashita v3?

Also, make sure that you have permissions to the drive and folder that Ashita is installed to. (Also don't network drive it.)

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by atom0s View Post
    O.o are you sure you are on Ashita v3?

Also, make sure that you have permissions to the drive and folder that Ashita is installed to. (Also don't network drive it.)
    I just checked and Users didn't have full access to the drive XI/Ashita is installed on so I'm updating that right now. Yes I'm on Ashita V3. Not sure if it matters I'm on retail.

Side note, any advice for ashitacast .xml for delay after WS so WS damage is shown in log?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

For AshitaCast questions, you are best off joining our Discord and asking there. Lolwutt (the author of it) hangs out mostly there as well as other seasoned players that use it. I just recently started playing the game again on retail, so I'm not too familiar with its in and outs personally.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8